CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

CSI:NY Submission Guidelines

laurameyer

[1]Apr 11, 2007
    • level: 58

Welcome to CSI:NY Forum

My goal for you is to have fun posting at and having good discussions about the characters and episodes the as well.

Copyright Material

Please do not post synopsis from other web sites. Please make a synopsis in your own words. This will make me much happier and not have to reject your submission.

Please be aware that posting promotional stills and links to copyrighted material such as Youtube is considered a violation of the terms of service.

Different Submissions

Notes should deal that with the production of the show. Music in the show is a note. Something that is note would be an airdate changing.

Please don't put as a submission The CSI: NY episode Heroes is the same title as the TV series.

Trivia

Trivia should be something that is unknown about a character, or a goof.

Quotes

TV.com likes quotes this way

Stella: Hi Mac

Allusions:

Allusions can be a song, episode title or a play. Please include as much detail as possible.

Adding a new episode for a current season or a NEW season

New episode guidlines

http://www.tv.com/tv.com-general-user-support/tv.com-guidelines-center/topic/15904-399179/msgs.html#Episode%20Submission%20Criteria

When you make a submission please put something in comment box so I will know what to do with it. If you adding a new episode please include a source that shows where you got the title and possible airdate.

If you find episodes for the new season please wait to add it until the network says when the season will start.

If you wish to post Fan fiction please put a link to it in our fan fiction thread.

Games

As the editor I can only allow four games in the forum. If there are more than four games one will be moved to the Fun and Games forum.

Tv,Movies, plays and titles

Please format TV, Movies,Plays and titles in Italis as per the guidelines for Tv, movies,plays and titles. I will reject submissons that are not in the right format.

Links

Staff Guidelines on links!

Edited on 04/10/2009 3:02pm
    Edited 5 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

laurameyer

[2]Apr 23, 2008

http://www.tv.com/tv.com-general-user-support/tv.com-help-center/topic/15904-895999/msgs.html#Disruptive%20Posting

Here is a link to the Disruptive posting Rule. Look urder member conduct. If you would like to start a new thread because this rule send a pm and I will lock it. Added 4/23/08.

Edited on 04/23/2008 9:31am

laurameyer

[3]Feb 18, 2009

Mass submission guidelines

http://www.tv.com/ask-the-editors/tv.com-person-submission-guidelines/topic/75161-336389/msgs.html#Mass%20Submissions

laurameyer

[4]May 17, 2009

Please don't open a spoiler thread until June/ July this so thread will not be off topic and things hard for our editor. Theard should only be opened about when the writers return to write CSI. If a thread is opened early the editor will pm the poster and be asked if the thread can be removed so we can use the same thread title. If the editor doesn't get a reply from poster thread will be removed. When the new thread posted the reson for the removal of old one will be posted in the one.

The editor gave the ok for the guidelines to be posted via pm.

boom-moo

[5]May 17, 2009
    • level: 75
    laurameyer wrote:
    The editor gave the ok for the guidelines to be posted via pm.
    I confirm that Thanks Laura.

Linc-o

[6]Mar 13, 2010
    • level: 13
    Hi,

I'm posting this here because it looks like the best place to ask this important question.

A few days ago, I submitted a contribution for season 6, episode 6, "It happened to me"; I added to the "Notes" section the original air date for Latin America.
    The submission was successfully accepted, although with the message I got this Moderator comment: "Please, in your future submissions please provide with a link so I can confirm the information without Googling. Thank you "
    (I don't know who's the moderator, as he/she shows up as "tv.com" and there was no reply button on the message).

This is the first time I contribute to CSI: NY, although I often contribute to several other shows with the same piece of information, the original air date for Latin America. And I've never been asked for such link, so I'm kind of lost here, and I'll tell you why:

I live in a Latin American country and I watch the shows on their original air date for this region (the same network -AXN- broadcasts the show for the whole Latin America), and after I watch the new episode of a show, I come here and contribute; so, in this case, what would be the "link" or the source I should provide? I'm not taking the information from somewhere else on the Internet; as I said, I'm actually watching every new episode on its original air date for this part of the world.

I'll appreciate any help, as I want to keep contributing and I don't want to break any rule.

Thank you very much.

boom-moo

[7]Mar 14, 2010
    Hello Linc-o, thank you for your kind enquiry. I am the editor of the CSI:NY guide and the one who moderates all submissions. I get loads of them every day and I try to keep my guides accurate. As per tv.com submission guidelines http://www.tv.com/tv.com-user-submission-support/submission-tips---column-2---sourcing-your-material/topic/79302-656448/msgs.html?tag=content;main sourcing your submissions is the fastest way to get your submission moderated since it helps me tremendously make sure that submissions don't fall under copyrighting issues.

I understand you add airdates as you watch the shows, but I don't live in Latin America so I can't blindly trust every contribution I get without checking them out. An airdate is not big deal, but still I like to have them right. So I recommend you go into your local station website and provide a link with its schedule for the day the episode aired. It not only saves me some time, but grants you that the submission will be accepted because if I don't go trough it immediately as I search online for a source, the mods might take over me moderating your sub and they'll reject it without a second thought if it is not properly sourced (they can't obviosly Google for every single submission they have to go trough every day, and they go through tons since there are lots of shows and actors and so that don't have an editor or that have a missing editor).

Hope the explanation helped, if you have further doubt you can post here or pm me. My pm is always open for discussion

Linc-o

[8]Mar 15, 2010
    • level: 13
    Thank you very much for your explanation. Now I understand. Anything else, I'll let you know through PM.

boom-moo

[9]Mar 15, 2010
    You are welcome