CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Episode 8x14 'Flash Pop' discussion thread

boom-moo

[1]Mar 28, 2012
    • level: 75
    Please post your opinions/comments/discussion topics on episode 8x14 "Flash Pop" here.

-Spoilers are not allowed.
    -Bashing ships/characters is not allowed.
    -Discussion is welcome, arguing is not.
    -Trolls won't be fed, I love my cookies.
    -Be respecful, keep it cool.

Thank you
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tonyandzivafan

[2]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 41

I really enjoyed this episode. Though I have a tendancy to enjoy those when you have a complete team effort. And we got to know other random lab techs, which was nice. So here are some more specific thoughts on the episode (not neccessarily in order).

*Loved the flashbacks and use of photography.

*Would have loved to have seen (when the flashbacks happened) a current cast member in the old but were you couldnt completely recognize them.

*And I am a bit lazy to go check back but was AJ before Hill in opening credits this season or is this a first?

*I am one to watch body language, etc when witnesses &/or possible suspects are questioned. And though something errked me about the victims best friend when Flack first spoke to her, I didnt peg her as the killer.

*Loved the scene with all of them and Mac saying only them were to process the evidence.

*Was it me or did anyone else think Adam looking disheveled. It made me think AJ is grieving (nothing wrong with that but that its still very raw and fresh to him). I wanted to hug him.

*So sweet that the other lab techs did a memorial service for one of their own.

*Back to the group scene.... when Adam left there was some odd pattern/ design on the back of his shirt. Any thoughts?

*Yay! for the cute DL-ness.

* As for the ending.... I am sorry but I still dont like Christine. I am glad Mac seems happy and all smiley. Really I am but I just dont like this.

boom-moo

[3]Apr 3, 2012
    tonyandzivafan wrote:

*And I am a bit lazy to go check back but was AJ before Hill in opening credits this season or is this a first?

Not a first at all, it's been like that for several seasons

If Jo solves the cold case I'm gonna forevermore.

Lol so Danny was all wrong about the bootprints after all. Whose were those then?

I really like how Mac and Christine are being written, if anything the slow but steady burn (certainly the fact that she didn't just randomly pop in his bed) and the fact that she took the first step to kiss him
    Edited on 04/03/2012 12:04am

tonyandzivafan

[4]Apr 3, 2012
    boom-moo wrote:
    Lol so Danny was all wrong about the bootprints after all. Whose were those then?

I guess maybe someone looking at the place.

Though I wonder if Lindsay reminded him he was wrong. Maybe a deleted scene.

boom-moo

[5]Apr 3, 2012
    But apparently they were just on the landing and not going into the house (as they had discarded those already).

tonyandzivafan

[6]Apr 3, 2012
    boom-moo wrote:
    But apparently they were just on the landing and not going into the house (as they had discarded those already).

Oh that's right. Likely a mistake or inconsistancy from TPTB then.

boom-moo

[7]Apr 4, 2012
    Forgot to mention that it was great having AJ back. There a couple of early mentions in the episode about him working on the cell phone and then on something else made by other characters so I thought he wouldn't be featured. I was gladly surprised that he did

tonyandzivafan

[8]Apr 4, 2012
    boom-moo wrote:
    Forgot to mention that it was great having AJ back. There a couple of early mentions in the episode about him working on the cell phone and then on something else made by other characters so I thought he wouldn't be featured. I was gladly surprised that he did

It was great to see him. Did you feel though he wasnt his normal self? I know the storyline we wouldnt have fun loving Adam but I got the feeling Adam's pain was more than the loss of a friend.

boom-moo

[9]Apr 4, 2012
    I can't read him all that well but I think he nailed his part (above all the bit where he stands for the other lab techs), whether he was grieving personal stuff or not.

tonyandzivafan

[10]Apr 5, 2012
    boom-moo wrote:
    I can't read him all that well but I think he nailed his part (above all the bit where he stands for the other lab techs), whether he was grieving personal stuff or not.

He did nail it. And that could be why I I thought he might be grieving about personal stuff. I know AJ best as Adam who is funny and afraid of Mac. I know this might sound weird since that scene was a short one but I kinda like some acknowledgement for AJ.

danharr

[11]Apr 8, 2012
    • level: 45

It was good the old case I didn't buy as a tie in but they tried to make it different and had to use some sort of angle.

GrandviewEagles

[12]Apr 10, 2012
    • level: 20
    boom-moo wrote:
    tonyandzivafan wrote:

Not a first at all, it's been like that for several seasons

True. It's always been, "With Hill Harper and Eddie Cahill" at the end. =)