CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

CSI: NY RPG Season 4: Some Days You Just Can't Get Away With Murder

Lisaraph

[161]Jun 19, 2009
    • level: 14
    Flack chuckled as Angell took over the questioning of Laurent. He swore sometimes that Angell and Sasha must have a secret agreement that Jess was to keep Flack away from any pretty women. He rolled his eyes and moved on to the security guards that had been present. "Alright gentlemen. You know the drill. Why don't you take me through all of the Congressman's actions up to and including the moment he was shot. I want to know if any of saw or heard anything that perhaps didn't seem relevant at the time but may be now. As soon as CSU gets back to me with the weapon type, I'll be returning to all of you for more information." Pausing, he turned to one of the uniforms milling about. "Get me any and all cell phones that were present at the time. Someone in the crowd may have snapped a picture of our perp without realizing it." The uniform nodded and rounded up a few others to help him with his task. Flack turned back to the security detail, whipped out his notebook and flashed one of his trademark smiles. "Now then, gentlemen, who would like to start?"
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TheCloser4eva

[162]Jun 19, 2009
    • level: 17

Laurent sighed, she stuck around for a few minutes when she got a call through on her blackberry. "Hello"

"Wait Marie what do you mean the apartment was broken into" Laurent groaned" What did they take" If it hadn't been scientifically impossible she would have sworn her heart skipped a beat when the houskeeper said the family vault had been broken into and the jump drive with vital information had been stolen along with a million dollars worth of diamonds, jewels, and a vinatage Picasso." Okay I'm on my way"

"Det.Flack and Dr.Hawkes, I have a problem, my apartment was borken into and the family vault in the house was too millions of dollars of jewels along, with a pricelelss Picasso, and a jump drive with VERY valuble information, but it cannot get out it's missing, ecspecially the jump drive." Laurent told them frantically

Numb3rsfan1

[163]Jun 20, 2009
    • level: 28
    Fifteen minutes later, Melissa made it back to the lab. She entered the lab just as her cellphone started to ring. She looked at the caller ID and sighs heavily. "Melissa speaking.... mother, I'm trying to.... ok, give me two hours max..... ok, bye." She puts her cellphone down, made sure noone was looking and sneaked into Danny's office to get her bag. She was about to leave the lab when she overheard Detective Taylor being angry. She wrote a note and puts it under his door before heading home.

boom-moo

[164]Jun 21, 2009
    • level: 75

On a lucky coincidence of events, Mac was walking down the hallway as he picked up Danny's call. Danny hung up at his sigh and gathering the stuff he needed, he followed his boss to his office. Yet another telephone call made him wait a bit, Chief Sinclair no less. Danny learnt that there was one more scene to be worked on at the Park and he realized it was going to be a long week of long shifts, and he was once more thankful to have her daughter close. He also noticed a familiar smell that himself didn't totally left behind coming from Mac, but he knew it wasn't the kind of information Mac needed to be pointed out at right then so he kept his mouth shut. He paced around the office until Mac was done and got back to him on a way lighter note than the conversation he just held. "I'll take it in mind." Danny smiled back at Mac and he stepped closer to his desk, he wondered what kind of juggling tricks Mac and Amber should do having 4 kids and two busy jobs.

"Alright, seeing as neither of us have time to waste let's get back at this." Danny handed Mac over one of the files in his hand. "This is Sid's autopsy report on my vic. As far as I've read, it totally matches my primary observations on the scene. I'm still waiting on a couple of results, on the overalls I took and of course on Adam's word on the contents of the barrel, but so far so good. However... " Danny wasn't sure how to start. Mac seemed to find Melissa trustworthy, but to Danny she was all but reliable. "... I just received a visit from Melissa Simpson." Mac lifted his sight from the reports and raised an eyebrow. "She gave me this version of the events she witnessed that totally contradicts not only what you told me over the phone but also Sid's autopsy. Right now, I'm a total mess. Don't get me wrong Mac but I think that Simpson girl has some kind of... issue. Anyway, this is what she told me." Danny took a deep breath and gave Mac a detailed report of the inconsistencies between the versions both of them got from the girl. "And then, she showed me this." Danny took his cell phone out of his pocket and searched for the video Melissa had sent him. He hit play and handed it over to Mac. Then he awaited for his boss' judgement on the matter.

