CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

CSI: NY RPG Season 4: Some Days You Just Can't Get Away With Murder

TheCloser4eva

[121]Jun 10, 2009
    • level: 17

Laurent groaned as she felt her lungs contrast little bit more with each breathe. Her head was pounding from being pushed to the ground by her head of security. She pushed back the dizziness from lack of breathe as more detetctives and officer arrived. Finally the CSI's arrived. She gathered what was left of her mood,which wasn't alot, and walked over to them. The male she could tell was also pretty pissed, but the woman seemed okay.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hey Lisa could you check your PM. I sent you a message.

Edited on 06/14/2009 2:32pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Numb3rsfan1

[122]Jun 10, 2009
    • level: 28
    Melissa was about to enter the apartment building when she heard her cellphone rang. She checks it and saw that she has a new text message. "Hi Melissa, just wanted to let you know that I'm coming back to New York from LA tomorrow afternoon. Wish you were here though. R " it read. She smiled as she puts her phone away and made her way to the apartment.

Donna were catching up with her two friends from high school when Melissa opened the door. She looked at the two people, confused. "Mum, who are these two?" she asked. Donna stood up and sighs. "Melissa, this is my friends from high school, Alexandro and Elena Messer...." Melissa just stood there, in shock. "My biological parents?!" she said. Donna nodded. "It's lovely to finally meet you, Melissa", the woman said as she hugged her.

NYCarbon

[123]Jun 12, 2009
    • level: 17
    Guys, I wont be able to post this week due to excessive homework distribution ...I hope thats okay with you.

Justicerocks, do you mind posting this week?

boom-moo

[124]Jun 12, 2009
    • level: 75

Overalls taken, prints lifted and every available bit of evidence bagged, Danny and Adam secured them together with their kits inside the trunk of the car. As Danny was locking the door again, he saw something that brightened up his day. On the one hand, it reminded him of her baby daughter, and his mind drifted for some seconds to the sweetest smile and the bluest eyes. On the other hand, it would provide with immediate relief to something that was bugging him. He reached out for a plastic box and lifting up the lid, he pulled out several towels, handing some over to Adam. "Thank God for baby towels, huh?" He rubbed his hands thoroughly. Latex gloves and all, he had the feeling that the stench was still very present in his skin. Feeling fresher, he started the tedious task of questioning restaurant owners, employees and getting reservation book records and credit card receipts that would help tracking patrons. Adam did the same with other shop owners and vicinity residents and street vendors. Danny kept in mind to call the bulky waste picking up services and the city hall. It sounded like a long morning by the telephone, but he'd rather take that than straining that disgusting smelling barrel. He was glad to have gotten the case with Adam and not Amber or Sasha. Then he would be the one head in inside the bin.

As he made his way towards the ME facilities to check in with Sid, he hoped to have time for a quick visit to Lucy before getting chained to his desk and phone. "Hey Sid. I took a shower first thing in the morning, I swear."

FoxPhile

[125]Jun 12, 2009
    • level: 8

"Ah, Danny," Sid turned when he heard the door to his autopsy theater open, but immediately wished young Detective Messer had remained on the other side. "Danny," he choked, waving his hand futily in front of his face, trying to divert the smell, "what IS that smell? You smell like death, decomp and rancid fried fish all rolled up together, with just the barest hint of baby powder overlaying it all. Didn't you shower?"

The ME squinted as his eyes began to water. Normally he was fairly immune to any of the myriad of odors to which he was exposed in the course of his duties, but apparently the combination of dead body and rancid cooking oil increased their combined stink exponentially. The young CSI's protests that he had showered that morning were laughable. He walked briskly to his supply cabinet, returning with a large two gallon jug which he handed over, trying his best not to actually make contact. "Well, young man, I urge you to visit the locker rooms immediately. Don't go to your office and don't stop by the nursery - your wife will divorce you and your daughter will be scarred for life. Use the entire contents - it's white vinegar. There's simply not enough lemons available. You'll smell a bit like a pickle, but trust me, it will be an enormous improvement."

