CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Episode 9x11 'Command + P' discussion thread

boom-moo

[1]Jan 3, 2013
    • level: 75
    Please post your opinions/comments/discussion topics on episode 9x11 "Command +P" here.

-Spoilers are not allowed.
    -Bashing ships/characters is not allowed.
    -Discussion is welcome, arguing is not.
    -Trolls won't be fed, I love my cookies.
    -Be respecful, keep it cool.

Thank you
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tonyandzivafan

[2]Jan 4, 2013
    • level: 41
    Amazing episode after the hiatus. Loved the case. and squeeeees like a happy fan girl for the Flack and Lovato kiss. Did Flack try to play it that the kiss was only b/c of the bet? Really? When he said it it was almost as a cover in case Lovato didn't like him. He was too adorable.

And now to the shocker that I know will likely have many fans upset like it was. First, I cant believe I didnt even think Sid was the guardian angel before it was revealed. This might be corny but my hands are still shaking from when he said he had cancer. They better not kill him off, *crosses fingers and says a prayer* Also I freaked for a second that he was going to ask Jo to help end his life if the cancer got bad. Thankfully that wasnt the case. *squishy huggles Sid so tightly*

I will likely have more later.

btw, anyone know if Robert Joy (Sid), is sick in real life?

Syd_CB

[3]Jan 4, 2013
    • level: 15

One word. "Wow."

boom-moo

[5]Jan 5, 2013
    tonyandzivafan wrote:
    btw, anyone know if Robert Joy (Sid), is sick in real life?
    I don't think he is sick although I haven't heard anything but I really hope that's not the case.

Not fully warming up to Flack/Lovato here but at least they are done "playing ping-pong". That's something (and a nice pun too).

Wow at Sid being the anonymous benefactor, he is really made of awesome! ♥ And at him having cancer. Very sad way to wrap his character if season 9 turns out beign the last one, isn't it?

The case was interesting but the last 5 minutes stole the whole episode.

danharr

[6]Jan 5, 2013
    • level: 45

Knew cancer was coming as soon as Sid was revealed as the guardian angel. I'm not to excited about the new ship either Lovato still tries to hard.

ltcomstella

[7]Jan 5, 2013
    • level: 18

sid being the 'donor' predictable...

flac and that chick FINALLY doing something predictable

sid 'dying' saw that too (*why else give money away)

jo's reaction ? nicely done and thought it may happen later in season

other than not a bad episode

sithlord992

[8]Jan 5, 2013
    • level: 9

Didn't they only just do this same plot on csi Vegas ???

boom-moo

[9]Jan 5, 2013
    ltcomstella wrote:

jo's reaction ? nicely done and thought it may happen later in season

Sorry if you already know but this season is only 17 episodes long. I find ep 11 a weird choice for Sid's sickness to be brought about.

tonyandzivafan

[10]Jan 5, 2013
    I thought it was weird too. Though, and this is could me be being hopeful but if we get the show for another season so they are starting it (Sid dealing with cancer). Its likely TPTB way of throwing everything they can this season at us. Things they might not have dared to do in the past. Like loveable Sid having cancer. *smushes him again*

lanamissy

[11]Jan 6, 2013
    • level: 8

I was just happy that the show was starting up again. It took way to long for the new episode to come on. Anyway, I loved this episode!!! Sure there were a few things that I saw coming, but it had an amazing plot. And the case, interesting weapon. The ending made me cry a little. CryAll in all, awesome!!!

Edited on 01/06/2013 1:41am

boom-moo

[12]Jan 6, 2013
    tonyandzivafan wrote:
    Its likely TPTB way of throwing everything they can this season at us. Things they might not have dared to do in the past.
    Maybe but if that's the case then I hope they can wrap all those things up in a satisfactory way if this season turns out being the last one. I know that not every story has a happy ending (if anything this show teaches us that much). However, I really wish that's not gonna be Sid's case and he is shown in the road to recovery.

tonyandzivafan

[13]Jan 8, 2013

Cross posting this in spoiler thread. Promise no spoilers are in here. Though if you click on the link you will learn more. So if you are spoiler free don't click the link. Some spoilers in the link talk about other episodes, so be awate of that when choosing whether or not to click the link.

STOP, IN THE NAME OF LOVE | On the happier note, "Flavato" fans — aka those who've been wanting Detectives Flack and Lovato (played by Eddie Cahill and Natalie Martinez) to become partners in a very different way — saw the new year get off to a promising start, as the duo went on a date (and even got a bit physical).

That the procedural took this leap with a workplace romance was almost happenstance. Recalling the addition of Martinez for Season 9, Callaway says, "It wasn't a case of, 'We're going to cast this woman to be Don Flack's girlfriend.' That was the furthest thing from our minds." But when the writers first saw Cahill and Martinez on screen together, "We all sat around with dumb smiles on our faces saying, 'There's something here.' And then we begin to write to it. The chemistry was abundant, and we took it to the next level."

And

RICH MAN, POOR MAN More significantly, CSI: NY's winter premiere shared two big reveals about Sid. One was surfaced by Jo, who discovered that an anonymous "Guardian Angel" who'd been gifting downtrodden individuals with million-dollar checks was none other than the mild-mannered M.E. But it's the why of Sid's largesse that shook longtime fans: As confided to Jo, he's been diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma.

Callaway says that series vet Robert Joy was given a heads-up on this twist "early on" in the season, "because Bob is not only an extraordinary actor, he's just someone that is a wonderful human being." And since Callaway wrote the Season 8 episode in which Sid got (very) rich from a patent, "I wanted to tell the next chapter in that story."

And the link: http://tvline.com/2013/01/04/csi-ny-season-9-spoilers-flack-lovato-sid/
    Remember dont click the link if you dont want to be spoiled!

haldrey

[14]Jan 9, 2013
    • level: 22
    Great episode but something smell fishy. Sid's cancer storyline looks like the beginning of the end.

JoieColobong

[15]Jan 10, 2013
    • level: 1

I was in complete shock when Sid revealed he had cancer. I totally didn't see it coming. But I loved his spiel about how he wanted to know what kind of difference he'd made in those people's lives by giving them the money. I hope they don't kill Sid off (although with the show's future in limbo, there's no telling at this point what'll happen after the season finale in February)...

boom-moo

[16]Jan 13, 2013
    Robert Joy had been prepped for the curve "CSI: NY" threw him, but that didn't necessarily make it easier for him to play.

"To have such a meaty scene in a police procedural was something beyond my expectations," Joy tells Zap2it. "I was warned about it, so I knew the big news would be coming.

"Watching the whole episode, I was amazed by how Sela was such an anchor," Joy reflects. "She's the one who's hit with the news. Sid has known this for some time, so she had to take the blow, and she really showed what a thoroughbred she is in the acting department. You realize what resources she has a performer, and how deep she can go. That's an incredible blessing for us."

"When I count the number of things Sid has been interested in over these eight years I've been on the show, it's kind of amazing," Joy muses. "He's a chef, he's a ballroom dancer, he's always been someone who tries to live life to the fullest. And now, that dial has been turned up and everything is more urgent for him."

***Linked source contains spoilers*** Source.

GrandviewEagles

[17]Jan 15, 2013
    • level: 20
    I just have one thins to say about this episode..FLavoto!! I was so excited for this. I love how they did it. I look forward to see what else is in store for them.