CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Episode 9x01 'Reignited' discussion thread

boom-moo

[21]Oct 1, 2012
    • level: 75
    GrandviewEagles wrote:
    Thanks BM! my dad said he's gonna cut it together for me so he'll say the whole thing together. Lol
    Omg, that is even cuter! Your dad rocks

***SPOILER***
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GrandviewEagles

[22]Oct 1, 2012
    • level: 20
    boom-moo wrote:
    GrandviewEagles wrote:
    Thanks BM! my dad said he's gonna cut it together for me so he'll say the whole thing together. Lol
    Omg, that is even cuter! Your dad rocks

***SPOILER***

I know I can't wait!

tonyandzivafan

[23]Oct 1, 2012
    • level: 41

Sorry for not doing this sooner but here are my thoughts after watching the premiere:

*Its seems like a lot of pills Mac has to take. And even I am writing watching it a second time I feared when I first saw this they make Mac have a drug problem this season.

* the hockey game scene: loved the in the stands coversations, especially Lindsay's and Sid's. And her yelling at whom ever made a crack about Danny... that had me Lol. Do. Not. Mess. With. Lindsay Messer (or family members). And I think Sid is officially afraid of her. And our boys playing hockey. Just . I'm a bit of a hockey girl at heart. Lets just say Lindsay was nice to that random person. And the fighting. I miss my college hockey boys.

*The fire scene... Did anyone elsehave an ominous feeling before the explosion happened that something was about to go terribly wrong? *shudders even watching it a second time*

*Opening sequence... Wasnt it supposed to be new? And not even new pics of the cast. I was a bit disappointed about that.

*Mac at the funeral and then the flash back with him trying to remember getting shot. It might seem odd but I totally understand him saying I want to know. And surprising.... I am warming up to Christine.

*Rob Morrow as the suspected fire starter. Sooooooo loved him in this role. Partly b/c I just adore the actor but its nice to see him in something different an being the bad guy or suspected one. Though the shabby look, I'm not loving. Those not famaliar with him.. google him. You might find him a bit more attractive.

*Anyone surprised Jo didn't interrogate Leonard instead of Mac?

*Flash back with the doctor. It broke my heart to think Mac can't remember certain things. I hope it gets better and it isnt permanent but.... I have a feeling he isnt going to get better. *smushes him*

*random but thoughts on Adam? I know he tried to make a joke and this case was intense, but again feeling that we wont have the same Adam we know. Crazy, I know.

*I liked how the case wrapped up too. In all honesty if the other fire starter got out alive she would have likely been dead via suicide by cop (personal opinion though).

*Finally, Awww's over romantic Mac. The flowers he gave Christine made me love him a bit more. But his memory about the restaurant or I should say lack there of made me sad.

boom-moo

[24]Oct 2, 2012
    tonyandzivafan wrote:
    Its seems like a lot of pills Mac has to take
    Yeah, I thought the same. And I don't think that any were for the memory loss (he only seemed to have reported it just now) so I guess they are to deal with pain

tonyandzivafan wrote:
    Mac at the funeral and then the flash back with him trying to remember getting shot.
    I think it was particularly lovely that he recalled about Christine's care and sweetness when she held his hand. Sometimes that is all that takes, holding someone's hand and being there for them The most simple of gestures are more powerful than words.

tonyandzivafan wrote:
    Anyone surprised Jo didn't interrogate Leonard instead of Mac?
    I wasn't since it was Mac's friend and it was personal for him but now that you mention it she didn't have much to do in this episode indeed.

tonyandzivafan wrote:
    again feeling that we wont have the same Adam we know. Crazy, I know.
    Oh wow, why? What do you find different in him?

danharr

[25]Oct 2, 2012
    • level: 45

I don't think a lot of pills are out of the question considering what Mac has gone though. I've had six subscriptions based on dental surgery so yeah getting shot will get you a lot of pills. I really hope they don't make Mac have a drug problem, he's the definition of strength and after all these years. Such a storyline would be cliche and ridiculous for his character.

tonyandzivafan

[26]Oct 2, 2012
    • level: 41

[QUOTE="boom-moo"]

tonyandzivafan wrote:
    tonyandzivafan wrote:
    Mac at the funeral and then the flash back with him trying to remember getting shot.
    I think it was particularly lovely that he recalled about Christine's care and sweetness when she held his hand. Sometimes that is all that takes, holding someone's hand and being there for them The most simple of gestures are more powerful than words.

tonyandzivafan wrote:
    Anyone surprised Jo didn't interrogate Leonard instead of Mac?
    I wasn't since it was Mac's friend and it was personal for him but now that you mention it she didn't have much to do in this episode indeed.

tonyandzivafan wrote:
    again feeling that we wont have the same Adam we know. Crazy, I know.
    Oh wow, why? What do you find different in him?

Gestures are def. more powerful than words. I can speak from experience,

True that it was Mac's friend therfore personal but with Jo's experience I thought she might come in at least. Maybe to play even good cop bad cop (Mac being bad/ angry and Jo being good).

Well appearance wise his face is fuller and I think that he has put on some weight. Not that anything is wrong with that. But other than that there was something in his eyes I saw last season at times that I see now. Could be sadness or grief. But as I said this episode was an emotional one as was the finale so I might be reading into things. My only suspicion, and forgive me from assuming that his fathers death is still very raw. to explain it better for those that dont pay atrention to body language, thinkof it like this... Someone could try to be funny to show they are ok but you can tell they are hurting. Its like saying you are fine after something sad happening but you just know its a lie. *sighs* I was too into Lie to Me and now read characters on all my shows.

boom-moo

[27]Oct 3, 2012
    tonyandzivafan wrote:

Well appearance wise his face is fuller and I think that he has put on some weight. Not that anything is wrong with that. But other than that there was something in his eyes I saw last season at times that I see now. Could be sadness or grief. But as I said this episode was an emotional one as was the finale so I might be reading into things. My only suspicion, and forgive me from assuming that his fathers death is still very raw.

Oh I see. I also think that he has put on some weight and even though I didn't reflect on his eyes, I agree that in the "what up?" scene he didn't seem to be fully living the joke.