Danny scowled as he took the jug and turned to leave. Sid called him back. "Danny, you're here now, you might as well hear what I have to tell you. My nose becomes accustomed to just about anything in record time." Sid turned again to grab a case file. "Let's see, yours was last night's vic, right?" At Danny's nod, Sid continued, "Yes, ID found on all three vics appears to be false. If I were a betting man, I'd say the wallets were planted, although it's up to you to figure out why. Your young man's name was Dennis Bartman, 27, unmarried, no family in the New York area. Not much else I can tell you about him except that he was in the system because of an arrest for drunk and disorderly conduct about four years ago. He was held overnight and released. At the time he was a mail clerk at one of the large financial firms but since then he's been squeeky clean, so no update on his occupation or address."

Sid handed the file over and gestured for Danny to follow him to one of the tables, on which was laid the modestly covered body of what may have once been a handsome young man. "He came in dressed in a fairly nice suit, although it was badly soiled by the grease, of course. As I told Mac this morning, there are needle track marks on his arms, but the direction indicates that the drugs weren't self-administered. There are also faint ligature marks on his wrists and ankles, and I found trace of a sticky substance that I've sent on up for analysis. Again, on a bet I'd guess duct tape." Sid braced his hands against the side of the autopsy table, and looked across at the young investigator. "I also got the results back from the additional toxicology tests I ordered, and it's clear that all three victims were administered similar drugs, most likely from the same batches. And here's the kicker. One of the drugs was adenisone. Cause of death was a massive overdose, enhanced by the use of a drug that forces all the body's blood vessels to open wide, increasing blood flow and putting a massive strain on the heart. Poor kid never had a chance and was probably terrified when he died."

boom-moo

[126]Jun 12, 2009

Sid's blatant display of disgust at Danny's smell only made him wish hitting the shower faster. "Well, you can blame the boss for the obvious harm to your pituitary gland, he ordered me to come straightaway here and check in with you. And between you and me, if you think that I stink, just wait until you see Adam, although you'd smell him from miles ago prior to setting eye on him." Danny took a quick look at the label on the jug Sid gave him. "What's this stuff? You wouldn't want me to combust alive, would you?". White vinegar didn't sound that bad. He wondered if he could spray it on his car as well, the vehicle smelled like a dump. "Don't worry, I have no other thought in mind ever since I set foot in that scene. Locker room is my next step, Lucy my second. Lindsay my third, if she is still around. Hopefully they'll still love a funny smelling daddy and husband." He turned around totally forgetting what brought him to the ME facilities in the first place. He was thinking if wishing to check on her baby first made him a terrible husband. Luckily, Sid kept in focus and called after him.

Danny put the jug on the ground, crossed his arms over his chest and keeping a prudent distance, he listened to the ME's explanations on his case. Nodding at every new piece of information, he received the file that contained it all and following Sid, he stepped closer to the autopsy table. He addressed a look at the body, following Sid's progress along the corpse's marks in his arms, wrists and ankles. "Can you think of any specific reason why the vics were killed with the administration of Adenisone? I mean, sounds like a bizarre choice to be random. Is it cheap and easy to get, or gotta flash a medical degree? Maybe it was some kind of experiment that went wrong? Did all of them get different doses? Why especifically Adenisone?"

FoxPhile

[127]Jun 12, 2009
    • level: 8

Sid couldn't keep a smile from crossing his features as he heard Danny's order of priority, which clearly put his daughter in front of his wife. He certainly hoped that Lindsay would be understanding of the biological imperative that put one's progeny ahead of one's spouse. Danny would make a wonderful, if over-protective father, but likely a sometimes absent-minded husband. The doctor was reminded of his own years as a young father and husband. He considered launching into a funny anecdote about his daughter's first birthday but thought better of it as a nauseating wave reminded him that he wanted Danny out of his morgue A.S.A.P.

"Adenisone is certainly not a recreational drug. Its affects are very unpleasant and I doubt that the drug is available on the street. So it's virtually certain that the murderer will have some sort of connections to the medical community. It's used clinically to chemically jump start the heart in certain types of cardiac arrest, as well as to induce cardiac stress for patients who are physically unable to undergo a normal treadmill stress test. It isn't the Adenisone that killed these people. The drug is very fast acting, but its affects are also very short lived, on the order of no more than a few moments. I suspect the Adenisone was administered to speed the effects of the other drugs. It dilates the blood vessels and increases blood flow meaning that any drug administered in combination with Adenisone will travel throughout the body much faster than normal, greatly increasing the effects of the companion drug. It appears that the victims were subjected to repeated injections of the street drugs over some period of time. Unfortunately, I can't tell you if Adenisone was included with every administration, or if it was only included with the last one. Your suggestion of a bizarre experiment gone wrong certainly has merit, although this could also simply be a case of a twisted torturer with unusual pharmacological knowledge."

