CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

CSI: NY RPG Season 4: Some Days You Just Can't Get Away With Murder

FoxPhile

[61]Jun 4, 2009
    • level: 8

As Mac left the nursery his thoughts were focused on his oldest child, Robin. Something was obviously bothering her, but he had no clue what it might be. He knew from experience that it was most likely a personal issue, something to do with a boy. Robin didn't confide in her father about such things. Discussions of boys and clothes were reserved for mother and daughter. He understood, but it still didn't sit well. Robin had been through so much in her young life and it irked him to think another hormonal young tomcat was giving her grief.

Preoccupied with these thoughts, he nearly ran into Danny and Adam as they exited the elevator on their way to the nursery.

"Danny? Adam? What are you two still doing here? I thought I made it clear I want you two at that crime scene? What have you been doing all morning?"

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

WolfgalX

[62]Jun 4, 2009
    • level: 22

Adam blanched, then blushed, then turned pale again. What should he say, what should he say? Somehow, he didn't think "getting lost" would entirely cover the situation. "I couldn't find Danny, so I tried to head him off at the day care, but then I went to the wrong place, and I had to use this pay phone on the street, and this guy kept giving me looks when I was dialing...And then I came back here, and now Danny wants to stop at the actual nursery, and I'm going, too." Adam studied Mac's face, wondering if he was going to laugh or give him a lecture about proper work ethic.

---

Sam nearly tripped over someone's backpack when she was rushing off the plane. The man behind her prevented her from falling over, and Sam mumbled a "Thanks." in his direction. She wasn't sure he heard it. She could never seem to talk loud enough. Mentally yelling at herself, she pulled out her cell, glad she was finally off the plane so she could use it.

Something distracted her, though. There were missed calls, but only from a few associates she hadn't wanted to talk to anyway. Adam hadn't called at all. That was certainly...weird. She clicked on 'Contacts'. Adam's was the first name on her list. Her finger hovered over the 'Call' button. He must be a little confused by now, surely? Or angry. Did Adam even get angry? Suddenly she found her phone dialing. Betrayal by finger. That was new.

Five minutes later, she finally decided he wasn't answering. Now she was worried.

A kid picked that time to crash into her.

He wasn't the most polite child she'd ever met. "Hey, watch it lady! You gotta keep moving while you're in here, otherwise you get lost. Hey, who you callin'? Your boyfriend?" A lady with the brightest red hair Sam had ever seen stepped in. "Benjamin, it's time to go now. Please stop bothering this woman. You know your job." With that, she dragged 'Benjamin' off. Sam sighed. This was really why she hated airports. She headed off towards the baggage claim, fully intending to stop by the lab before she went home.

Numb3rsfan1

[63]Jun 4, 2009
    • level: 28

Please PM me if I'm going off track. My mind's in overload at the moment.

Melissa arrived at the apartment with a plastic bag fill of magazines. "Mum, I'm home", she yelled out. Donna was sitting in the lounge, watching the news. "Melissa, look at this." Melissa puts everything down on the table and made her way to the lounge. There was a breaking news story on the tv screen and a reporter is at the location.
    "Well Carol, there is no stopping this rampage here in Manhattan. NYPD are not sure how many bodies that have been discovered, but one member of the public thinks that it could be more or less bodies scattered around the city...." Melissa was shocked to hear this. She looked at the front page of the newspaper she'd just bought. "If only Mac have got my message by now", she wondered.

boom-moo

[64]Jun 5, 2009
    • level: 75

Danny was relieved that Adam agreed to stop by the nursery briefly. He hated to admit it but the physical distance from his daughter was painful. On the one hand, he hoped it would get better with time. On the other, he was loving every second of it. He couldn't imagine how much he would have freaked out if Lucy was to be kept somewhere else in the city and iin the hands of strangers. Not being for her parents and grandparents, the baby girl hadn't been confided to anyone else, and Danny knew he could trust Robin and the professional childcare nurse that Mac had personally chosen after an exhaustive selection process. Still, checking out on her for a minute wouldn't harm. After all, no one better than him knew that the yellow pacifier was her favourite, that she used to sleep with his left foot popping out of her blanket and that she always surrendered to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

As they came out of the elevator, they run into Mac. Danny noticed that the way he raised an eyebrow meant no good, and decided to remain cautiously silent and see if the reason was other than their presence there. Which it kinda was and wasn't. He decided to add something to Adam's babblings before Mac had the chance to reply. "Well, I thought I should let Adam know where the nursery is so he heads straightaway for it next time. And... it's totally on our way out, you know?"

