CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Episode 703 possible spoilers

laurameyer

[1]Oct 7, 2010
    • level: 58

http://www.tv.com/csi-ny/damned-if-you-do/episode/1353258/summary.html?tag=next_episode;title

***SPOILER***

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[2]Oct 7, 2010
    • level: 75
    Thanks Laura Sounds like a good one.

tonyandzivafan

[3]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 41

Not the best but still fairly good.

I know its early still in the season but it seems it will be one where we get a lot of Adam than we usually do.

As for the storyline, it was a nice twist at the end. I did enjoy that we didn't know the whole truth too soon. I'm one to try and figure out who done it, so this episode challenged me a bit. I'm also glad it wasn't too close to the real life case of Chrisotpher Porco, who was convicted of killing his father and the attempted murder of his mom.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Porco
    Or if you google him there are other links about the case.

Now back to the show...

Love the D/L moment, even though it was kinda negative with Danny not wanting a son after seeing the crime scene. I hope he changes his mind. A mini Danny might be nice.

Was it me or did I notice a little gray in Flackie's hair?

It was nice to see Sid and Jo in the same scene. Was he nervous around her?

And again love, love, love Jo. The only thing I wasn't happy was her snooping by looking at the one thing on Mac's desk. Understood why after it was explained but I exactly yelled at the tv: Bad Jo, bad, bad, bad! Also bravo for getting Adam to help out like she did...

Which leads me back to Adam.... How awesome was he tonight? *squishy huggles him* While I believe him in being all serious, I hate to admit I giggled at one point. It was just so un-Adam, I guess I couldnt help it. But seriously Adam, is bringing his A game so far this season.

Dewbak75

[4]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 18

I enjoyed this episode quite a bit, this season has gotten off to a very good start. I especially like that we've gotten single-case episodes so far. It's let them tell more intricate stories and allowed time for some nice character beats as well. I liked how the story this week had me guessing until the end. I couldn't let go of the possibility that the son had orchestrated things somehow.

More great stuff with Jo this week, I'm really loving the addition of Sela Ward to the cast. Fun first meeting between Jo & Sid, he reacted to her just about as I expected. And it was nice to see a lighter interaction with Adam. I've no doubt she'll continue to play with him like she does, I just hope the animosity is pretty much done with. There's only so much they can do with that. The scene when he pretended to be the polygraph tech was a hoot, I only wish we'd seen something from him afterward showing his enjoyment of the game, since I'm sure he had fun. The scene with Mac about her past in D.C. was also very good. I'm glad they didn't wait too long before filling us in, since it's a pretty straightforward story. Now we know why Jo left the FBI, and that she made an enemy of a Senator. I wonder if he'll ever make an appearance. If Jo does a little research into Mac's record, she'll know her new boss doesn't cover up when his side goes bad. I also liked the way Mac handled it. These two are definitely going to be a great team. If there's anything negative to say about Jo, it's that we've seen very little of her doing the dirty work at a crime scene, how long before she's the one working with bloody sheets or collecting soil samples?

tonyandzivafan, either Flack's hair is very shiny, or there's definitely some gray, I'd noticed it before this season.

I liked Mac during this episode, with his growing doubt about the mother's identification of her son. Usually he's pretty hardheaded when he thinks he's got his man. And I thought Gary Sinise did a great job in that scene at the end, when he apologizes to the son for what he went through. I'd like to see Caruso show sympathy like that

jordinajamaica

[5]Oct 9, 2010
    • level: 42
    Great chapter.... it reminded me to some season 1 or 2 cases... I missed that!! I'll post more later!!

boom-moo

[6]Oct 9, 2010
    I loved the episode, the case was really good as were the guest cast, every one of them The team work was really nice to see, the banters despite the horrifying crime scene and the very funny Adam working the polygraph.

Jo checking out the papers on Mac's desk is a huge no no, but not saying 'sorry' after she was busted is even a bigger no no. She acts like she owns the place or something. Ugh.

Dewbak75

[7]Oct 9, 2010

boom-moo wrote:
    Jo checking out the papers on Mac's desk is a huge no no, but not saying 'sorry' after she was busted is even a bigger no no. She acts like she owns the place or something. Ugh.

