CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Episode 9x10 'The Real McCoy' discussion thread

boom-moo

[1]Dec 6, 2012
    • level: 75
    Please post your opinions/comments/discussion topics on episode 9x10 "The Real McCoy" here.

-Spoilers are not allowed.
    -Bashing ships/characters is not allowed.
    -Discussion is welcome, arguing is not.
    -Trolls won't be fed, I love my cookies.
    -Be respecful, keep it cool.

Thank you
    Edited on 12/06/2012 7:19am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danharr

[2]Dec 10, 2012
    • level: 45

The speak easy gimmick was new very surprised the walk threw a dark alley didn't end badly. Real interesting reveals with Adam didn't expect the abuse kid angle and we see Adam with a love interest good episode.

boom-moo

[3]Dec 10, 2012
    Aww at Mac and Christine, so lovely! (That woman deserves a monument, btw. I have a feeling that their dates get interrupted quite often).

Nice small D/L at the bar too, better than nothing.

The speakeasy bar was interesting indeed but not so much the case for me. Maybe it's because Adam's storyline totally stole the episode for me. Kudos to AJ on a great performance, he does comedy and drama equally well.

Loved how Mac took some distance without detaching himself and sought Adam at the end of the day. Adam opening up like that was adorable and hearbreaking. We finally got an inkling on the kind of abuse that he suffered and the huge impact that it stills has on his life. I guess that one never really grows up out of those memories but at least he won't repeat the cycle and would surely be a great father one day.

Adam's gf is beautiful and understanding, a must keep.

Looking forward to digging in Hawkes', Danny's and Sid's off time/personal lives.
    Edited on 12/10/2012 5:19am

haldrey

[4]Dec 13, 2012
    • level: 22
    The case, the Adam/father sub plot, the whole episode was plain great.

tonyandzivafan

[5]Dec 15, 2012
    • level: 41
    Really loved this episode. I've always wanted more of a mention on Adam's father and the abuse he suffered. It had to be twice as hard for him now b/c his dad's memory isn't great and at times honestly doesn't remember. While I knew it be heart breaking if we got more on that part of Adam's life but it had me at tears (almost as much as when Angell died and the moment Flack told Danny)... Gah! Just thinking about it makes me want to cry again. I'm just so proud of Adam to still care and take care of his dad despite everything. And very proud of AJ. *smushes him*. He seriously needs to be nominated for that performance. Well, I at least think he should but I'm a huge AJ/ Adam fan.

and I like his g/f too. Happy to see he is getting some lovin.

btw, is Adam's mom still alive? I'll post this in question thread if I don't get a response in a day or so.

boom-moo

[6]Dec 15, 2012
    tonyandzivafan wrote:
    btw, is Adam's mom still alive? I'll post this in question thread if I don't get a response in a day or so.
    It wasn't made clear during the episode. Adam's father tells him (in one of his non-lucid moments) that he went for a walk to try and find his wife because "she leaves a lot". It could be the she left him at some point or that she died.