FoxPhile

[65]Jun 5, 2009

Mac took in the explanations from the two young men. He realized he couldn't very well berate Danny for doing exactly what Mac himself had just been doing - checking up on his offspring before heading out. After all, that was one of the key reasons why the nursery had been set up in the Crime Lab building. And Adam was just...Adam. Yelling at the young genius for being flustered and a bit scatterbrained would be nothing more than a waste of time and energy. Mac might as well yell at the wind for blowing. It wouldn't change a thing and the brilliant CSI more than made up for his quirks with the excellent work he did. Especially given his infectious enthusiasm for some aspects of field work that all other CSIs turned their noses up at.

"Ok, Danny. Check up on Lucy before you leave, but don't be too long. Evidence may be disappearing as we speak. And Adam, next time, ask directions BEFORE you go off chasing wild geese, ok?.....Oh, and enjoy your dumpster dive!"

boom-moo

[66]Jun 5, 2009

Mac's sixth sense was really good when it came to business, but it was even better when it came to his family. Even though she pretended to be alright, his father had immediately realized differently. Robin knew it, and she also knew that he knew that she knew, and she wasn't sure if that was for the better or the worse. So far, she was glad that he hadn't attempted to guess. But ultimately, he had no way to know. Mac had remained at hospital when Marcus and her got closer, and he wasn't around either when the boy broke her heart. It was a secret so far to everyone but Marcus, Elly and herself and she wished it would remain like that. There was not need to create tensions in the family or the team now that things seemed to be rolling just fine again.

Robin loaded the sterilizer with her hands still shaking, she didn't know if she was happy to have seen Marcus or not, one minute she thought she was, the other she wished she hadn't... it was a total "with or without you" case. Letting out a sigh, she hated to admit that she was confused about everything but one thing: the very second he had said "I love you", she realized she did love him back.

Macs_Girl01

[67]Jun 5, 2009
    • level: 11

Ok guys I have one quick question, whose playing Flack?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Amber and Flack arrived at the first crime scene and stepped out of the car, Amber made a very rookie mistake. Because the smell of decomp from the grease barrels was so strong, she breathed in through her nose instead of her mouth and turned a volient shade of green. She hurriedly placed a hand to her mouth, dropped her kit and ran for the nearest dumpster where Amber expelled the contents of her breakfast from that morning.

"This is a reason I really hate decomp cases. I truly hate them with passion, rats come in a close second." Amber siad to herself between heavs as threw up again, hoping nobody heard her comment.

boom-moo

[68]Jun 5, 2009
    Macs_Girl01 wrote:
    Lisa said she'd try

WolfgalX

[69]Jun 5, 2009

boom-moo wrote:
    Macs_Girl01 wrote:
    Lisa said she'd try

Wasn't someone else playing him?

boom-moo

[70]Jun 5, 2009
    Someone else offered but didn't confirm on the Casting Call thread.

WolfgalX

[71]Jun 5, 2009

Got a question...Are Amber and Flack at the same crime scene Adam and Danny are going to?

---

Adam sighed a huge breath of relief. Getting teased was so much better than being fired. He pressed the button to call the elevator up to the lab's floor. How long would it take for it to get to the 32nd floor? He hoped not too long. "I hate elevators." Adam told himself as he stepped on.

boom-moo

[72]Jun 5, 2009
    As far as I took from here they aren't, but maybe I'm wrong

FoxPhile wrote:
    Adam, I'm assuming that you're here because you're interested in this case, so I want you to track down Danny and the two of you get to the location where the most recent vic was found and see what you can salvage. I'll be sending Hawkes and Stella to the second location as soon as they get in. Amber is already on her way to the first scene with Flack and I'll be joining her there as soon as I can finish up a bit of paperwork.

FoxPhile

[73]Jun 5, 2009

Adam and Danny are NOT at the same crime scene as Amber and Flack.

