CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Death House Episode 610 (possible spoilers)

laurameyer

[1]Dec 8, 2009
    • level: 58
    Should be good!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[2]Dec 8, 2009
    • level: 75
    Thank you, Laura It really looks intriguing and different from what we've got so far. I'm pretty excited about this one!

jordinajamaica

[3]Dec 8, 2009
    • level: 42
    I can't wait!! I'm really in a huge withdrawal!!

GrandviewEagles

[4]Dec 8, 2009
    • level: 20
    I'm stoked for this episode!

JoyceRamaker

[5]Dec 8, 2009
    • level: 2
    i cant wait too but we just had the first episode of season 6

mariannanic

[6]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 9
    jordinajamaica wrote:

Me too. I have a feeling for this episode. I really can't wait!

dylan-luver

[7]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 10
    mariannanic wrote:
    jordinajamaica wrote:

Me too. I have a feeling for this episode. I really can't wait!

I've been in CSI NY withdrawl since the day after last new episode they played... excited to see whats gonna happen in it and where everyone else is since we only seen Don Mac Stella and Hawkes in the promo and Danny in a picture

PixieLyssie

[8]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 20
    this episode creeped my out. a ton. but I loved the Mac/Stell duo working together cute. WHERE WAS LINDSAY??? HMM????

and the promo fro next week looks close to amazing

Carycomic

[9]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 13
    WOW! This episode was like "Tomb Raider" without the gunplay (and Angelina Jolie).

But, I was initially perplexed by what Stella said, concerning the Law Against Perpetuities. So, I did a little websurfing. Basically, it appears that, if no living descendants--direct or collateral--lay claim to an ancestor's estate within 21 years of that ancestor's death, it can legally be claimed by eminent domain.

And, who says cop shows can't be educational?

danharr

[10]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 45
    I liked the house on haunted hill episode lol. Anyway Stella and Mac were great together loved Hawks getting trapped and rescued and even though I'm sad to see our hot little Lauren go nice way to write her off.

saleblanc

[11]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 32
    Okay... I really liked the episode DESPITE the fact of which Lindsay was no where to be found. I worked on the assumption she was having a mummy daughter day with Lucy.

The puzzles and the death traps were really creative. I liked seeing the team work together on solving the puzzles and saving the girlfriend..... I am curious though and I wonder if I'm alone in my thinking..... That "FBI Visitor" checking out the lab??? Does that sound fishy to anyone else? Haley, had to literally bribe Mac to hire her and NOW the FBI wants to suddenly hire her???? I also don't the other technicians blabbing that Adam's worried about Haley stealing his job to someone they don't know..... I don't think we've heard the end of this....

Prup-aka-JBentn

[12]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 10

A delightful homage to the (pre-Ellery Queen) American Detective stories of the 1920s. Like them, it was silly, over-complicated, and had a lot of holes, but was so much fun that you don't mind this. (I could almost see the ghost of Craig Kennedy or Professor Augustus S. F. X. Van Dusen walking around the set and smiling.)

I hope the biggest hole is filled, because Sam Harding lived for another fifty years after this, surely this was not his only example of homicidal ingenuity. Somewhere, not necessarily in New York, there must be other examples of his 'skill.' (And, as my wife said, it is a shame that characters don't crossover from one Bruckheimer show to another, because it would have been wonderful to see Dr. Spencer Reid in that room.)

jordinajamaica

[13]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 42
    My thoughts...

The chapter was really good... not a lot of science going on but riddles and smartness and that's entertaining too! I loved that the house had so many tricks and hidden passages. I really liked that all the team except for Adam was at the house in some moment and that they all had to play with it... I freaked out when Hawkes got stuck in the 'oven' and when Stella almost gets impaled! Mac is, as always, the smartest guy in the room... I'd like that for once Flack and Danny guessed right... I'm really happy that Haylen is almost gone!! I guess that her character didn't fit in the show and that TPTB for once listened to us! And last but not least I missed Lindsay terribly... although I know she wasn't going to be in the chapter because I read about it before watching it I still hoped that at least she got a mention... All in all a really good chapter, very entertaining and with Adam adding the funny touch... Great!