FoxPhile

[165]Jun 21, 2009
    • level: 8

Mac listened thoughtfully to Danny's review of his findings. As he began to speak of Melissa, Mac sensed more than heard a note of distrust in his voice. Not having much opportunity to interact with the girl, Mac's opinion of her stemmed largely from his assumption that any friend of Horatio Caine was more than likely ok. But Mac knew the old adage about people who assume.

"Danny. You know if it's a choice between believing a witness and believing the evidence, we believe the evidence. And it certainly doesn't seem as if there's any way that the Simpson girl's story can jive with what we know. I was at....less than full capacity the last time the lab had any dealings with the Simpsons." Mac grimaced at the memory of his long hospitalization and recovery. "What can you tell me about Melissa? Can you think of any reason why she would lie about this? Is there any possibility that she's involved in some way with these murders?"

FoxPhile

[166]Jun 21, 2009

Sid strode purposefully into Mac Taylor's office, oblivious to the presence of anyone other than his objective.

"Mac. The additional tox results have come back from the three Grease Barrel victims. By the way, did you know that's what the news is calling them now? Complete with capital letters. And the media have already decided that it must be a serial killer, not that I don't agree with them, especially now that these new results are, but it's amazing how they love to jump to conclusions."

"SID!" Mac brought his voice down with an effort. "Sid, you came here with additional results. I'm sure both Danny and I would like to hear them."

Sid looked up, suddenly noticing the other man in the room. "Oh, I'm sorry, was I interrupting something? I... well, I could come back, but I've been paging you for the last half hour, Danny, because you should probably hear this as well. I might as well just go ahead and let you know and then you and Mac can continue with whatever it was you were discussing."

As he flipped through the pages of the file he was holding, Sid noticed how similar Mac and Danny looked when they scowled. Must be something about the case that had them so exasperated. This was certainly a tough one. Ah, here it was.

"The additional tests I ordered prove conclusively that all three victims were administered an identical cocktail of drugs, all of which were manufactured by the same company. The distinctive chemical signatures of the drugs match. Now, while this does not prove irrefutably that the three were all killed by the same person, since those manufacturers would likely ship large quantities of these drugs to New York from the same batch, still it's an unlikely coincidence."

boom-moo

[167]Jun 21, 2009

"That's the only thought that puts me at ease Mac, that evidence always speaks louder. And I don't care about whatever stories she can make up or get involved into. I know there's always ways to prove them right or wrong. But I do care about how they always seem to be related to us and to cause us trouble." Danny rubbed his temple and put his thoughts in order before continuing. "I dunno why she would lie about this, I don't really think she does it on purpose. From what I can tell, she is eager to help but she always chooses the wrong way and ends up messing up further. Out of memory, she broke illegally in the lab, plugged her computer to NYPD databases, messed with official investigations and evidence, broke in at a crime scene and at a NYPD apartment, pulled two NYPD cops' legs with a hide and seek game... I could go on and on. If you ask me, she should be behind bars and why that is not the case is beyond me. I guess that Horatio Caine pulled some string but ultimately I don't care."

Danny paused and breathed deeply. He was letting his own feelings dictate his words. "On the other hand, and as the victim of a demented serial and a protected civilian she might have her judgement clouded. As I see it, she has an immense desire to become a CSI, but she is further from it than she thinks. She has a huge potential, she is smart and has a great observation capacity but she is restless, too impatient and even reckless. She gets out of the line in her impulsivity, she can't do team work and she has no respect for rules whatsoever. So far, that's what I can tell about her. If only she would balance out both her enthusiasm with some observance of the most basic procedures she could become a good investigator one day."

"Now, if you excuse my honesty, I'd like to add that I didn't like it a bit when she was part of the team and I hope she never becomes one of us. My gut tells me to keep her as far as possible and I was really distressed earlier when I saw her stepping into my life again. For some reason, I get negative vibes about her. Any possibility that she is involved with these murders, you ask me?" Danny shrugged. "Everything is possible." Lost in such thoughts, he looked out of the window conceding Mac some time to gather his. However, it was Sid who came to snap him out of them. "Sorry Sid, I saw you paged me but I had something important to attend which then brought me here. I was meaning to get back at you as soon as I could."

Danny listened to Sid's additional information and thought it was only the right time to ask about one of Melissa's statements. "We have a possible witness who says to have seen my victim having an argument with a man in his 40s some fifteen minutes before being killed and introduced in the grease barrel. They were discussing right at the alley where the vic was found. Do you think that's possible being under the effects of the administration of such cocktail of drugs?"

