CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

CSI: NY RPG Season Five: Trysts and Turns

Lisaraph

[101]Aug 4, 2010
    • level: 14
    Hawkes grinned at her. "'Atta girl." He stood up and left the bedroom, shutting the door behind him and making sure that Lindsay's phone was securely in his possession as he resumed his search for the fake Reynold's identity.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FoxPhile

[102]Aug 5, 2010
    • level: 8

Mac swore and nearly threw his new cellphone out the truck window. He was still trying to get used to it, and had accidentally sent Sasha's call to voice mail when he was trying to answer it. And it didn't help that his temper seemed to flare at the least provocation lately. He was only a few blocks from the fake Reynolds' office, but he decided to pull the truck into an alley so he could quickly check his voice mail and call Sasha back without endangering the lives of other motorists.

After listening to the message, Mac quickly dialed Sasha's number and pulled back out into traffic. "Sash, it's Mac. I'm about 4 blocks away but traffic is heavy. Do you have backup with you?" Mac waited for Sasha's answer. "Ok then - go ahead in, but BE CAREFUL. I don't need an angry Flack on my hands. I'll join you in about 10."

As he hung up the phone, Mac flipped the switch to turn his siren on. In the crowded New York streets, it often didn't help much, but at this point, he'd take any help he could get.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sid caught up to Flack and Stella just as a man, who he assumed to be the building super, opened the door to Reynolds' apartment.

"Sorry if I'm late for the party folks, I'm not used to such...ahem...ENERGETIC driving."

As the door opened, Sid caught Flack's hand signal, indicating he should remain in the hall. But Sid was in little doubt that he would be called in momentarily. There were some odors you didn't need a medical degree to identify.

Numb3rsfan1

[103]Aug 5, 2010
    • level: 28

When Melissa arrived at Dr Chamber's office, she started to feel a bit paranoid. Dr Chambers picked it up and assured her that everything's going to be fine. They sat down while he took out a pen and pad. "So Melissa, can you tell me what happened on that night." Melissa hesitated a bit, but she knew that it's the only way to combat her depression. "Take all the time you need", he added. She took a deep breath and started to talk about it. "I was in some kind of dock station where they were hidden. Patrick.... Patrick spotted Mark and I when we tried to escape...." She paused. "Then he.... shot him. Then it all happened so fast. Both NYPD and the FBI stormed in and.... and...." She paused again. "One minute I begged him not to shoot, and then the next minute.... he shot himself." She looked up. "I have to live with that for the rest of my life." Dr Chambers puts down his pen and pad and comforted her. "Melissa, you're a strong girl and I thank you for talking to me about it. This takes time for you to finally move on from this so you need to see me at least three times a week." Melissa knew that she can't avoid this problem unless she gets counselling. "Thank you Dr Chambers. I knew that you will be there for me". All that Dr Chambers could do is smile. Then he remembered something. "One more thing." Melissa stopped short of the elevator and turned around. "You should rethink about letting your brother know. You need more support and I'm recommending that you should talk to your family about this. Especially your brother." Melissa nodded just as the doors opened.

Edited on 08/11/2010 2:34pm

saleblanc

[104]Aug 6, 2010
    • level: 32
    Sasha listened to Mac. "You got it...If I come across anything interesting good I'll call you." Sasha hung up. The uniform that was with her returned from talking to the building manager. "Well, the building manager ID this one." Sasha looked as he pointed to the man they knew as Reynolds. "That tells me we're in the right place at least. We're gonna get the building manager to open the office, you are with me. Once the office is clear, no one goes in or out." Sasha grabbed her kit and then headed inside.