JalineTV

[14]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 18

One of my favourite episodes. Really well done and keeps your attention throughout. I love Mac and Stella working as friends and co-workers together, although it would be nice to see Flack and Hawkes figuring things out too. Hawkes especially was low-key in this episode and his scenes were weirdly edited/quick. Flack not figuring out puzzles is less surprising

I also didn't care for Hayden. I'm hoping they decided to use that FBI woman to write her off the show, but she did seem suspicious too. I almost thought she was there for Adam. Anyway, we'll see if that comes up again later. It reminds of Lauren Lee Smith's stint as Riley on the original "CSI". I love her as an actress but they didn't think she meshed well with the rest of the cast (not just her, but also the character I guess) so they wrote her off in a semi-weird way where her reason for leaving had to do with Catherine's lack of leadership. And that led to Sara saying one of my favourite lines of that show, "Grissom had something that you don't have, Catherine. You." Anyway, I digress.

I'm still waiting for them to reference Stella and Adam's relationship over the summer. I know they're ignoring it for now (or maybe even forever), but I didn't mind them together. At least mention it to keep some continuity.

Edited on 12/10/2009 8:24am

pgsuperfan

[15]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 25
    I liked it very different

boom-moo

[16]Dec 10, 2009
    saleblanc wrote:
    Haley, had to literally bribe Mac to hire her and NOW the FBI wants to suddenly hire her?
    Yeah, pretty I wonder if we'll hear of her again and if TPTB decided to get rid of her (forever?) because of the audience's reaction. It if was anything closer to the reaction in this forum, guess it's pretty clear we don't like her a bit. Yay?

patry_trusky

[17]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 29
    So the banners TaZ made did work

boom-moo

[18]Dec 10, 2009
    And the T-shirts

Does anyone think that Danny is right when he said that Adam has a crush on her?

tonyandzivafan

[19]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 41
    patry_trusky wrote:
    So the banners TaZ made did work

TaZ-Adam will be happy.

I so loved this episode. This will sound all smushed together and not necessarily in order but here are my thoughts:

Haylen going bye bye for good (I know its odd FBI wants her, but I really dont care).

Adam actually having applied to join FBI??? Nooooooooo, he cant leave us!!!! And at him being ticked to trying to seem like Haylen is so good for the FIB job & his reaction to everyone knowing he felt threatened by her.

I think it was Danny, but Adam crushing on Haylen and that is why he is upset? Hellooooooo, bad CSI... bad, bad CSI. Adam has a crush on Stella. If that whole *cue sexy moment music* came out I cant wait to see everyone's reaction!

Mac and Stella scenes where great. So was Stella and Flackie. Odd question, but Flack (Eddie's) hair doesnt seem to have as much grey in it. Or was I imagining that?

And OMG, did anyone else freak, even for a second when Hawkes got trapped. I made this sound, and my dad gave me the strangest look ever when that scene happened.

While I missed Lindsay, it was nice to see Sid again.

And that is all for now.

boom-moo

[20]Dec 10, 2009

tonyandzivafan wrote:
    Adam actually having applied to join FBI??? Nooooooooo, he cant leave us!!!!
    Yeah, I thought I had understood it wrong.

EDIT: I just checked, and Adam said that he and Jake (the guy he thought that was gonna be picked) applied at the same time (for their job in the lab), and not him and Haylen for the FBI thing.

tonyandzivafan wrote:
    I think it was Danny, but Adam crushing on Haylen and that is why he is upset? Hellooooooo, bad CSI... bad, bad CSI. Adam has a crush on Stella.
    Lmao! Guess Danny is not very observant, is he? Back then it was Hawkes who seemed excited to have Haylen around.

tonyandzivafan wrote:
    Odd question, but Flack (Eddie's) hair doesnt seem to have as much grey in it. Or was I imagining that?
    Hmm, I haven't noticed anything different. Off to check

tonyandzivafan wrote:
    And OMG, did anyone else freak, even for a second when Hawkes got trapped.
    I did freak out too, I mean I knew he would make it but it was angsty indeed

Edited on 12/10/2009 3:48pm