FoxPhile

[168]Jun 21, 2009

The noise that Sid made was a clear indication of his opinion of the witness' claim.

"Danny, if that poor man was having a conversation just before being dumped into that vat of grease, then I fully expect to see him hop off my autopsy table and walk up here to tell us what he was arguing about! With the amount of drugs he had in his system, he wouldn't have been able to utter a word. In fact, he was most likely unconscious and probably had been for at least an hour before he finally succumbed." Sid shook his head, "No, Danny. Your witness is most definitely mistaken.....or lying."

boom-moo

[169]Jun 21, 2009

Danny addressed a worried look to Mac, who was still holding his cell phone with the video that Melissa had sent him. "Well, according to what erm... the witness told me, two people were fighting in that alley and then someone ended up in a bag and finally in a barrel. I don't know why the witness can positively say that one of those two people is actually the one who ended up dead, since apparently the body was inside a bag. Any of the delivery men she saw could have been the one involved in the discussion. And ultimately, a heavy bulky bag doesn't necessarily mean that a dead body is kept hidden inside. Taking into account that my vic wasn't inside a bag, the witness' statement has more holes than a strainer."

Numb3rsfan1

[170]Jun 21, 2009
    "Is it just me, or am I having the most strangest day of my life?" she said to herself as she sat near the edge of the fountain. She couldn't believe that she'd lie to the most important person she never knew to love, Danny. She looked at the water, wondering why her mother's friends gave her up for adoption. "Was my whole life a lie all this time? Why would my real parents don't want to love me - treat me like their own daughter?" Tears started to fall as she sat there, gazing at the water. At the corner of her eye, she could see Detective Flack and another detective whom she never met. Sighing quietly, she strokes the water (so rough, her reflection were nothing but ripples) and left Central Park, towards the restaurant.

boom-moo

[171]Jun 21, 2009

Robin made a quick stop at the stationary shop to get colourful cards and a stick of glue and then headed straight home. She didn't have a detail anymore, which had brought her a sense of freedom but a sense of fear as well, so she paced fast, trying not to take the same route as the day before, always carefully avoiding a certain one through the Park. Under wind, snow, storm, pouring rain, hail... all winter through she had always chosen a longer route. And even thought it was hot, insanely hot, she stubbornly chosen a different way. She had never been to the field where Marcus kissed her for the first and the last time, and even though she had noticed that avoiding it only made it more present, she still couldn't find the courage to set foot on it again.

Numb3rsfan1

[172]Jun 21, 2009
    Donna pressed the end button on the phone before putting it down to recharged. She looked at both Elena and Alessandro, feeling a bit guilty. "I'm guessing she's not taking the news too well", she said as she sat down. She sighed quietly. "Are you going to tell your son about Melissa anytime soon?" she said. "Because she's starting to feel uncomfortable of knowing who her brother was." Alessandro and Elena both shooked their heads. Which makes Donna even more worried. "Hopefully she doesn't cross the line at some point", she thought as she sipped her cup of coffee.

boom-moo

[173]Jun 22, 2009
    WolfgalX gave up on writing Adam, so he is up for grabbs. I guess we can all do him if no one volunteers to write it.

TheCloser4eva

[174]Jun 22, 2009
    I'll take Adam... what's his back story these past few seasons

boom-moo

[175]Jun 22, 2009
    TheCloser4eva wrote:
    I'll take Adam... what's his back story these past few seasons
    Yay, thank you, that's cool! I hope Lisa agrees with this.

Adam has practically no background, which makes him a nice character to write for. Last RPG he started dating Sam Smith, a fellow lab tech. He orchestrated a dinner in a yatch, and they made it official at a party held at Stella's house.

As for the current RPG, he has been working the latest scene dealing with the grease barrels, and he is supposed to be straining the contents of the barrel. Sam has called him several times but he hasn't replied to any of her calls.

Sam is a character that can be used by anyone so feel free to write your lines for her if needed.

TheCloser4eva

[176]Jun 22, 2009
    Thanks , I'll post as soon as Lisa post her part

Lisaraph

[177]Jun 22, 2009
    • level: 14

That's fine with me, BM! At least she told us she was giving up. I commend her for that.