Lisaraph

[105]Aug 9, 2010

Flack grimaced as the smell of decomp assailed his nostrils as the super opened the door. The man himself turned green and sprinted back to his apartment as quickly as he could go. Flack rolled his eyes and helped Stella clear the apartment, which didn't take long. Stepping back out into the hallway both to clear his sinuses and to beckon Sid closer. "Looks like your services are gonna be needed after all, Sid. "He grinned at the ME and went to do a little casing of the neighbors. As long as he had done this job, he never got used to the stench of advanced decomposition. He paused a few minutes to update Mac and Sasha on their find. "Stel and Sid are in the place now. I'm gonna ask around and see what the neighbors know."

saleblanc

[106]Aug 10, 2010

Sasha and the uniform cleared the office. She looked around then commented. "Looks like this is were he 'worked' and 'slept'." She found evidence of a makeshift desk with files that looked impressive, but if someone had taken a closer look it was actually not much more that printed out legal forms and other items you can find off the internet. The uniform pointed out a small closet. "You're right. Clothes and there's a small fridge with food in it." Sasha looked at the book shelf. "Does that bookshelf look weird to you?" The uniform walked closer. "Yeah. Its split in the middle and opens outward." He looked at Sasha. "Open it" She ordered and with that he did and he uttered only one word. "Wow." Sasha did better. "Son of a b!tch." She walked closer. The walls of the back of the bookshelf and well as the hidden ones were covered with information and pictures of Lindsay. "Can you say stalker?" The uniform asked." Sasha shook her head. "You have no idea." Sasha picked up the phone and called Mac. "This goes back farther than the Mitchell case." She pointed two specific pictures. The uniform looked closer. "Oh my God." One picture was of Lindsay and Danny from their wedding with Danny's face marked out and another of a pregnant Lindsay outside the lab. "Mac its Sasha. You need to get here now, there's something you need to see."

boom-moo

[107]Aug 11, 2010
    • level: 75

Not being for body hair, prints and some minor residues, Danny hadn't been able to lift much evidence from Mitchell's cell that could lead to a break in the case but still he left it with the satisfaction of a job thoroughly done. Then he went back to the prison warden's office to thank him once more for his kind cooperation and his diligence to be of help.

He was handed over a file containing all the documents Danny had requested and he took his time to go over them and make sure that clear photo copies of Reynolds' visitation logs had been included, both the signature version and the computer list. Sasha's call had left him uneasy: he didn't like how the case seemed to be growing bigger by the minute like a snowball going down slope. "I think this should do for now but I might need footage from the visiting area as well, so if there's any form or application I should sign before leaving I'd like to do it now." Once all formalities had been taken care off, Danny shook the warden's hand and left his office, being lead to his next stop by the same chit-chatty correction officer that had watched him work in the cell.

Danny found the warrant he needed clipped to the interior lid of the file; it had been signed by the warden himself and it granted the detective access to the Education Facility where certain inmates were provided with continuing education opportunities. Danny really couldn't care less about Mitchell's social rehabilitation plans (he was a firm believer some people were better off locked away for life) but he wanted to make sure there was no loophole behind the prison's online reintegration programs.

Using the password he was given, which was the one under which Mitchell worked, he entered the platform and studied the computer accesses and restrictions. He hoped Adam was there to give him a hand; he was way more skilful when it came to stuff like that. After a while, Danny printed several pages with logs and some other information and put them together with the rest in the file that the warden had given him. It was a neat pile of documents, logs, records and papers, enough to keep him busy for a while. Glad to be able to finally make his way out of Rikers, he took a deep breath as he stepped out and jumped in his car heading for the lab.

Numb3rsfan1

[108]Aug 11, 2010

Stepping out of the elevator, Melissa was glad to be in a safe environment. She picked up some empty boxes from the reception area and walked into the locker room. Opening her locker, she started to pack herself - pausing every time to pick up the items. She was about to close her locker when she saw her badge - the badge her brother gave her three months ago. She placed it on top of the box, close the locker and made her way to the break room. Putting her headphones on, she stares at the badge polishing it. At the same time, she wished that Ryan was here to support her through this difficult time. He was the only one whom she trusted. She leaned back, wondering what to say to her brother without worrying him too much.