OLDEST Crime Scene (3 days ago)........Amber & Flack (and Mac is on his way)

MIDDLE Crime Scene (2 days ago)........Hawkes and Stella (is she coming to work?)

NEWEST Crime Scene (yesterday).........Danny & Adam

boom-moo

[74]Jun 5, 2009

"Won't be long, Mac. We'll hit the scene in no time. I'm driving, remember?" Danny glimpsed half a smile on Mac's face as he was giving his back to them. It hadn't passed inadvertent to him that the boss was in a very good mood lately. Danny acknowledged that he had his reasons; actually, all of them had. Everyone was out of troubles, healthy and back at work. It was a really nice feeling to walk the hallways with the background sound of busy offices and familiar voices left and right. And well, the team has grown in two baby girl members. After having visited Lucy and checked out that she was giggly and well kept, he headed off to the crime scene with raised spirits. Adam had suddenly gone quiet though. Danny pushed the button down to the parking lots and wondered what they will encounter at the crime scene.

saleblanc

[75]Jun 5, 2009
    • level: 32
    Sasha saw Danny leave with Adam so she walked over to say good morning to Lindsay. "Hey Kiddo. How you holding up? Being away from Lucy I mean?" Lindsay look up "Hey Sash, actually, I think I'm doing better than Danny. I have to admit I feel a whole lot better knowing she's only a few floors down and I can see her when I need a fix." Lindsay grinned. Sasha laughed. "I have to admit having the center on site was a great idea." Lindsay took the opening to tease her. "Planning on you and Don utilizing the site anytime soon?" Sasha rolled her eyes and she sat down in a chair laughing. "Please, you guys won't even let me drive let alone take care of a child. No, for right now I'm in no rush I'm enjoying the spontaneity of it just being me an Don. I'm not ready for the sacrifice or responsibility yet." Sasha paused. "I am however shocked that Danny's taken to fatherhood so well." Lindsay laughed. "I know, tell me about it. I can barely get anytime with her, he's doing everything. I gotta admit though, I love watching him with her." Lindsay smiled with pride. With that Lindsay's phone rang. "Detective Messer.... really. Okay, I'll pull the case file and get back to you." She hung up the phone and starting clicking away on her computer. "Damn." She muttered. "What's up?" Sasha asked. "That was ADA Thomas and there's a problem with one of my cases going to trial next week." Lindsay shared as she took down some information from the computer screen. "What's the problem?" Sasha inquired. "The defense attorney wants some of the key evidence thrown out." Lindsay bitterly. "Why? You are too good of an investigator to not cross your t's and dot your i's before going to the DA's office." Sasha was used to defense attorney's calling evidence into question but wanting to throw evidence totally out was out of the ordinary. "Not when the credibility of the lab tech is called into question." Lindsay tearing the piece of paper heading out of the office. Sasha started to follow. "What! No way. Our lab techs are too good. Mac's standards are too high, there's no way one of them made a mistake, especially without you checking it." Lindsay stopped frustrated. "I'm with you on that Sasha, but the lab tech in question is no longer with us." Sasha sighed. "Narissa." Lindsay nodded. "What can I do?" Sasha offered. "Thanks for the offer, but right now I'm gonna do some homework with legal and then I'm gonna get with Stella to see what's the best way to tackle this, I'll let you know." Lindsay headed down the hall and Sasha returned to her office hoping this latest situation didn't turn into too much of a headache.

Lisaraph

[76]Jun 5, 2009
    • level: 14

Stella is coming to work. I already told Alex that she owed us a post and she promised us one today, but it probably won't be until late. But as of yet Hawkes doesn't even know he's supposed to be going anywhere.

---------------------------------------------

Flack tried to ignore the sounds of Amber throwing up into the dumpster. He just sighed and shook his head. He loved Amber to pieces, and she was a good investigator, but she was prone to rookie mistakes. He grinned at her comments about rats and decomp and looked around the scene. "Well, you lucky woman, the grease barrels here are all yours. I'll see if I can't get in touch with the restaurant owners and see if I can get them to willingly give up their grease barrels without a warrant." He had printed off a list of the restaurants and their owners earlier. It always helped to know who you were going to be dealing with. He chuckled as Amber finally straightened up enough to start her work, muttering something under her breath. He wasn't sure, but he was pretty sure it had something to do with Apache curses and Mac's office. "I am SO glad I'm not Mac right now." Chuckling, he thought of what Sasha would do to him in Amber's situation, and he was reasonably sure it did not involve kinky sex. Grinning, he peeked his head in a dumpster as he passed by on his way out of the alleyway. Wait...was that a rat? Oh it was. Perfect. As much as he detested the little rodents, this dead little fellow was going to be just the ticket.

