CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Dead Reckoning (possible Spoilers) episode 604

laurameyer

[1]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 58
    This will be great!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[2]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 75
    Thank you, Laura Sounds intriguing indeed!

dylan-luver

[3]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 10
    chief sinclair is in this one im really interested how he will be inputted in the story maybe we'll get to see some Mac and Stella scenes and more scenes with Haylen and Adam... am i the only one on here who loves Haylen?? especially with Adam

tonyandzivafan

[4]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 41
    The only one I know so far that likes her, but there could be others.

I cant wait to see who the lady is protecting. And I know this wont likely happen b/c I dont have anything to bribe TPTB with but I want new girl to be the killer. *cackels*

Cant wait!

jordinajamaica

[5]Oct 14, 2009
    • level: 42
    Just 24hours more for me!! YAY!!

mariannanic

[6]Oct 14, 2009
    • level: 9
    dylan-luver wrote:
    chief sinclair is in this one im really interested how he will be inputted in the story maybe we'll get to see some Mac and Stella scenes and more scenes with Haylen and Adam... am i the only one on here who loves Haylen?? especially with Adam

No you are not the only one, i kinda like her too, especially in the scenes with Adam. She drives him crazy

DL-Flack

[7]Oct 15, 2009
    • level: 27

Looks like I'm the first one to comment this

It was a great episode. One quick word about the case: It seems that John Dove watches german news. Actually we had almost the same case here, some time ago. A cop was killed in southern Germany and then they said they found the DNA of a mystery woman at several crime scenes, not only with the cop killing but in totally different corners of Germany and even in other countrys I think. There was a huge media noise about it and after several month it came out that the swabs were contaminated too and the DNA belongs to an amployee of that firm. They still haven't found those cop killers I think ...

Now the Lindsay fan is talking, so beware of me:

I loved Linds in every scene she had. I liked her dressing, the jokes she cracked with Danny and Hawkes, the chasing scene was amazing. And the final scenes made me into a puddle of goo. If it wasn't 6:30 am in the morning and the whole neighbourhood asleep, they would have heard the loudest squee ever First I thought it was a little fast, Danny hanging on these things at the PT, barely able to walk and then at the end of the day he stood without help in the room of his daughter, holding his baby without help. But I think they now want to bring the Danny-in-the-wheel-chai- stoy to an end to unfold the Flack story better.

Poor Flacky breaks my heart. He's doing the lonesome wolve thing right now, pushing everybody back and hides himself away. But it's good that Mac is aware of the situation. He understands what Flack is going through, maybe had the same problems after Clairs death (not the drinking, but the hiding thing). I'm looking foward to the scenes of those two in the episodes to come

Cute-but-evil-job-stealing-blonde I didn't find that annoying this time. She almost appeared human That was mean, I know But I missed Adam... Hopefully he won't always have a day off, when she's around.

I guess I'm the only one, who finds Sid digging in the stomach contents was a little disgusting ...

boom-moo

[8]Oct 15, 2009
    Hmmk. I a lot during this episode so bear with me. I liked Flack saying that killing someone is gonna haunt at night when you close your eyes even though you feel ok with what you've done. Guess he's living a bit of a hell ever since he killed Angell's assassin which makes him as human as he can be.

Hawkes' speech to Danny was nice too, a bit harsh but harsh is needed at times to make people see their reality. I don't get why Danny wasn't really pushing as hard as he can, I don't think he ever lost focus on the precious things he has to live for but well, guess than it must be like those times when we feel miserable and then we realize there are others who are having it way harder so it kinda snaps us off whinning and forces us to stop putting up barriers and finding solutions.

Ok... drumroll. Did honestly Haylen have to tell them that plates and silverware at the scene were untouched, that food was not consumed and so on? What are them blind now so that little detail escaped their attention? I mean, it was Mac at the scene, certainly something like that wouldn't have escaped his attention I'm glad though to realize that it's not that Haylen is very clever, but that our CSIs have dumbed up big time for unknown reasons Please someone tell me I'm wrong.

Also, traces of cocaine in the packages? Traces? That was at least a teaspoon! And no one in the other labs saw that before? Right

I dunno if I am alone here but I don't see Flack's attitude being that wrong as to need a telling off. We don't see CSIs or cops shoot that often, even when at times they've been stared at from the other end of a barrel. Danny and Shane Casey for example, was Danny supposed to have shot at once? The woman with the knife didn't really step that close to him or motioned to throw the knife so I dunno, was he supposed to shoot her? What do you think? Maybe he should have tried to talk her out of it so she would drop the knife instead of just pointing his gun and not really doing much else about it, but I dunno. I totally see Flack tripping her to the ground if she steps closer or shooting if she would have attempted to throw the knife. Guess we'll never know, but even though I didn't do a proper search, I bet there's been other moments when an armed suspect has been tackled by someone as he was aiming at someone else and that was all about it. I mean, I like where TPTB are going with it but the set up was not convincing to me. They should have put Flack in a situation were his life was no doubt at risk.