Edited on 08/11/2010 3:34pm

boom-moo

[109]Aug 11, 2010

As soon as he left Queens and entered Manhattan, Danny got stuck in brunch time traffic. Sasha had told him that Lindsay was home resting and Danny was certain that Hawkes was making sure that she remained safe and sound so despite his initial impulse to check in with her, he dialled Mac's number instead. He needed 4 rings to get his boss at the other end of the line. "Mac, I'm outta Rikers already and on my way to the lab. I have gathered a nice bunch of papers to go through. How are things? Do you need me to do anything besides comparing the visitation log signatures?"

saleblanc

[110]Aug 11, 2010
    It took Lindsay a bit to find a comfortable spot and the right playlist, but finally she fell into an exhausted slumber. She just hoped she was able to stay that way for a bit and prayer her subconscious wouldn't take over and busy her thoughts.

boom-moo

[111]Aug 11, 2010

"Simply delicious, as always.". Robin couldn't help but giggle at Mrs. Hammerback's expectant face as she took the first bite of the mulberry pie. The woman absolutely mastered it, and any other baking form for that matter, but she still waited anxiously on her remarks. "I've tried to make it a couple of times with Elly. It turned out edible, but nothing like yours. I'll keep on trying though." Lillian poured some coffee for both and sat at the kitchen table just across from Robin. "Luckily it wasn't my cooking skills what attracted Marcus to me, but if I win him further by baking a good pie it'll be a good plus." She winked an eye to Mrs. Hammerback and took a mouthful of the pie. It really was the best she'd ever had.

FoxPhile

[112]Aug 11, 2010
    • level: 8

The tires on the truck squealed as Mac pulled up to the building, jumping the curb and narrowly avoiding Murder One of a parking meter. He jumped out the door and ran to the back to grab his kit before running in the door. Pulling his cell phone out, he was about to dial when it rang. He punched a key and held the phone to his ear. "Ok, Sash, I just got in the door. What floor do I need?" Mac punched the elevator call button and waited, one foot tapping impatiently. "Ok, I'll be right there."

No sooner had he hung up than the phone rang again. "Danny! Great! See if you can contact Adam on his cell. I tried but he didn't answer and his voicemail didn't pick up. If you can't reach him, swing by the Waldorf, find him, and get him back in the lab. I want him working with both you and Hawkes on this case. I'm about to join Sasha at the fake Reynolds' office. It sounds like she's found something big. I'll let you know if there's anything else as soon as I see what she's got."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sid made his way into the room to find what could only be described as a body puddle sprawled on the floor. At some point, what had been bloated remains had split open from the pressure of decomposition gases, rendering what remained barely identifiable as human.

"I don't think I need to tell you that time of death is most likely several days if not weeks ago." Sid knelt next to the corpse to get a closer look, carefully breathing through his mouth to avoid the worst of the stench. "You shouldn't be jumping to conclusions, however. At this point, the best I can tell you is that this was a male, probably between 35 and 45. Although there may be some general similarities to our missing attorney, we can't possibly make a visual identification." Sid gingerly opened the pockets of the goo-soaked trousers that clung to what was left of the body. "No wallet or other obvious form of id, so we'll have to scoop this up, get it back to the morgue and hope we can get something from DNA or dental records."

The ME stood and walked back out into the hallway. He was used to the smell, of course, but even he needed a bit of fresh air after being so close to such an advanced case. He pulled out his cell to call an assistant to bring the special equipment they would need for transport, reminding the young woman to bring the heavy duty deodorizer. Stella would need to stick around for awhile to collect all the evidence; he was sure she would prefer the intense pine smell of the deodorizer over Eau de Decomp.

Lisaraph

[113]Aug 11, 2010
    Hawkes had discovered that the inconsistencies started 3 months ago. Comparing the photos of the real vs. the fake Reynolds, there was a bit of a resemblance, but not that much, so he was kind of surprised the man had pulled it off as long as he had. But then again, always going in front of the same judge can make that easier. Picking up his phone, he tried Adam. No luck. Maybe Danny was back at the lab. "Hey, Danny. You back at the lab yet? I have some interesting things I want to send you about the two Reynolds." He quickly filled the man in on what he had found so far. "And don't worry, Linds is fine. She's sleeping. We had a bit of a scare because Reynolds texted her asking if he was keeping her awake, so he's obviously somewhere nearby. If I download the message to you, can you track the number it came from? I'm sure it's a burn phone, but we have to start somewhere."

