CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Episode 8x10 'Clean Sweep' discussion thread

boom-moo

[1]Jan 6, 2012
    • level: 75
    Please post your opinions/comments/discussion topics on episode 8x10 "Clean Sweep" here.

-Spoilers are not allowed.
    -Bashing ships/characters is not allowed.
    -Discussion is welcome, arguing is not.
    -Trolls won't be fed, I love my cookies.
    -Be respecful, keep it cool.

Thank you
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tonyandzivafan

[2]Jan 6, 2012
    • level: 41
    I really loved this episode. And not b/c I'm into watching fighting. Though lately that has been used in other crime dramas. At least this was a different twist. I knew or at least believed 99% that the fighter wasnt really dead. I had seen the previews way too much and once the burned body was shown I said the liscene may say one name but the body wont match. The only thing I didnt know who exactly killed and/or burned him.

So in comes David Gallagher thinking he killed someone. And I started to believe (even though it wasnt known the body wasnt the fighter's) that this was some odd coincidence. And the fact that I have seen D.G. as a bad guy lately (in roles he has taken on) and so one more I'm a killer role added to his resume.

I would like to see some continuation of this story. Not that TPTB will do so but to see what happens. And while I dont condone one bit what happened I cant imagine being put in that fear. He would have been better off digging up a grave that was recent and burning the body. That way there would be proof he didnt kill anyone. And that is kinda scary that I even said that. This is what happens when you watch to much crime drama.

A couple things I want to ask you all to make sure I was seeing things right: Do Lindsay and Flack have new hair styles? And does anyone else have a bad feeling about little miss thang reporter? She might be honestly wanting Mac's opinion but there is more she wants and I dont mean she has this crush on him. She reminds me of the reporter from CSI Miami, Erica Sikes (she was super friendly with Ryan). The only thing is that miss thang is evil. I want to squash her like a bug. *glares*

That's all for now.

boom-moo

[3]Jan 8, 2012
    Good episode. The absolute serenity with which Lisa Richards talked about his husband's death totally gave it away to me that he wasn't really dead. I understand Ryan Richards' reasons to do what he did though, I really pity them.

Ugh, Jennifer the journalist was really ugh. And I'm sure we haven't heard the last of her.

Who sent Mac the flowers? Random thankful person after a case we didn't hear of had been solved or is there anything else to it? Ah the mystery...

tonyandzivafan

[4]Jan 8, 2012
    boom-moo wrote:
    Ugh, Jennifer the journalist was really ugh. And I'm sure we haven't heard the last of her.

Who sent Mac the flowers? Random thankful person after a case we didn't hear of had been solved or is there anything else to it? Ah the mystery...

Sadly I agree its not the last of her.

As for the flowers... part of me thinks Jennifer did in fact send them but lied to Mac. At the same time I think why lie about that. She was honest before or at least seem to be.

If she really didnt send them there was one person that came to mind.... Ella McBride.

boom-moo

[5]Jan 8, 2012
    I don't see why she would lie about it either, she's been pretty straightforward about everything else. If the topic of the flowers isn't revisited I'll assume it's been someone related to a solved case but I hope there's something more about it (just not another random love interest for Mac, please).

tonyandzivafan

[6]Jan 8, 2012

boom-moo wrote:
    I don't see why she would lie about it either, she's been pretty straightforward about everything else. If the topic of the flowers isn't revisited I'll assume it's been someone related to a solved case but I hope there's something more about it (just not another random love interest for Mac, please).

I dont want a random love interest for Mac either.

If the flowers arent from Jennifer or someone related from a random case... someone we have met, who would you say they are from? and Why?

Edited on 01/08/2012 5:02pm

boom-moo

[7]Jan 8, 2012
    tonyandzivafan wrote:

If the flowers arent from Jennifer or someone related from a random case... someone we have met, who would you say they are from? and Why?

I hope Aubrey. I like her and we would get continuity to a storyline that went nowhere.

tonyandzivafan

[8]Jan 8, 2012
    boom-moo wrote:
    tonyandzivafan wrote:

I hope Aubrey. I like her and we would get continuity to a storyline that went nowhere.

Ooooh... Good choice. I didnt love her but didnt hate her either. I guess I went with the more insane stalker route. Both ways might give closure to a storyline but yours is much nicer. I can ask this in question thread and edit this post if need be but could the flowers been sent due an anniversary of something for Mac or Mac and the sender?

boom-moo

[9]Jan 8, 2012
    tonyandzivafan wrote:
    could the flowers been sent due an anniversary of something for Mac or Mac and the sender?
    Could be, cit ould be absolutely anything. What do you have in mind?

I hope it isn't random, they mentioned the flowers several times during the episode to be a random thing.

tonyandzivafan

[10]Jan 8, 2012
    If its just an anniversay for Mac, I havent a clue. If its between him and the sender I can be different things depending on if its a good or bad anniversary. I can say for sure what but if its a bad one or deluson one it could be the anniversary of when Mac first met the sender (anything thing can seem more in a stalker's mind). Positive anniversary between Mac and sender I dont know b/c I cant see why they wouldnt put the name on a card.

boom-moo

[11]Jan 8, 2012
    tonyandzivafan wrote:
    I cant see why they wouldnt put the name on a card.
    Yeah, that's weird. Either the sender doesn't want Mac to know who is sending the flowers (which kind of defeats the purpose, right?) or the sender thought that Mac could be able to tell their identity going by the card message, even if not signed.

tonyandzivafan

[12]Jan 8, 2012
    boom-moo wrote:
    tonyandzivafan wrote:
    I cant see why they wouldnt put the name on a card.
    Yeah, that's weird. Either the sender doesn't want Mac to know who is sending the flowers (which kind of defeats the purpose, right?) or the sender thought that Mac could be able to tell their identity going by the card message, even if not signed.

It does defeat the purpose.

Could a bug get past security in the buliding? Maybe there is one within the flowers.

boom-moo

[13]Jan 8, 2012
    I think that security would let anything that doesn't flag as a threat into the building. A regular bouquet shouldn't raise any alarm under X-ray, so they wouldn't really care if the flowers are signed or not.

jordinajamaica

[14]Jan 9, 2012
    • level: 42
    It was a good chapter... the storyline was quite interesting about the guy faking his death to protect his family from a stalker...

Lindsay was extremely cute teasing Mac about the blonde woman... About her, Jennifer I think, I kinda hate her already... And I'm pretty sure the flowers came from her... The only thing I liked was the practical joke Flack made her!

The chapter had its moments... Danny eating the chip out of Flack's head??

Apart from all that I kinda missed Danny and Lindsay... they had very little screentime, which makes me think that we'll get soon a chapter with lots of them.... I hope...

danharr

[15]Jan 19, 2012
    • level: 45

Good episode lol on the cage fighting since it's not licensed in NY therefore not done in reality. Nice to see Tito Ortiz making moves outside the ufc and I too guessed the husband wasn't dead since the wife so at peace about the whole thing.

SarahFuller1

[16]Jan 22, 2012
    • level: 2

danharr wrote:

Good episode lol on the cage fighting since it's not licensed in NY therefore not done in reality. Nice to see Tito Ortiz making moves outside the ufc and I too guessed the husband wasn't dead since the wife so at peace about the whole thing.

i also thought tito was great in this ep, but what is bugging me and it has nothing to do with the episode is just after mac talked to tito's character u saw 2 fighters training in the cage, now i am almost 100% sure one of them was teh wrestler rob van dam, and it is bugging the heck out of me that no one can tell me if it is or not , apart from that i loved this episode