Sid straightened and pressed his knuckles into the small of his back, trying to ease the kinks out. His double had turned into a triple and he knew he was going to have to catch a nap before he got behind the wheel of his car to go home. He was dead tired.

"It makes me sick, frankly, to think a member of my own profession might have had a hand in this, but I don't see any other way that the killer could have gotten hold of such an unusual drug."

boom-moo

[128]Jun 12, 2009

Robin feared clock out time because she really wasn't good at saying 'no' to Elly's insistent pleads for her big sister to take her out as well. She managed to make it a bit easier reassuring her that she would return in the afternoon, but still it was hard for both. Some days Robin conceded, and they would go to a playground or simply take a nice walk in the lovely summer weather, but today wasn't one of those days. It was warm outside but as much as Robin loved spending time with her little sister, even more now that Michael was able to walk and Brady had been born (both stealing part of the time she was able to dedicate to Elly), Robin had to help with some chores around the house apart from catching up with the study program she had scheduled for herself. And not less importantly, she was very well aware that her mind wasn't up for anything that would require concentration today.

coolceruleanblu

[129]Jun 12, 2009
    • level: 26
    Stella smiled at Lindsay, "good. Atta girl. I have to go to the scene, because any second we wait longer is another second that evidence deteriorates. Not that there's a chance it's going to be there anyways..." she sighed. "I hate having to go to cold scenes." She gave Lindsay a brief hug, "let me know what you find out about your case, okay? And remember, if the ADA screws things up it's not your fault. Got it?"

As Stella turned the corner from Lindsay she heard a huge smash, and saw an angry Sheldon leave. She ran towards the staircase, apologizing to people she bumped into. "Sorry... anry man on the loose!" She booked it down the steps, high heels and all, she wondered why she even wore the things. They didn't make sense, they got stuck in grates all the time. "Sheldon!" She shouted. "Stop! What is wrong?"

But before he could say anything, her phone rang. "Cr** it's Sinclair. Why is he calling me?" She picked up her phone, "Hello? Yes, sir. I'm not sure why you couldn't reach him. Maybe he was in the morgue? We have a few extra ca... another scene? Okay... I'll be right on it. Right, I'll just inform the uniforms at the other... Got it. Thanks for letting me know, I'll be right on it." She shut off her phone and put it in her pocket. "Well we have another scene to go to. In Central Park. Sinclair couldn't get a hold of Mac so he got the next best thing, I guess. Not that Mac wouldn't have pawned it off on me, anyways. Dead politician. But before we go, what happened? Why did you leave in a huff? You can't throw tantrums like that...I mean the paperwork alone..." her voice trailed.

Lisaraph

[130]Jun 12, 2009
    • level: 14
    Sheldon turned and glowered at Stella as she caught him, but the glare quickly turned into a look of hurt and anguish. He opened his mouth to respond to her, but stopped when she got the call from Sinclair. Odd that he would call her instead of Mac. Inside he was fuming. The last thing he wanted right now was a high-profile case. Maybe Stella would just suspend him for the tantrum and he could go home and brood properly. But...no such luck. She insisted on taking him with her. Even worse, she wanted an answer. Setting his things down on the steps, he looked at Stella sadly, his gentle brown eyes welling up with tears again. "She...she dumped me Stella. Maggie, I mean. I...I saw her watching the TV with the shooting on it. And I, I confronted her about Marcus. That I saw him in the nursery when I stopped in to see the kids. She hadn't even told me he was coming back from Quebec." He paused, taking a long, shaky breath and putting a hand on Stella's arm for support. "She...she told me that we had grown so far apart over this past year that she didn't even know who I was anymore. And then...then she just walked away before I could even say anything to her, telling me that you and I had a scene in Central Park." I..I'm sorry about the break room. If you want to dock my pay to pay for the stuff I broke, I understand. I shouldn't have had the tantrum. But, I...dammit I LOVE her Stella. Why...why would she do this to me? Have I really changed that much?" He looked at his sister for comfort and understanding that he really wasn't the bad guy here. Was it just him, or did he seem to have the worst luck with women?