saleblanc

[114]Aug 11, 2010
    Sasha hung up. "Boss is here. I want no one and I mean no to have access to this office unless its approved by me or Mac Taylor, understood." The uniform smartly sensing this was big, nodded. "I'll speak to the manager some more and then canvas the other offices to see if they know the tenant." He turned and left. Sasha simply stood in front of the bookcase and surveyed the room looking for any other possible hiding spots. She felt his shadow in the doorway. "Mac, I've been at this a long time but this guy scares me." She moved out of the way to show him what she discovered. "He's been at this a long time. A long time"

Reynolds finally decided to take a break from his favorite subject and took a walk. He didn't go far but at least needed to change positions so not to bring attention to himself. He needed to think. Things were unraveling sooner than he expected. He assumed that they were looking into his connection with Mitchell, not realizing that he honestly had no interest in this guilt or innocence. Just that Lindsay was working his case. He used the information available to him in order to work his way into his favorite detectives cases. Now, things were going to have to proceed a little faster than he planned. Yes, he definitely had some things to do.

boom-moo

[115]Aug 12, 2010

"You got it, boss." Danny hung up and wondered how 'big' it was whatever Sasha had found at the fake Reynolds' office. It didn't sound any good but at least they were into something and hopefully it would lead to banishing that stupid man's face from their minds forever. Then he dialled Adam's number hoping he could pick him up in his way to the lab but he was directed to his voicemail. "Adam, we need you at the lab. Mac asked me to get you there and I'm stuck in traffic so you'd rather call me back in ten." Danny took a little detour so he would be able to stop by the Waldorf on his way and it proved to be a good idea since Park Avenue looked a bit less congested. "C'mon Adam, where the hell are you? Ah, finally!" But Danny heard Hawkes' familiar voice at the other end of the line instead of Adam's.

"I'm on my way to the lab, Doc. Traffic is murder and I'm trying to see if I can pick Adam. What's up? How's Lindsay? (…) What? The nerve of that bastard! (...) I know buddy, thank you. Please don't let her do anything reckless. And sure, send me what you've got. Adam and I will start working on it as soon as we hit the lab." Danny turned from frustrated and worried to furious after learning that Reynolds, fake or legit, was reaching creepier levels at stalking Lindsay. He blew his horn and switched lanes as if he was on a chase until he made it to the Waldorf. Once there he rang Adam's phone again, decided to leave in 5 if the lab tech didn't call him back.

Edited on 08/12/2010 2:40am

Numb3rsfan1

[116]Aug 12, 2010
    Adam examined the Waldorf as the hotel manager looked on. "Are you done yet?" the hotel manager asked. "I need this place to stay open." Adam looked over his shoulder. "I'm doing my best here." He continued to examine the scene when his cellphone vibrated. He let voicemail pick it up as he continue to examine the scene. Half an hour later, he was finishing up. He check the message and was surprised that the call is from Danny. He told the manager he needs the area to be off limits as he called Danny back. "Hey Danny, sorry for not answering the phone. What's up?"

boom-moo

[117]Aug 12, 2010

Danny tried to calm down as he waited on Adam. Driving like a mad man wouldn't help the case in the slightest and he was gonna need all his focus to go through the documents he was about to work on not to delay the team effort: everyone was working hard for Lindsay's safety sake and he couldn't let them down. Quite on the contrary, he had much to be thankful for. Lost in though, he ended up waiting on Adam for longer than expected. "Alright Adam, if you aren't coming out I'll go fetch you." As he was getting out of his car, his cell phone went off. "Adam, I'm right out of the Waldorf. I need you to secure the scene and meet me asap, Mac's orders. Move it!"

Danny updated Adam on their way to the lab so by the time they stepped out the elevator they were already on the same note. Once in the layout room, he spread the contents of the Rikers file on the table. "Here's what I need you to do: these are photo copies of the visitation logs for every day that Reynolds visited any prisoner at Rikers as far back as they had them. Please examine them closely: at some point the fake Reynolds started impersonating the real one. We need to find out when was the last time the real Reynolds signed in." Adam nodded as he sat down to the task. "I'm off to track the number from which the fake Reynolds texted Lindsay. Let me know what you find."