I like it that they have messed up. I love how complicated simple things can get. No fancy lab gadgets were needed, it was pretty much mind work around a homicide so it was good to go back to the basics of it.

I also liked how Stella asks Sinclair to trust her just on Mac's word, even without knowing herself the reason behind Mac's petition. Those are really a couple.

Shallow comment here but Stella's curls were a bit off tonight or was it just me?

And hello? No Adam and tons of Haylen? What was that?

Also, please, someone give Haylen a mop. It's been ages since floors are not mopped on one's knees.

Oh, and yeah, I cried at the end. I'm not even gonna complain about how risky can it be for Danny to hold his baby in his arms without leaning on something the first time he takes some steps (or one of the first or whatever). He was just darn hot doing it. It was absolutely adorable

jordinajamaica

[9]Oct 15, 2009
    • level: 42
    I'm actually crying while writing this. Whoever has the guts to tell me that Anna Belknap is not a good actress is gonna pay... I've heard a lot of crap about her that she doesn't deserve. In that 10 seconds scene she made me cry with her and that's not something a lot of actors can do.
    Said that, how hot was Danny holding Lucy, huh? I mean... WOW... breathtaking! And the famous grin at the end even better! I'm glad that he is progressing.
    About the case it was good. The DNA transference in all the swabs was curious and now I know why they collected DNA from the wife with that tongue depressor, because if they did with a swab the story wouldn't have had any sense! I think that they gave very little importance to that contamination but it actually meant that at least 17 cases were contaminated or unsolved because gloves make the hands of the girl sweaty....
    Flack is still grieving, he is not himself and although the girl threatenning him with a knife it didn't look that bad in my eyes I guess that it could have gone really badly and he was supposed to do something, but honestly that restaurant was full of people and Lindsay was just behind the girl, wouldn't shooting her be a little bit dangerous and maybe even reckless?? I think the idea of making him froze was good but they ended not playing it very well....
    Sid was around this time but Adam not! And Haylen was there! Me don't like that!
    I think that HAwkes speech to Danny was a little bit too harsh too... But if that made him be able to stand up with his daughter in his arms, kudos to Hawkes!
    All in all a very good chapter with an unpredictable ending and some sweet and funny moments...

FoxPhile

[10]Oct 15, 2009
    • level: 8

Let me just join in with the puddle of goo crowd. I was totally tearing up at the end. I don't care how unrealistic that scene was or how much Lindsay should have kicked Danny's butt for holding their daughter unaided while he (supposedly) can barely stand, I'm watching it for like, the dozenth time right now and I just love it.

Danny *is* holding on to the crib railing with one hand right at the beginning. And he takes the tiniest steps to turn towards Lindsay, and then just stands there, not moving much. It's still not totally realistic, but at least they don't have him walking unaided or running through the park with Lucy on his shoulders. There often is a point in PT when a person can stand unaided pretty well, but can't actually take a step without a lot of effort and something to hold on to. Still, he had to take about five steps or so to get from where the wheelchair is parked to Lucy's crib. It would have been more realistic if the chair was parked right beside the crib instead of just inside the door.

And I agree, the play of emotions on Anna's face was amazing!

I also liked Hawkes' speech to Danny. Flack is Danny's buddy, but Hawkes is Danny's conscious. But I'm very glad that Hawkes didn't mention the incident to Lindsay. I would have hated to see him turn tattler.

The case was rather interesting. Crime labs, as well as medical offices and many others, are so dependant on the quality control of the companies they purchase supplies from. Any little slip up (although this one was kinda big), can really cause havoc. I wonder if the poor girl with the sweaty palms still has a job? I do find it interesting that they didn't bring up the root cause of a slip like this - budget cuts. In the past, the company would have roaming inspectors ensuring that everyone wears gloves, and adheres to any other quality measures. And the NYPD would send someone to tour the plant to verify their quality control before awarding the contract. But those sorts of little "extras" are often the first things that are cut when money is tight.

The scene with Flack not shooting - yea, it didn't work for me either. I just didn't see where he was is so much danger from that knife yet. AND the woman was asking him to shoot her. That's called "suicide by cop" and police are trained *not* to shoot in those situations unless there's absolutely no alternative. If TPTB really wanted to make this believable, they should have given the woman a gun. And maybe even have her shoot at Flack (just miss). But it was fun seeing Lindsay on the chase and taking down the perp.

What - no comments on Lindsay's hair? I like the short bob, it's cute.

boom-moo

[11]Oct 15, 2009
    FoxPhile wrote:
    I hate it, she is back to the wig look *dodges projectile*

kwadd1985

[12]Oct 15, 2009
    • level: 4
    Can I please join in with "the puddle of goo crowd" too?!!! I too have just watched the end scene for about the 15th time .... all I'm gonna say is I can't wipe the big cheesy grin off my face! And I totally agree, how HOT HOT HOT does Danny look!!! I really liked the episode and I agree it was great to get back to the basics of solving a case by thought processes and easing up on the fancy machinery a bit. I quite like how TPTB seem to be shaking things up with the episodes so far, we're getting to see different types of cases from other seasons and ways that the Crime Lab handles them. For me at least, this season has a different feel to the rest!

