CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Do not pass go possible spoilers episode 706

laurameyer

[1]Oct 28, 2010
    • level: 58

http://www.tv.com/csi-ny/do-not-pass-go/episode/1354490/summary.html?tag=next_episode;title

***SPOILER***

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[2]Oct 28, 2010
    • level: 75
    Thanks Laura Cryptic title...

gwenpiper24

[3]Oct 28, 2010
    • level: 31
    makes me think of the Monopoly game.

tonyandzivafan

[4]Oct 28, 2010
    • level: 41
    gwenpiper24 wrote:

Since I wasnt too thrilled with last week's episode I am hoping that this one will be better. Seems like it will but not giving hopes up.

GrandviewEagles

[5]Oct 29, 2010
    • level: 20
    gwenpiper24 wrote:

Me too, maybe they'll spoof Monopoly.

Lisaraph

[6]Oct 29, 2010
    • level: 14

I have one thing to say, and those who read/play the rpg will understand:

ELLY IS MINE! DO YOU HEAR ME PTB? MINEMINEMINE ALL MINEMINEMINE!

Ahem. Thanks. I'm better now.

Edited on 10/29/2010 7:25pm

tonyandzivafan

[7]Oct 29, 2010
    • level: 41
    First of all I just have to say how I love Ellie Danville. And how real they had her character.

That said on to the rest of the episode. I really enjoyed this episode and releaved it met my expectations and a little more.

It could be me but Flack seems to be different when talking with anyone case wise. Tonight he was great with the mother (Sally Anderson). *huggles Flackie* And be honest how many of you knew (not hoped) that Jeremy would be found alive? I didnt think they would until the end when I got chills right before they searched for him in the ship.

I so loved Jo in this episode. From lvoing her messy desk to how she was with Ellie. And the circumstances in which she adopted Ellie was just even sweeter. And I smell future storyline down the road in regards to that.

One thing I felt bad for was, Adam jumpy when Mac came over to ask him about the message. Is Adam still that nervous around Mac? Or did he just spook him b/c he didnt hear Mac?

Dewbak75

[8]Oct 29, 2010
    • level: 18

tonyandzivafan wrote:
    Tonight he was great with the mother (Sally Anderson).

That was a great scene with him and the mother of the first victim. When he was telling her how there's no right way to act while she's grieving, I'm sure most of us were thinking about his downward spiral after Jess died, you could see it on his face. I'm kinda glad he didn't come right out and tell the woman about his own loss. I think that would've been a little heavy-handed.

:
    I so loved Jo in this episode. From lvoing her messy desk to how she was with Ellie. And the circumstances in which she adopted Ellie was just even sweeter. And I smell future storyline down the road in regards to that.

Jo was definitely in fine form this week. My favorite moment of course was her team-up with Flack to find the guy at the bar. As soon as Flack chased after him and Jo went back out the front door, I knew how the chase was going to end. The celebratory hi-five was a fun touch as well. Those two are quickly becoming my favorite pairing this season. I thought they did a decent job of introducing Ellie, and the story of how Jo adopted her certainly has story possibilities. The most dramatic one I can think of would be if somehow the mother got released from prison and tried to get custody back. Time will tell I guess. I also like that Jo is still wearing appropriate footwear, unlike the stylish heels Lindsay wore to the first scene. It's a small detail, I know, but for some reason it makes me like Jo even more.

:
    One thing I felt bad for was, Adam jumpy when Mac came over to ask him about the message. Is Adam still that nervous around Mac? Or did he just spook him b/c he didnt hear Mac?

I don't think Adam will ever be completely relaxed around Mac.

I enjoyed this episode quite a bit. I thought the story was a pretty original idea(which after all the seasons of CSI and Law & Order is not easy). It's always nice seeing Helen Slater, at 47 years old she still looks radiant. I also like that they didn't resolve the issue of who shot the bouncer. As much as I would've liked to see the look on that woman's face when she learns definitively that she went after the wrong people, that would have been too tidy an ending to this story.

saleblanc

[9]Oct 30, 2010
    • level: 32

Lisaraph wrote:

I have one thing to say, and those who read/play the rpg will understand:

ELLY IS MINE! DO YOU HEAR ME PTB? MINEMINEMINE ALL MINEMINEMINE!

Ahem. Thanks. I'm better now.

I thought of you the second she spoke her name . . . LMAO!!!!

Now, I really like the script. But this had to be the grossest autopsy since the guy in the scuba suit in The Deep.

Again, I'm really enjoying what Jo is bringing not only to the team but the show. No disrespect to Stella / Melina. Its not better or worse, its just different and I'm just accepting what I can't change.

jordinajamaica

[10]Oct 30, 2010
    • level: 42
    ok... bad idea to eat breakfast while watching this episode! I can tolerate a lot but I almost puked when I saw the guy in the car and then the autopsy...
    Apart from that the chapter was pretty good. We got to meet Jo's adopted daughter and see her in a familiar situation and kicking some a** too. I liked it
    Nice Flack moments... First words cookie and cake?? I can just imagine him being a fatty kid with chubby cheeks... so cute!!
    Very little Danny and Lindsay... maybe we'll get a chapter with more of them soon?? I miss the DL we had in the first chapters!! they barely talk to each other!
    I love Sid and Hawkes moments...
    Mac is smiling a lot more this season... I liked it but it feels wrong if it's all because of Jo since Stella didn't make him smile so much
    Funny Adam, as always...
    The desperate mom was not very good at it... I mean, she seems to be over acting all the time... I didn't believe her... The story was good but all the girl in Rikers planning everything... I didn't like that actress either...
    It was a nice chapter... not the best but good enough

danharr

[11]Nov 2, 2010
    • level: 45

Good episode Ellie is great the did a real good job with her character lessons learned from CSI and the case was good also and nice surprise finding the kid alive at the end.

boom-moo

[12]Nov 2, 2010
    tonyandzivafan wrote:
    I think he jumped out of his skin because he didn't hear Mac but I agree with Dewbak75 in that won't probably ever be completely relaxed around Mac.

Like most others I like how Ellie was introduced. She got a decent screen time to be something casual so I bet there's some Jo drama around the corner. It's always good to have more Sid on the field.

Loved Flack and Craig's mother scene!

Carmine is definitely wearing his own (I assume) wedding ring and not the one Danny used when he married Lindsay.

The story was catchy, I didn't expect it all to be planned by the dead bartender's girlfriend from jail. Pretty dumb of the friend to make those phone calls without even wondering why though. And yeah, it was nice that the bartender's dead wasn't solved.

I did know that Jeremy would be alive although I think that her mum was a terrible actress.

Lisa, I was giggling like a mad woman. The must read. I mean, it's not even the first time that they've borrowed to be random.

jordinajamaica

[13]Nov 3, 2010
    • level: 42
    boom-moo wrote:

I did know that Jeremy would be alive although I think that her mum was a terrible actress.

YAY!! I'm not the only one that thinks that!! I mean... she was REALLY bad!

boom-moo

[14]Nov 3, 2010
    She was terrible, I was cringing all the time she was on screen.

haldrey

[15]Nov 3, 2010
    • level: 22
    Pretty good episode and as always, do not pass go and do not eat during.