We're only taking so much offense to it because we know Mac's integrity makes her actions unneeded. But considering what happened in her last job, I understand why she's a little concerned. Mac handled it well though. The most important thing wasn't chastising her for being nosy or impolite, it was to reassure her that she had nothing to worry about with her new team. Besides, it's not like she broke into his file cabinet or anything, the paper was right out on his desk.

boom-moo

[8]Oct 9, 2010
    She questioned Mac's integrity with her action and still didn't say she was sorry. It's not about her having her own motives to do so, it's about doing what's right. It is to me like when Stella read Peyton's letter. Even if they would use that information for good, it is wrong no matter if the papers were right there lying on Mac's desk. Whatever is on his desk, it's his stuff and it concerns him only until he decides to share it.

Does anyone know what movie Jules is referring to when she says that Billy wanted to get a grey jacket like the one Tom Cruise uses in some movie?
    Edited on 10/09/2010 11:06am

jordinajamaica

[9]Oct 9, 2010
    The movie is Risky Business, BM... The one where Tom Cruise sets up a house of bad reputation in his parents home when they are out on holidays...

boom-moo

[10]Oct 9, 2010
    Thank JJ, I haven't watched it.

jordinajamaica

[11]Oct 9, 2010
    boom-moo wrote:
    Thank JJ, I haven't watched it.

It's quite old, It was made in 1983... there's a quite famous scene where Tom Cruises dances along some music wearing a shirt, boxers and socks...

danharr

[12]Oct 9, 2010
    • level: 45

Nice ending great things from Jo and Adam but imo they really made Mac look bad. I mean Mac thinks that a woman beat almost to death seeing a picture of her son and it means she's id'ing him. Come on and that crap about about waving her finger everything Sid told him he should've already know. A weak plot device to give us that ending and they made Mac so out of character.

Dewbak75

[13]Oct 9, 2010

danharr wrote:

Nice ending great things from Jo and Adam but imo they really made Mac look bad. I mean Mac thinks that a woman beat almost to death seeing a picture of her son and it means she's id'ing him. Come on and that crap about about waving her finger everything Sid told him he should've already know. A weak plot device to give us that ending and they made Mac so out of character.

I didn't think it was out of character at all. Mac's thoughts were focused on getting any information he could to help him find the attacker, and all indications were that she was able to respond to his questions. He didn't know the extent of her injuries, so he couldn't now how much brain damage she'd suffered. Once things had settled down a bit and they weren't finding any evidence to back up the mother's apparent identification, Mac wasn't too stubborn to consider the possibility that their assumption was wrong.

tonyandzivafan

[14]Oct 9, 2010
    • level: 41
    Dewbak75 wrote:

danharr wrote:

I didn't think it was out of character at all. Mac's thoughts were focused on getting any information he could to help him find the attacker, and all indications were that she was able to respond to his questions. He didn't know the extent of her injuries, so he couldn't now how much brain damage she'd suffered. Once things had settled down a bit and they weren't finding any evidence to back up the mother's apparent identification, Mac wasn't too stubborn to consider the possibility that their assumption was wrong.

I agree it wasn't out of character. Mac didn't know if she survive either. And with the crime scene in front of him I dont blame him. Hopefully if he is ever face with a similar case he will use a different technique (if there is one that is better). If I'm not mistaken the same claim by the defense and the mother of the real life case (that similar to the story line we had) there was a misunderstanding when the mom identified the son.

I was happy with the scene where Mac goes back to visit the mother & the son isnt all bitter. Mac was just doing his job.

boom-moo

[15]Oct 10, 2010
    tonyandzivafan wrote:
    I was happy with the scene where Mac goes back to visit the mother & the son isnt all bitter. Mac was just doing his job.
    I loved the line about them losing perspective at times of how hard it is to be considered a suspect.

I don't think the finger moving thing as a way to communicate with the beaten up victim was too different from the blinking method that has been used before several times. I was a bit surprised when Hawkes asked Danny and Lindsay if they would have thought of doing that. I think it's pretty standard (so to speak) and can be seen in many shows and movies.