CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Episode 8x12 'Brooklyn Til I Die' discussion thread

boom-moo

[1]Feb 2, 2012
    • level: 75
    Please post your opinions/comments/discussion topics on episode 8x12 "Brooklyn Til I Die" here.

-Spoilers are not allowed.
    -Bashing ships/characters is not allowed.
    -Discussion is welcome, arguing is not.
    -Trolls won't be fed, I love my cookies.
    -Be respecful, keep it cool.

Thank you
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tonyandzivafan

[2]Feb 6, 2012
    • level: 41

*Something seemed off from the start. What we saw wasn't what it was. I can't say if it was the younger guy saying bingo or the background. Something wasn't right. Didn't say underground gambling. Though I didn't expect what it really was. * When the girl got shot I didn't know if it was real at first or not. And either way I first thought it was her date.

*And the supposed bad guy at the baccarat table... Not scary or intimidating at all. He wasn't serious when he said his lines. And he might as well have been given nail clippers. The poor girl with the starter's pistol (that we later learn) was more threatening. So whoever choose the scary heavy guy, you did a horrible job.

*I really enjoyed the Lindsay scene with her examing the lipstick camera. The lighting was very cool. I wonder if that was done during filming or after I editing.

*And Christine Whitney.... Mac's online friend from last week! I was pleasantly surprised that we got an answer so quickly. TPTB are really listening after 8 seasons. I could be wrong but does anyone think there is more than her being the sister of an old partner of Mac's. Nothing was out right said but when they met up... It was implied something happened between them. Mac's whole response and body language especially his eyes said they seriously made out when Christine was recalling the party. While I'm glad she isn't someone Mac put away or the crazy stalker girl that nearly took her life to get close to Mac, I have a feeling this storyline isn't over nor will end positively. Your thoughts? Even if it's to speculate how serious they might have made out.

* at the Cagney and Lacy. And the Boom. I hope Flack's feelings won't be hurt. * The whole pay the ransom thing while was interesting to watch I can't believe it was said to do it. Whatever happened to if you pay the ransom there is no reason to keep the kidnapping victim(s) alive?

*Now they say don't pay.

*And the ending as mentioned... Mac & Christine meeting.

Overall good episode except for the annoying bad guy/mobster/actor.

Edited on 02/06/2012 12:09am

boom-moo

[3]Feb 6, 2012
    Very good episode. Such a nice (and sad) turn of events that Seville Sr. had to cooperate with his kidnappers to get away with his life since he knew his father wouldn't pay a dime.

Loved Flack's interrogation and his one liners!

For once I'm not instantly annoyed by one of Mac's potential love interests. She seemed genuinely nice, honest and upfront. And she surely knows Mac well. It did sound indeed like there's some history back between Mac & Christine. Maybe something happened at that party they recall that fondly? We know that Mac cheated on Claire once so who knows? Although cheating twice would be a bit too much for a guy like Mac, imo. I like that she knew both Mac and Claire instead of being some random old flame that returns when it's most convenient. Sounds like a complicated scenario, or at least one we can't fully make out yet, which is interesting.

tonyandzivafan

[4]Feb 6, 2012
    boom-moo wrote:

Loved Flack's interrogation and his one liners!

For once I'm not instantly annoyed by one of Mac's potential love interests. She seemed genuinely nice, honest and upfront. And she surely knows Mac well. It did sound indeed like there's some history back between Mac & Christine. Maybe something happened at that party they recall that fondly? We know that Mac cheated on Claire once so who knows? Although cheating twice would be a bit too much for a guy like Mac, imo. I like that she knew both Mac and Claire instead of being some random old flame that returns when it's most convenient. Sounds like a complicated scenario, or at least one we can't fully make out yet, which is interesting.

I loved his one liners too. But Flack wouldn't be Flack w/out them.

I'm not annoyed with Mac's new love interest, just not sure if I love her. I always assumed it was Stella he cheated on Claire with. And this was before I was a SMacked fan. But maybe not.

The way she was when they met i htought she was going to reveal something but she didnt. Though it still could happen.

boom-moo

[5]Feb 6, 2012
    tonyandzivafan wrote:
    I always assumed it was Stella he cheated on Claire with. And this was before I was a SMacked fan. But maybe not.
    He kissed Quinn Shelby when he was married to Claire

tonyandzivafan wrote:
    The way she was when they met i htought she was going to reveal something but she didnt. Though it still could happen.
    I think she is going to come back, she definitely held something that I hope we get to learn about.

tonyandzivafan

[6]Feb 6, 2012
    Glad to know I wasnt the only one who thought she held something back. Any thoughts on what it could be?

boom-moo

[7]Feb 7, 2012
    I don't know. I find it hard to believe (or at least I don't want to believe) that it's some history with Mac because:

a) Mac cheating on Claire once is enough.
    b) It'd be too predictable / cliche.

I'd rather like it if their connection has to do with something entirely different. I guess the flashback to her cooking lunch for her brother wasn't random. We don't know if her brother is alive or not, right? Maybe he died in 9/11 as well? I guess he was a good friend of Mac since they were patrol partners. I think it's gonna have to do with her brother.
    Edited on 02/07/2012 12:08am

jordinajamaica

[8]Feb 7, 2012
    • level: 42
    I'll post when I have more time, but... I'd like to say that I like this new girl for Mac... She seems to know him for long and she seems to be a really nice and sweet girl... I hope she stays...

I loved the symultanious 'BOOM' between HAwkes and Danny!

I'll post more later!

boom-moo

[9]Feb 7, 2012
    Forgot to mention that I missed Adam and that I had to lol at Sid's: "Are you a T-man or an A-man?" It was a while since he went kinky.

danharr

[10]Mar 1, 2012
    • level: 45

It was good a tad disappointed that my bad guy throwing up Mac's past to get at him didn't pan out and we have a real love interest for Mac. I disagree with the kid I think the dad would've paid he just want proof of life and the kidnappers wouldn't give it.