saleblanc

[131]Jun 12, 2009
    • level: 32
    Lindsay appreciated the reassurrance from Stella. She walked a few feet back into Sasha's office. "That offer for help still open?" She asked knowing the answer would be yes. Sasha grinned and immediately followed into step with Lindsay. "Let's pull the entire case file and double check everything."

boom-moo

[132]Jun 13, 2009

As she was about to take out her clocking card, Robin's wallet fell to the ground, the slip in picture pocket facing up. She ducked and picked it up, running her thumb over the picture of her parents, both smiling to the camera and keeping an 8 year-old Robin in between them. That's exactly how she felt, still protected by them, and that was exactly how she pictured them, smiling widely. She would never forget she witnessed the atrocious murder of her mother, but luckily her mind kept those memories in check in her past. She flipped over the slip in pocket and smiled at her present: a lovely group picture of the 6 members of the Taylor family. Mac holding Michael, Amber holding Brady and Elly seated on Robin's lap. Subconsciously, and repeating a gesture she had done a hundred times before, she shoved her index finger in the picture pocket and extracted a picture that was kept hidden in between both: Marcus and her at Stella's party, more or less a year ago. Despite shattering all her illusions into pieces, his dark shaggy hair, his hazel eyes and his nice build were like a magnet for her. After staring for some seconds at it, she shoved it back between her present and her past life, to that undetermined land where he belongs.

boom-moo

[134]Jun 13, 2009

Danny shook his head. It was worse than he had thought. Human capacity for evil, its reasons, causes, consequences and the boundaries of it were certainly beyond his comprehension. "Alright Sid, thanks for throwing some light, your help is always invaluable. Please keep me posted if something new comes up. Hopefully we'll get this sick bastard out of the street before a new victim is found. Oh, and please try and have some rest, you seem to need it as much as I need a shower." He waved the file with all the information provided by the ME as a goodbye and picking the vinegar jug from the ground he rushed out of the morgue. He turned several heads on his way to the locker room, but he didn't bother to provide with explanations. "I know, I know, I stink right?" He shoved his smelly clothes in the laundry bag he took out of his locker room and got the spare set of clothing he had learnt out of experience to keep. Vinegar jug and toilet bag in hand, he got in the shower and rubbed his body until it hurt. He didn't smell as nice as he would have desired but once he was wrapped in his towel he felt much better.

Numb3rsfan1

[135]Jun 13, 2009
    Melissa sat down next to Donna, still getting her head around meeting her real parents unexpectedly. "I didn't know that the both of you are going to come around", she said nervously. Donna looked at her wondering what she is trying to say. "I know it's a bit of a shock to you. But they are only coming here to visit me...." she looked at the Messer's. "Besides, we really need to catch up. It's been a very long time." Melissa was about to respond when her cellphone started to ring. She looked shocked. Donna saw this and asked her. "What's the matter Melissa?" Melissa ignored the call and looked at the three of them. "Nothing important. Possibly school stuff which I'm trying to avoid", she replied as she puts her phone back to her pocket. Then she remembered something, she left her favourite white leather jacket back at the lab. She forgot to pick it up the morning of her resignation. She stood up, grabbed her bag and walked to the door. "Where are you going?" Donna asked. Melissa turned around and looked at her. "I've forgotten something", she said as she closed the door behind her.

Ten minutes later, she arrived at the lab, feeling a bit awkward. It's been a long time since she entered the lab (this time, without security clearance). She lets the receptionist know that she won't be here too long and entered the locker room. She spotted her favourite white leather jacket on top of her 'unused' locker. Just as she puts it on, she heard a door open and bolted out the room before a member of staff notices her.

boom-moo

[136]Jun 14, 2009

Maybe it was just him but despite the vinegar trick he could still sense some funny smell on him so Danny decided against adding some perfume to the remains of it all and just sprayed some deodorant, proceeding to store everything back in his locker. He placed the laundry bag with the stinky clothes on top of it, not to leave the awful smell inside the locker for ages. If anyone would complain, he'll just put the blame on Adam. Giggling about the absurd of the idea, he grabbed the file that Sid had given him and addressed towards the elevators. When he was reaching them, he opted for the stairs and went down jumping two in two and as he passed along the elevators of the 33th floor, he run into Robin.

