TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Episode 9x02 'Where There's Smoke...' discussion thread

boom-moo

[1]Oct 3, 2012
    • level: 75
    Please post your opinions/comments/discussion topics on episode 9x02 "Where There's Smoke..." here.

-Spoilers are not allowed.
    -Bashing ships/characters is not allowed.
    -Discussion is welcome, arguing is not.
    -Trolls won't be fed, I love my cookies.
    -Be respecful, keep it cool.

Thank you
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jordinajamaica

[2]Oct 6, 2012
    • level: 42

I've just ended watching the chapter and I liked it too... Just a couple of things:

* THe new detective could be Angell's sister, they look too much alike, and I can see them making her a love interest for Flack and I don't like it... And what's up with the name? Jamie Lovato??? Sounds too much like Demi Lovato the Disney channel teenage broken star....

*Where was Lindsay??? Did she even say a line??? And Danny??? My guess is that we will have a powerful DL chapter soon since they almost weren't around in this one....

Edited on 10/06/2012 4:31am

boom-moo

[3]Oct 6, 2012
    Bleurgh, I don't like the way this Lovato detective has been introduced. Too much in our faces, too much of a badass, too much bum waving, too much string pulling, too much bra out... bleurgh, absolutely too much.

Very glad about the continuation on Mac's memory issue and absolutely over the moon about Danny having realized that something is off with him I thought it'd be Jo pulling her psychology knowledge *yawn* to call it first.

Not happy about Adam and Hawkes' hairstyle this season. I think that shorter suits both way better.

I really like Jo's outfit, thumbs up!

And another continuation bit that I liked was that the poisoned food came from Birabaum's Deli. It was mentioned some time ago (ep 6x17) that it is Mac's favourite, so I was hoping he would say that he knew the place well. Guess it wasn't continuation after all
    Edited on 10/06/2012 8:20am

danharr

[4]Oct 6, 2012
    • level: 45

Good resolution to the story arc thanks to our guest bad guys superior acting. Of course with a job that good they had to ruin it with the new chick. Really we're going to waltz into a police station beat somebody up and ask for desk and we should give you this cause you're hot? Oh you have a badge thanks for showing us and you have connections all over the force. Thanks csi ny for giving us all the cop show cliches in one fell swoop really needed a dose of tv monotony.

boom-moo

[5]Oct 6, 2012
    danharr wrote:

Thanks csi ny for giving us all the cop show cliches

Thumbs up, danharr!

GrandviewEagles

[6]Oct 7, 2012
    • level: 20
    I really liked this episode. I loved how many times they said, "Brooks" (my last name) So much more than the previous episode. It made me smile. It's like my own little piece of CSI:NY. lol. I'm not sure how I feel about Detective Lovato yet. I agree I didn't like the way she was introduced. Definitely way too much bra showing. I even commented on that to my dad. I think she is a lot like Jess though and I definitely think her and Flack have some chemistry I just wish they would've introduced her differently.

I loved Danny's concern for Mac and expressing it to Jo. That part definitely made me go, "Awwww."

Overall though I thought this was an excellent episode. =)

boom-moo

[7]Oct 8, 2012
    I fail to see Lovato that much like Jess. She has grown with 3 older brothers, she is a cop and she is brunette with long straight her but that's it for me (I don't find them that physically alike). I find Lovato to have an Aiden-ish vibe if anything. Now, I have nothing against sexual women, strong women, women taking the lead, etc but I find her extremely cocky, patronizing and sort of condescending. I hope it's because of her undercover job (which would be a cliche but hey) so here is hope she gets off her high horse and the arrogant vibe rubs off.