He glanced quickly at Amber. Yep, she was still composing herself over by her kit. Grinning evilly, he grabbed a glove out of his jacket pocket and slipped it on. Grabbing the rodent by the tail, he strode quietly up to Amber. "Hey Amber! I have a witness for you to process!" As she turned to look at him quizzically, he tossed the rat in her direction and immediately started sprinting around the corner. Grabbing his phone, he dialed Sasha's number. "Sash? Just in case Amber kills me before I get home tonight, I wanted to tell you how much I love you." He could hear Amber yelling at him and he doubled his speed, trying hard not to double over in a fit of hilarious laughter with Sasha yelling "What did you DO?!" over the phone at him.

Numb3rsfan1

[77]Jun 5, 2009
    • level: 28
    After watching the news, Melissa was a bit tired that she told her mother that she'll be in her room if she needs her. She lied down on her bed, trying to piece together the events that happened so far in her new life. Ever since moving here from Miami surely took its told on her mentally. She hopes that Mac have receive the message because it is crucial to tell him something important. "Until then, internet surfing time", she said as she took her laptop out and starts surfing the net.

coolceruleanblu

[78]Jun 5, 2009
    • level: 26
    (I love that Asteraki's occupation is simply cat. Nuisance is more like it, tho. And I love your Sid FP. I mean really his "Oh dear." was perfect! and Wolf you'll get the hang of it. And hahah Asta, about not getting hurt, LOL wish you could tell that to Lisa *taps foot* who like injures stella every chance she gets. from now on, my answer is no. N-O.)

Stella honked heavily on the horn as a bicyclist almost ran into her car. He flipped her off and she lifted her arms up in frustration. "Great. Gee Buddy, maybe I was just looking out for your safety. Next time I'll just run you over." She grumbled as she hit a wall of traffic. Yellow cabs littered the sea of cars in front of her, and she hastily looked at the siren button in front of her. She realized with this traffic, a siren would do more harm than good, and so she figured the best thing would be to take another route as she turned the radio to AM.

"Welcome to 1010 WINS," said the voice on the radio. "Here is your traffic on the 1's." And it proceeded to tell her NOT to take the FDR as that, also, was backlogged. She looked at the avenue ahead of her, and said, "Alright, we'll try Park."

Half an hour (and a few ten or so extra blocks later), Stella finally arrived at the lab. She knew she had to go to a scene soon, she was sure that's what the buzzing in her pocket was about, bu she couldn't go without checking into the lab first. She took a sip of her large dunkin hazelnut and sighed. Now this was real coffee. She was sick of that machiatto from Sbucks. Not that they weren't delicious. Maybe that would be her afternoon drink. Caramel deliciousness. After walking into her office, Stella placed her drink on the desk and grabbed some papers. She pursed her lips as she looked around for a pen, and placing the papers in a folder, and then a clipboard, she grabbed everything and was ready to go. "I think.." she said looking around, to make sure she didn't forget anything.

Lisaraph

[79]Jun 5, 2009
    • level: 14

Alex, I am not planning on injuring Stella in any way. Or Shellie. And blu has also volunteered to help me play Flack as well.

Hawkes had just finished washing his mug when the pager in his pocket went off. Pulling it out, he checked the location, nodded and returned to his office. Grabbing the few items he thought he might need, he holstered his sidearm and headed toward the elevator, running into Stella on her way there as well. He grinned at her. "Hey, Stel. You're looking well this morning. Are we going to the same scene?" He grinned as they compared pager locations. "Good. Who's driving? You or me?"

NYCarbon

[80]Jun 6, 2009
    • level: 17
    Okay, I'm following on here but a tad lost at the same time. Has anything MAJOR happened recently?