CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Episode 8x13 'The Ripple Effect' discussion thread

boom-moo

[1]Feb 9, 2012
    • level: 75
    Please post your opinions/comments/discussion topics on episode 8x13 "'The Ripple Effect" here.

-Spoilers are not allowed.
    -Bashing ships/characters is not allowed.
    -Discussion is welcome, arguing is not.
    -Trolls won't be fed, I love my cookies.
    -Be respecful, keep it cool.

Thank you
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jordinajamaica

[2]Feb 9, 2012
    • level: 42
    After this one there's a 6 weeks hiatus!! I hope it's a really good one!!

boom-moo

[3]Feb 11, 2012
    Solid episode, I enjoyed it a lot

Nice cases, nice team work, nice D / L, nice Flack one liners, nice continuation on Sid's pillow, nice Mac / Christine and very nice Jo figuring it all out.

Missed Adam again though *pouts*

jordinajamaica

[4]Feb 11, 2012
    • level: 42
    It was an amazing chapter!! YAY!!

The DL scenes was ssooooooo good!! It reminded me of the old Danny and Lindsay, teasing each other all the time and working great together! Great!!

the case was really interesting one accidental death, one accidental arrow shot, and one on purpose strangulation but just 2 bodies!

I still like a lot the new Mac's love interest. An Mac likes her too!

Sid storyline was really great too!! I just hope that now that he's rich he doesn't leave the lab!!

Just a couple of things: Why did they have to go down ALL those stairs if they could have arrived to the dead body from the down part and just had to do 3 steps??? I know they would have to retrace the messenger movements but, they did that later... Another thing, if that guy was soooo ill with that weird flu, how come the CBC guys and our CSIs went to meet him without even wearing a mask or something?? Isn't flu contagious??

Anyways, a really great great chapter!

btw, BM, this chapters were filmed around the time AJ's dad was very sick/died... that's why he's not around, but he will be back for the last few chapters for sure!

boom-moo

[5]Feb 11, 2012
    jordinajamaica wrote:
    btw, BM, this chapters were filmed around the time AJ's dad was very sick/died... that's why he's not around, but he will be back for the last few chapters for sure!
    Oh, I see. Makes total sense, thank you. Poor him, he surely needed some time off Can't wait to have him back though, he is very much missed!

ltcomstella

[6]Feb 12, 2012
    • level: 18

nice bit of rare sub plot completion but they have missed others why choose these ?

maybe sids new found fortune will come into play later like a predictable kidnapping for ransom ? or he looses the money in a bad investment?

as for mac as soon as she sent him the email it was pretty clear and obvious she was the new love interest and the result was going to be slow going !

boom-moo

[7]Feb 12, 2012
    ltcomstella wrote:

maybe sids new found fortune will come into play later like a predictable kidnapping for ransom ? or he looses the money in a bad investment?

Interesting idea but didn't Hawkes lose his money due to a bad investment? It would be too repetitive. As for the kidnapping, I don't think it's too likely as Sid is keeping it pretty much a secret and it doesn't seem easy for a stranger to find out about it (it's not like someone having won the lottery or something in which case a picture might appear in the press or something)..
    ltcomstella wrote:

as for mac as soon as she sent him the email it was pretty clear and obvious she was the new love interest and the result was going to be slow going !

I don't mind about slow going as long as it keeps being well written

danharr

[8]Mar 1, 2012
    • level: 45

Good episode Sid freaking out over the money was a bit much but the case was fun and almost the whole team was involved so I liked it.