CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Episode 9x01 'Reignited' discussion thread

boom-moo

[1]Sep 28, 2012
    • level: 75
    Please post your opinions/comments/discussion topics on episode 9x01 "Reignited" here.

-Spoilers are not allowed.
    -Bashing ships/characters is not allowed.
    -Discussion is welcome, arguing is not.
    -Trolls won't be fed, I love my cookies.
    -Be respecful, keep it cool.

Thank you
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jordinajamaica

[2]Sep 28, 2012
    • level: 42
    YAY!!!!!

boom-moo

[3]Sep 29, 2012
    Wow, such a good episode to start with!

Very nice about the hockey game, I love seeing the team out of work. I also loved how they incorporated Sid albeit briefly since he had no body to rip open for once.

As I've said elsewhere I'm really glad (so to speak of course, just for realism sake) about Mac having some side effects from the shooting. So far they have hardly ever addressed the topic and the team has very rarely looked the least bit traumatised at all by all the stuff they go through. I was hoping they'll address that when Adam (who isn't that used to being on the field, let alone back then) was kidnapped and tortured in Snow Day but we got none of it. Kutos to TPTB for that.

Lol at Lindsay standing up to defend Danny at the game. How tanned and hot is Carmine, btw? Thanks to TPTB for the eyecandy (Mac, Danny and Adam in casual clothes, how hot is Mac is his NYPD shirt and cap? )

Mac and Christine keep being adorable and what's more important, believable. So bittersweet when Mac is trying to remember the restaurant he is taking her too and fails and she thinks he is just making her guess.

All in all a very enjoyable episode, here is hope the rest of the season is just as good!

jordinajamaica

[4]Sep 29, 2012
    I completely agree with everything you've said BM!! It was a great start of season. The chapter was very well written and I really enjoyed watching it!

Flack looks great with just a nice shirt and simple trousers, no need to wear suits although I miss the ugly ties. I especially loved him when he called Adam baby at the Hockey game.

About Danny starting a fight. And you are right, BM, he looks really really really hot!! I loved Lindsay deffending his honor!!

In the last scene with Mac and Christine I almost cried... He was trying to cover up that he couldn't remember and she kept on guessing... I thought she was gonna find out... And I guess she will but for now we will enjoy them together. They really are a great couple!

Just 2 things I didn't like: Maybe there was a little bit too much violence? I mean the fight in the ice, the firemen kicking Leonard and then Flack punching the fireman several times... And the 2nd thing? Adam's hair!!! He needs a haircut right NOW!!!

Kudos for Rob Morrow playing a creepy guy!! I really loved him in Numb3rs and in Dr in Alaska, he's always played a good guy so this weirdo is kinda nice and he did really good!

I can't wati to see more of this season! It looks really promising!

boom-moo

[5]Sep 29, 2012
    jordinajamaica wrote:
    I especially loved him when he called Adam baby at the Hockey game.
    That was pretty hilarious indeed

jordinajamaica wrote:
    About Danny starting a fight.
    I was a bit distressed about it by then when I saw that Mac and the fireman didn't give it any importance I guess it is ok-ish in an ice hockey game. Not sure why Lindsay covers her face though. Is she ashamed of Danny starting the fight or worried about him getting hit?

jordinajamaica

[6]Sep 29, 2012
    I think it was more shame that fear... I kinda imagine her rolling her eyes under her hand! I felt the same about the fight but since no-one seemed worried I relaxed!

boom-moo

[7]Sep 29, 2012
    I also think it was more shame that fear, she was peering between her fingers though lol

jordinajamaica

[8]Sep 29, 2012
    Btw, did you notice any change on the credits ( I mean the song + images at the beninng of each chapter, not sure how it's called right now ) ??? I

boom-moo

[9]Sep 29, 2012
    I didn't notice any change. I'm terrible when it comes to different beats of the intro song but the images looked the very same to me. Did you?

jordinajamaica

[10]Sep 29, 2012
    Nope, I didn't... that's why asked because I'm really bad at it too, but usually they change something every year but not this time... *shrugs*

boom-moo

[11]Sep 29, 2012
    Good, I thought I had overlooked something. I don't think they changed anything either. Some of the scenes are really old, I'm a bit surprised they keep using them.

jordinajamaica

[12]Sep 29, 2012
    Yep... Danny's ones are one from Snow day and the other one from season 4's premiere...

boom-moo

[13]Sep 29, 2012
    The one with Flack rushing out of the car is also from Snow Day I think. I should rewatch that episode, it's a good one.

Anyway, I'll turn a blind eye and won't tsk tsk at TPTB about the credits as long as season 9 keeps being as good as the premiere

jordinajamaica

[14]Sep 29, 2012
    Yep! Me too!! IS there a new chapter next week??

boom-moo

[15]Sep 29, 2012
    Yes, a continuation on the premiere Will the cray cave in and set a fire?...

jordinajamaica

[16]Sep 29, 2012
    Then Flack will have a lot of reasons to tell Mac 'I told you so'....

danharr

[17]Sep 30, 2012
    • level: 45

Great season opener wonderful seeing the aftermath of Macks shooting. Now we have a bad guy "reignited" wow that title makes a lot of sense now.

GrandviewEagles

[18]Oct 1, 2012
    • level: 20
    I thought this was a great opening episode! I loved Lindsay at the hockey game. LOL She's proud of her hot-tempered policeman. I got sad when they zoomed in on Mac's scar from being shot on his back. I loved the continuation though. I'm not so fond of the fact that TPTB basically gave him brain damage. I don't like seeing Mac hurting. I thought the scenes with Christine were all really cute. I really like her and if Mac can't be with Stella than Christine is just fine. It broke my heart at the end when Mac couldn't remember what Christine's favorite meal was. I particularly liked this episode because the arsonist's name is Leonard Brooks and my last name is Brooks and the team kept saying it. Mac said it, Hawkes said it, Danny said it, Jo said it and Lindsay said it. It made me squee. =) So this means that over the nine seasons that CSI:NY has been on Gary has said my full name. He said "Amy" in the season one finale, What You See is What You See, he's dating a Christine (my middle name) and now Leonard Brooks. I think that is so cool. =)

boom-moo

[19]Oct 1, 2012
    GrandviewEagles wrote:
    I particularly liked this episode because the arsonist's name is Leonard Brooks and my last name is Brooks and the team kept saying it. Mac said it, Hawkes said it, Danny said it, Jo said it and Lindsay said it. It made me squee. =) So this means that over the nine seasons that CSI:NY has been on Gary has said my full name. He said "Amy" in the season one finale, What You See is What You See, he's dating a Christine (my middle name) and now Leonard Brooks. I think that is so cool. =)
    Aww that is so cute, Amy

My name is rarely mentioned in any show (not a common one I'm afraid) so I know the feeling Glad for you!

GrandviewEagles

[20]Oct 1, 2012
    • level: 20
    boom-moo wrote:
    GrandviewEagles wrote:
    I particularly liked this episode because the arsonist's name is Leonard Brooks and my last name is Brooks and the team kept saying it. Mac said it, Hawkes said it, Danny said it, Jo said it and Lindsay said it. It made me squee. =) So this means that over the nine seasons that CSI:NY has been on Gary has said my full name. He said "Amy" in the season one finale, What You See is What You See, he's dating a Christine (my middle name) and now Leonard Brooks. I think that is so cool. =)
    Aww that is so cute, Amy

My name is rarely mentioned in any show (not a common one I'm afraid) so I know the feeling Glad for you!

Thanks BM! my dad said he's gonna cut it together for me so he'll say the whole thing together. Lol