CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Episode 9x05 'Misconceptions' discussion thread

boom-moo

[1]Oct 25, 2012
    • level: 75
    Please post your opinions/comments/discussion topics on episode 9x05 "Misconceptions" here.

-Spoilers are not allowed.
    -Bashing ships/characters is not allowed.
    -Discussion is welcome, arguing is not.
    -Trolls won't be fed, I love my cookies.
    -Be respecful, keep it cool.

Thank you
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jordinajamaica

[2]Oct 27, 2012
    • level: 42
    OMG!!! I never realised how underused was Flack's character until this chapter.... He was SOOOOOO amazing!! The first scene with him, cooking in a wife beater and singing... I was already drooling but when it turned out he was cooking for his doggie!! OMG!!! And then the answering his cellphone to his grandma bit was too funny! And of course the complicity with his sister... ANd 'Skinny is not a shape'!!! Go grandma!!! And... and.... In less words the WHOLE Flack storyline was PERFECT!!! I loved it!! And to make things better the case was very good too, and we keek getting continuity on Mac's aphasia... Great! This is going ot be one of my favorite chapters of the show ever and surprisingly for me it didn't have any DL moment!!!

boom-moo

[3]Oct 27, 2012
    • level: 75
    Nice case, very sad that the ex drug addict lost his life when he had fully kicked the habit and was about to become a father and all Ugh, the pedofile deserves a nice box of his own

Very lovely insight into Flack's life, very good comedic moments, very realistic clingy granny pulling out tricks to get to have lunch with her grandkids (and cooking their favourite dish no less, aww) all in all, very well done. Now I can't wait to get insight into every other character life!

It is indeed very hard to keep a balance between being a good friend and overstepping your bounds. Both Jo and Mac have a point (the former in caring, the later in wanting his private life to be respected). It is something that almost everyone can relate to, so I'm glad that they used Mac's aphasia to tackle something very human and everyday like as it is being a friend. It's as rewarding as hard at times.

I hope Mac can talk things up with Jo and Christine, it broke my hear watching him cry at the end of the episode! Christine totally cornered him with her "our relationship is based on trust" speech.

Well balanced episode, lots of the case and lots of the personal stuff. Looking forward to many more episodes like this one. Well done, TPTB

danharr

[4]Oct 28, 2012
    • level: 45

A good sad episode and what will become of Mack and all his secrets surrounding his recovery.

haldrey

[5]Oct 29, 2012
    • level: 22
    Amazing episode and more amazing was that they finally gave Flack center stage. Hey, Mac character is human after all.

-renn-

[6]Oct 30, 2012
    • level: 18
    There's something about Mac's aphasia that's bothering me. When he first realised he had that, he was having trouble finding words in ordinary conversation. But in this last episode, and maybe in the one before that too (not sure), it seems he only has trouble remembering - uttering, really - those pesky little colour words in specially designed exercises. Meanwhile, he has no problem AT ALL conducting complicated conversations about the case, full of specific cientific terms. I spent a lot of moments thinking "wasn't he supposed to have aphasia?". I know it would complicate things for the writers and for the episode rhythm, etc. But it feels wrong.