"Hey Robin, you leaving already?" Robin smiled at him. "Yeah, I'll be back later. But you don't have to worry, Lucy is a doll and Ruth has everything under control. Oh, and she counts on the help of Elly." Danny smiled at the mention of the girl. He missed spending time with princess Elly, and he had to find a way to make up for it to avoid her getting jealous of Lucy. "Most of the kids are peacefully sleeping." Robin added. "Plus I wouldn't miss the fun of diaper change time." Danny nodded. "I bet you wouldn't, I can tell how funny it can get." Both shared a giggle before carry on their opposite ways. "It was nice seeing you again, Danny. Have a nice day." Danny turned around and replied. "You too, see you later I guess. Take care." Robin pressed the elevator button and realized that Danny was well into his way of making her win the poll. "I will!."

Numb3rsfan1

[137]Jun 14, 2009
    Melissa was relieved after almost getting caught sneaking in the locker room by security. She was about to leave the lab when something stopped her from doing so. She wondered if she should tell Danny the truth about her. But at the same time, she knew that it will strike a family row between him and his parents - just like he did with his only brother, Louie. She was about to take another step when she somehow turned around, walked towards the staff room and starts to clear her head. "When will I ever going to tell him my secret - the BIGGEST secret that is affecting me at the moment?" she thought. She sighs heavily. "I wish that I could start helping Detective Taylor and the team out with the case", she said to herself. She covers her face with her hands, wondering what's next with her life.
    Edited on 06/14/2009 4:47pm
    Edited 2 total times.

saleblanc

[138]Jun 14, 2009
    • level: 32
    Sasha had the Mitchell case in layout with a nervous Lindsay pacing. Lindsay wanted to keep her hands in her pockets in case Sasha discovered a problem. Knowing how thorough Lindsay was, Sasha didn't expect to find anything out of order. After about 2 hours Lindsay finally had to ask. "Well?" Lindsay holding her breath. Sasha looked up at Lindsay. "I honestly don't know what that defense attorney's beef is. Not only is this case solid but there's more than enough for not only a conviction but an accompanying long term sentence." "Thanks." Lindsay letting out a sigh of relief at finally being able to silence the voice of doubt in her head that she missed something or worse, made a mistake. "No thanks necessary Lindsay, just stating the truth. Everything was done by the book and everything is in proper order. This case is as solid as Mac's loyalty to the military." Lindsay smiled. Sasha saw the relief in her friends face. "That defense attorney may have a problem with Narissa but he can't argue with the evidence. Call the ADA and tell him that the evidence has been reviewed and there is no question you've got the right man." Sasha added. Lindsay already picked up her phone. "I owe you Sasha." She continued to dial and wait for a response on the other end. "No you don't, you'd do the same for me." Sasha reassured her.

Numb3rsfan1

[139]Jun 15, 2009

Melissa has no idea why she's still in the lab. She knew her mother's going to start worrying about her if she doesn't hear from her. She sighs loudly as she took her cellphone and starts to text her mother. Ten minutes later, she finished texting and puts her cellphone away. She looked outside and saw Danny, sitting in his office. She really needed to take what's in her mind out in the open - someone whom she trust. "Here goes nothing", she said to herself as she made her way to his office and knocked on his office door.

Lisaraph

[140]Jun 16, 2009
    • level: 14
    Flack had indeed hollered at his spiked coffee, but he couldn't help but grin at Amber's getting even with him. It could have been worse, much worse. He looked at the paperwork involved with all those grease barrels and sighed. At least he didn't have to process them. Just as he was starting to dig in, Hanahan stuck his head out of his office. "Flack! There's been a politician shot at Central Park! Grab Angell and get over there as fast as you can! Grab LaBelle if you can find her also. I want my best detectives on this one! CSU is on the way as well. Get moving! Are you gone yet?" Flack cursed and leaped from his chair, calling Angell and LaBelle to meet him at the Park as he hurried to his car and went lights and sirens, cursing at the NYC traffic.

Marcus left the nursery with a heavy heart. He couldn't blame Robin for reacting that way, he really couldn't. He had kind of left her in the lurch. He had thought to grab his mother for lunch, stopping on the way to order flowers to be delivered to Robin at the nursery. "From an old friend: You will always be in my heart. I'm sorry for hurting you. Marcus." Just as he was leaving, he caught sight of the story of the shooting in Central Park and changed his mind about the lunch. Mom would be busy. So, he took himself back to the apartment he shared with his mother, and set about trying to find himself a job.