Some things did still bother me a bit ... the cocaine thing definitely, Boom-Moo! You've got it spot on with the teaspoonful! I am looking forward to where they're going to take Flack this season, I hope it will be somewhere that plays a bit better than the shooting (or lack of!) scene in this ep, I didn't find the girl's threat to Flack too convincing either! But overall I think this episode was great in giving each of the characters/actors a scene or two to really sink their teeth into and show how great they are!!

Syd_CB

[13]Oct 15, 2009
    • level: 15

boom-moo wrote:
    FoxPhile wrote:
    I hate it, she is back to the wig look *dodges projectile*
    I like it. Especially because, strangely enough, it seems to look just like my hairstyle. Initially I had a shorter 'do, but that was a couple months ago and it's grown out a bit- funnily enough, it grew out enough to look exactly like Lindsay's.

I'm hopelessly addicted to that last scene. When I finished watching the episode (online because I'm in Taiwan where the only place to get new episodes of anything is online) I just kept rewinding it back to the last scene. I can't make myself stop. I must have watched it like 20 times.

Edited on 10/15/2009 9:00am
    Edited 2 total times.

mamunn2

[14]Oct 15, 2009
    • level: 6
    all I can say is yeah baby yeah! Danny can walk again or at least stand the final scene with him rocking Lucy was so sweet I almost cried. I liked the main story as well about the two wives and the mixed up DNA very good episode
    Edited on 10/15/2009 10:13am

blue_fish24

[15]Oct 15, 2009
    • level: 18
    Absolutely loved the scene with Danny, Lindsay, and Lucy! It was just so adorable! I guess that means I am in the "puddles of goo" crowd.

I liked Lindsay and Flack chasing the suspect. We hardly ever see Lindsay get an action scene like that! But I do agree that I don't think Flack was in all that much danger. If I was Flack, I would personally be more concerned that if she threw that knife she would have hit someone else in the crowd. And I think Flack shooting could have easily ended up with the bystanders (and Lindsay) getting hurt.

The case was pretty interesting, how the same person's DNA ended up at all the crime scenes. I'm positive there was a similar case in CSI Las Vegas where a worker had sneezed on the cotton swabs, but if I remember, it wasn't really the focus of the episode. But either way, I liked it.

Okay, when Flack and Stella are going around to the different apartments is the one guy the same one who was in a previous episode? Sorry that's a vague description! It's the episode where Flack is going around door to door and at the one door, he just says "Carry on" and leaves because he hasn't been getting any useful info. I think it's the one where Vera (maybe) took the victim because she thought he was an alien.

boom-moo

[16]Oct 15, 2009
    blue_fish24 wrote:
    Okay, when Flack and Stella are going around to the different apartments is the one guy the same one who was in a previous episode? Sorry that's a vague description!
    2x08 Bad Beat, both men look very much alike indeed

tonyandzivafan

[17]Oct 15, 2009
    I dont know what to feel about Danny's seemingly quick recovery. I was happy at the end and I avtually cried when he was holding his daughter. Hopefully he cant stand for long and put the baby down and sat back in his chair. Hawkes talk with Danny, wasnt harsh. I was actually saying something along those lines before he did. While I have never been in Danny's position I know from going to PT, you have to push yourself at times. If you dont, you will *never* get better. I think Hawkes was afraid Danny was giving up & he wanted his friend to be better.

The scene with Flack and Lindsay, broke my heart. I literally held my breath. Well until Lindsay tackled the suspect down. My only worry is when is Flack, going to really break? And I mean full blown break down. Or hit bottom (if he were an alcoholic).

As for what's her name. *sigh* She wasnt the unsub. I knew she wouldnt be but I still wished it. I wonder if we sent in a petition they get rid of her. She was a bit more human, but just just a tiny bit. Did anyone else at the end when she is doing crime scene clean up and she says, you cant be here, get giddy that she get hurt or killed? Or was that just me? I know very mean, but I dont care.

boom-moo

[18]Oct 15, 2009
    I want her out of the show too, Stacy. You aren't mean

tonyandzivafan

[19]Oct 15, 2009
    boom-moo wrote:
    I want her out of the show too, Stacy. You aren't mean

Aww thanks. Would you be up for a petition to get rid of her?

And I just thought of this. Did anyone get a weird vibe when new girl was around Stella?

boom-moo

[20]Oct 15, 2009
    I didn't get any weird vibe, I just don't like her at all. Even less since she steals AJ's screen time

I don't think a petition will make any difference, though.