CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Death House Episode 610 (possible spoilers)

mariannanic

[21]Dec 11, 2009
    • level: 9
    I finally watched the episode last night! I loved it! The promo got me very excited and thank God the episode wasn't dissapointing at all. I love it when Mac and Stella work together, it's like two great minds complete one another. And Flack was looking great! When they saved the girl i thought he was looking kinda weird. Almost scared that she might not be alive. Anyway, i loved it. And i can't wait for next week.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

haldrey

[22]Dec 11, 2009
    • level: 22
    Creepy and loving it. This episode reminded me of Alfred Hitchcock movies. It was different from the usual CSI NY storylines and interesting to the very end.

GrandviewEagles

[23]Dec 11, 2009
    • level: 20
    I liked this episode a lot. I squeed so much when Mac put his hand on Stella's when she was holding the Iphone. I thought that was great. I also liked when Mac saved Stella fron the giant knife thingy. I thought the house was a lot like Scooby Doo with the trap doors and in the moving walls. I'm glad Mac saved Hawkes from being squished into a Hawkes-pancake. lol Mac was really on top of everything in this episode. he figured almost everything out. Adam was really cute in this episode. Still wondering where Lindsay was... All in all though I really liked this episode.

erifanz

[24]Dec 11, 2009
    • level: 2
    What if Deborah Martin is being introduced as love interest for Hawkes... Sheldon finally gets some I mean it would be a bit strange to bring on someone from the FBI just to write of Haylen's character. Mac could just mention her moving to FBI in passing. Def think there more to her appearance at CSI.

boom-moo

[25]Dec 11, 2009
    • level: 75
    Well, guest stars are introduced all the time as a one time thing so Deborah Martin might not appear again. There's also not really much reason for her to be around since her job is pretty much done. If it was mentioned that she would be around the lab for a while before making her decision, then maybe she could reappear. Not that I am against Hawkes getting some, quite on the contrary! Guess we'll have to check out the cast lists for the next few episodes then

jenny_d_b

[26]Dec 12, 2009
    • level: 8
    It's natural that she would hook up with Hawkes because she's black and so is he? I'm not sure I WANT to get your logic on this one.

This episode was different, but it sure left a lot of questions unanswered. Like how did Paula get into the room with the water, if she (for some strange reason) should restart the clock, then the water would rush out. I don't understand how she got into that room unless the entrance she got in through was ABOVE her head, which means, she got in through the roof and "fell" in, because it's the only way the water wouldnt rush out. It's possible she somehow ended up on the roof of the building again, and fell down through a secret hatch into the water.

It wasn't entirely explained how Richard got into the cooking room either, but I guess there's a larger chance that he was touching everything, looking for things which could be valuable.

NYCarbon

[27]Dec 12, 2009
    • level: 17
    I just watched the episode and I think that the storylines are definitely getting better and better (the beginning for me was Manhattanhenge). I liked the idea of a 'Tower of Terror'-meets-1920s detective story plot and I think that it's something new brought to the table. I have to admit that this episode gave me the chills in some scenes and made me freak in some (Hawkes getting trapped!). The backstory (or rather main story) to the 911 call and Richard Lawson disappearance kind of distracted from the whole point of why Lawson was there in the first place. In terms of how the house was built and how the CSIs were able to navigate their way brought out the low-tech aspects of being a CSI and it all comes down to logic (but also, with the help of some hi-tech gadgets!). As for Haylen and the FBI, I was a but about it. Why would a part-time labtech/crime scene cleanup be scouted by the FBI? She practically had to force her way into the NYPD Crime Lab and now the bigshots want her? A bit suspicious but hey, she's gone!

goa103

[28]Dec 13, 2009
    • level: 21

saleblanc wrote:
    The puzzles and the death traps were really creative. I liked seeing the team work together on solving the puzzles and saving the girlfriend.....

I agree because as mentionned in my review they convinced me to watch the episode. It was my first glimpse at CSI: NY and I wasn't disappointed. Was it the first time the characters had to solve such puzzles and avoid traps ?

goa103

[29]Dec 13, 2009

Prup-aka-JBentn wrote:
    A delightful homage to the (pre-Ellery Queen) American Detective stories of the 1920s. Like them, it was silly, over-complicated, and had a lot of holes, but was so much fun that you don't mind this. (I could almost see the ghost of Craig Kennedy or Professor Augustus S. F. X. Van Dusen walking around the set and smiling.)

Interesting because I don't know anything about these stories. Any references to recommend us ? A short stories collection would be perfect ! I quickly search some keywords on Wikipedia but don't really where to start. In my review I mentionned novels by Bernard Werber and maybe he was inspired by the detective stories you read.

It's also funny because your words reminded me of an adventure video game I played as a child, L'Aigle D'Or (The Gold Eagler). The player was trapped in a castle and had to find the exit. There were pitfalls, hidden walls, rooms connected by fake fireplaces… We actually mention other titles in our reviews : The 7th Guest, Myst…

goa103

[30]Dec 13, 2009

NYCarbon wrote:
    I liked the idea of a 'Tower of Terror'-meets-1920s detective story plot and I think that it's something new brought to the table.

Have you ever done it ? It sounds entertaining and quite thrilling. Are there any traps to avoid or puzzles to solve ?

About the detective stories don't hesitate to reply to the question I asked Prup-aka-JBentn.

boom-moo

[31]Dec 13, 2009
    • level: 75
    Welcome to the CSI:NY forum, goa103 Please bear in mind that double posting is not allowed. Please use the "edit message" option in the drop down menu at the bottom of your post. In case you have any question about how to do it, feel free to pm me

NYCarbon

[32]Dec 14, 2009
    • level: 17
    goa103 wrote:

NYCarbon wrote:
    I liked the idea of a 'Tower of Terror'-meets-1920s detective story plot and I think that it's something new brought to the table.

Have you ever done it ? It sounds entertaining and quite thrilling. Are there any traps to avoid or puzzles to solve ?

About the detective stories don't hesitate to reply to the question I asked Prup-aka-JBentn.

I haven't done it, I have to admit (I was too scared to ride it ) but its basically a ride through an abandoned hotel (or rather tower) and I reference it because of the similarities with its setting

blue_fish24

[33]Dec 22, 2009
    • level: 18
    I finally watched the episode! I had to finish exams before I caught up on all the episodes I've missed! I really liked this one! It has a completely different feeling from typically CSI New York episodes, but I thought it was a nice change. I liked how they had to work together to figure out all the puzzles. Only bad thing was the absence of Lindsay. while I don't have an explanation for how Paula got into the room with the water, I'll offer my theory. I agree that Richard was probably just touching everything and exploring and ended up in the oven by accident. Then he called Paula frantic, so she was probably doing the same thing. I think there was probably another entrance to the water room like there was two entrances into the oven. I don't think she got in through that bedroom/clock.