Lisaraph

[118]Aug 13, 2010

Elly had grown up a lot in the last few months. At the team's insistence, Mac and Amber had gotten her some therapy, and it seemed to be helping. In fact, Elly had taken to being quite helpful around the daycare, when she wasn't in the special school they had found for her. The teachers there were experienced in working with children like her, and she was blossoming, much to the delight of everybody. She still had her issues, but she was becoming a more "normal" little girl with every passing day. She was even making a few more friends, and Amber and Mac had set up a few "play dates" for her, after making sure that she knew how to behave properly around other children.

Adonis moved his little arms, fascinated by the mobile moving above his crib. He could hear Athena fussing in her crib, and one of the grownups was tending to her. He didn't understand why she was so fussy, he thought the toy above his crib was just perfect. He wondered when his daddy was going to come and pick him up and take him home, but he didn't have long to wonder about this, for sleep quickly stole in on him and soon he was fast asleep in his crib, hugging his favorite bear close to him.

Athena was fussy. Her tummy hurt and she didn't like all the noise and activity going on in the nursery. And she was wet. She hated being wet. But screaming always brought a grownup to tend to her. And it did this time as well. She was soon changed, fed, her tummy soothed and back in her crib where sleep quickly overcame her as she watched the colorful mobile spin around above her head.

Numb3rsfan1

[119]Aug 15, 2010

After securing the scene, he was picked up and was updated at what Danny have found at his scene. Once he was updated with the developments, he was satisfied with what Danny have found. As they both entered the lab, he managed to catch a little glimpse of a girl sitting in the break room. By the time he entered the layout room, the stranger was quickly forgotten. Listening to Danny's instruction's, he nodded and got stuck into it.
    Melissa was making coffee when he heard two familiar voices walking passed the breakroom. She turned to see not only Adam, but Danny as well. She couldn't believe they didn't see her in the breakroom. Sighing, she poured a cup of coffee and makes sure her badge is in her pocket. She found Danny in the tracking room. With his back turned at the door, she entered the room and closed the door behind her. "Brought you some coffee sir", she said. She placed it next to him and was about to leave when she stopped. Turning around slowly, she made eye contact with her brother for the first time in three months. "Sorry I scared you. I just wanted to talk to you.... That is if you're available", she said awkwardly.

Edited on 08/16/2010 3:59pm

boom-moo

[120]Aug 15, 2010

Danny was becoming more frustrated by the minute. He wasn't getting anything but dead ends in his attempts to track the fake Reynolds' number. Fake he could be, stupid he wasn't. However, he kept getting more and more reckless and his imprudence will sooner or later prompt a mistake. Danny just prayed that a risk towards his wife's integrity wouldn't come along with the stalker's bravado. He pinched the bridge of his nose as he waited on the software to hopefully beep with a match. Interminable lists of telephone numbers were running in front of his eyes and he was getting a headache. He needed to dig something with a coffee soon.

As if she would have magically read his thoughts, Melissa appeared out of nowhere and placed a coffee cup on the table next to him. Lost in thought as he was, he hadn't heard her coming in but even though she was one of people he would have expected to see the least Danny immediately recognized the voice. When he turned towards her, she was already leaving the room. "Wait! She turned around slowly and they made eye contact. It felt awkward, it had been a long time since they last spoke to each other and despite her feelings towards her sister were still an incredible mess and the events that made Melissa leave had been buried in some kind of a blur, Danny was certain that he was happy to see her. "Thanks for the coffee, and please don't call me Sir. Ever."

He winked an eye to her and stood up to bring one of the empty chairs closer. Pointing towards it, he invited Melissa to stay as the thought of the first tease he ever made to Lindsay was still echoing in his mind together with that 'Sir'. "So… how was London?" he asked feeling a bit stupid. It was his sister he had in front and yet that was the best he could come up with.