CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Episode 9x03 '2,918 Miles' discussion thread

boom-moo

[1]Oct 12, 2012
    • level: 75
    Please post your opinions/comments/discussion topics on episode 9x03 "2,918 Miles" here.

-Spoilers are not allowed.
    -Bashing ships/characters is not allowed.
    -Discussion is welcome, arguing is not.
    -Trolls won't be fed, I love my cookies.
    -Be respecful, keep it cool.

Thank you
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jordinajamaica

[2]Oct 13, 2012
    • level: 42
    I liked this one too! Lots of team work, even some DL and I liked Jamie better than in the first chapter she was in... I still think that sometimes she looks to much like Angell (I think it's the eyes..) but I loved seeing Flack smiling that much again...*sighs*

danharr

[3]Oct 13, 2012
    • level: 45

It was good and Jamie was much better this time around. I question our detectives going to find the girl alone in another jurisdiction but this is tv after all.

boom-moo

[4]Oct 13, 2012
    • level: 75
    Average episode for me. Not bad but not all that engaging. I actually enjoyed more the personal/private side to it than the case itself.

Lovato keeps kicking too many bums for my taste but I had to laugh at the screensaver prank. The only thing I like about her is that she makes Flack smile a lot.

Jo's man wasn't bad looking, you go Jo!

Lol, Mac was barely trotting when chasing after the guy in the park and somehow managed to catch him? The guy must have taken the scenic route and Mac a really good shortcut...

Dewbak75

[5]Oct 15, 2012
    • level: 18

The case-related stuff was decent but not great, but the character stuff for Jo was excellent. I've always liked the maturity in the Jo/Ellie relationship. Sure, Ellie's a teenager, and she acts like one, but does so realistically, without being a cliche. I hope we see more of Peter Horton in the future. I like him as an actor, and he's a good match with Sela Ward. And I noticed they had Ellie raise the possibility of moving to San Francisco to be closer to him, possibly as a plot point for the end of the season?

We saw more of the writers' intent for this season to "go home" with our team from time to time, and so far I like it. The days of the pure police procedural are done, we're in an era where character stories matter a lot more than they used to(one of the reasons I really like CSI:NY's companion show Blue Bloods, they have a very strong ensemble of well-written characters).

And can I just talk for a minute about how incredibly beautiful Sela Ward looked in this episode, not to mention the two before it? She's always been attractive, but she's kicked it up a notch this season. That scene at the beginning when she & her date were trying to undress each other was legitimately hot. At first I thought it was just the longer hair(which I'm a big fan of) and some tweaks to her wardrobe. But then I took another look at that last scene when she gets the video call from FBI Guy(whose character name eludes me right now), and compared it to how she looked when she first arrived in Season 7. I think Sela has slimmed down a little bit. Maybe she's just back in "fighting shape" after spending a few years mostly staying home with her family, I dunno. But at 56, she is making Father Time cry uncle.

evilcleo

[6]Oct 16, 2012
    • level: 2

Good episode overall. Engaging storyline, good character interaction, and we also got to take a road trip. They overdid overprotective Mommy Jo though. Great concept but too much time was spent on it. A beginning and ending scene would have got the point across. Still not sure about Flack's new love interest. I know the writers needed to keep his "types" constant but was a carbon copy ofAngelreally necessary?

haldrey

[7]Oct 16, 2012
    • level: 22
    Great episode overall, the group chemistry is back after the new addition.

GrandviewEagles

[8]Oct 28, 2012
    • level: 20
    Did anyone notice that the time stamp on the surveillance tape was 3:33am? My dad and I totally caught that and started freaking out. lol