Sheldon had been looking with dismay at all the footprints in the area. Stella had set him to trying to isolate the sets of footprints so they could match them to individuals later. It meant a lot of camera work and even a few castings. Stella was busy searching the podium looking for shell casings or anything else that could help them solve this quickly. These prints were going to mean many hours in the lab, sorting and cataloging. He heard that woman he had saved call his name and Flack's name and mention something about a break-in, and a flash drive going missing. Hadn't he been there, done that? They still hadn't found the damn thing, either. Looking up, he grunted something incoherent and straightened up, stretching a kink out of his back. Walking over to where she sat arguing with the paramedic. "Look, Miss. I understand you had a break-in, and you need somebody to investigate, but we're running a little short on manpower at the moment, and you can't go around pulling me off of my cases. Now, I'm sure Dets. Angell and Flack are perfectly capable of sending somebody to your house to investigate, and we will get a CSI over there just as soon as we possibly can, but I'm afraid that property crimes must take a backseat to homicide.." He rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand. Boy, was he ever tired. That confrontation with Maggie had taken more out of him than he thought. And speak of the devil, there she was, working the scene with Flack and Angell. Wonderful. Smiling at the young woman. "Tell you what, you go with the paramedics and get yourself checked out, and then we'll see about getting somebody over to your address to process the scene. Don't let anybody touch it, alright?" He stretched and yawned and turned back to survey the scene once again, trying to figure out where he had left off with the mess of footprints.

saleblanc

[178]Jun 22, 2009
    • level: 32
    Sasha and Lindsay finished up their report and Lindsay made a call to the ADA to inform him of their findings. Sasha emailed him a copy of the report and he told them he would keep them in the loop as to the outcome of the hearing. Lindsay hung up and Sasha looked at her "What's the matter?" Lindsay looked at her. "I just don't have a good feeling about this one." Sasha sighed. "Lindsay you've done everything you humanly can and it's up to the DA's office now." Lindsay nodded. "I know. But something tells me this isn't going to be the end of it." Sasha knew there was a strong possibility that she was right. "Linds, we'll tackle that if and when it happens." Lindsay cocked her head and asked. "We?" Sasha smiled and reassured. "We." Lindsay smiled. "Thanks." She turned and headed back to her office hoping to catch Danny.

TheCloser4eva

[179]Jun 22, 2009

Laurent couldn't believe the audacity of this detective, she hated it when people, treated her like another pampered princess who had everythinh handed to her, with not only did she have law degree she also had a nursing degree, and had seen the worst of the worst when it came to the United States and Africa. Laurent bit her tounge to keep herself from loosing her already short temper with the doctor/detective.

"Det Hawkes, I don't think you understand me. Screw the diamonds and the painting, but that flash drive has more top secret and critical on than the godd**n CIA" Laurent ranted, seeing the look in the detectives eyes she knew she was out of line and with this shooting and udoubtedly other crimes they were probaly stretched pretty thin" I'm sorry I've had a long day and it's only 12:30am, but that drive means everything to my family, it contains information that could possibly embarass alot of important people, including Chief Sinclair, I just don't want too see you get fired, after all you've done for me today. Just please make sure you find it?

Adam looked into the barrels and almost threw up. His phone vibrated again and it was Sam again, he decided to answer

"What's up Sam"

"Adam, I need to see you now" Sam cried

"What is it" Adam asked frantically

"Please just meet at 740 Park Avenue" and with that she hung up the phone

Maggi sighed as she processed the seen. She saw Sheldon talking to the Reigns woman, she watched him smile and say something. 'Was he just flirting with her? That selfish b*****d' Had they not just broken up an hour ago. She sighed and resumed processing while choking back a fresh batch of tears.

coolceruleanblu

[180]Jun 23, 2009
    • level: 26
    sorry guys dealing with work drama

Stella sighed as she examined the ground for any signs of casings or anything. She saw a glint in the grass and headed over. Luckily, for all these events, the grass is kept neatly mowed, so as to prevent onlookers from getting tick bites. The last thing the city needs was people suing over bug bites. After all, the city had to change the rules on sidewalk cleaning after thousands sued the city each year when the walks were covered with snow.

She used the tweezer to place the casing gently in a baggie, as she subsequently tagged it. "Shot twice...through and through... so second casing has to be around somewhere. And if only we could find the bullets. We'll wait to see if he was shot on the ground or not, but I feel he was standing when shot...." she mused quietly but still out loud.