CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Episode 9x12 'Civilized Lies' discussion thread

boom-moo

[1]Jan 10, 2013
    • level: 75
    Please post your opinions/comments/discussion topics on episode 9x12 "Civilized Lies" here.

-Spoilers are not allowed.
    -Bashing ships/characters is not allowed.
    -Discussion is welcome, arguing is not.
    -Trolls won't be fed, I love my cookies.
    -Be respecful, keep it cool.

Thank you
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tonyandzivafan

[2]Jan 12, 2013
    • level: 41
    I enjoyed this episode but it wasn't a favorite. Though after the of last week's news, it be hard to top it. I was impressed with the fake-outs and the cgi. I cant imagine though having to pretend a well loved fellow officer is still alive to fake out a suspect though. *huggles them*

Even though I know Lovato wasnt being mean in doubting Flack (her saying he was being soft) I wanted yell at her. Thankfully she wised up. I hope she doesn't doubt him elsewise/where. And yes I am actually talking about *that*.

boom-moo

[3]Jan 13, 2013
    • level: 75
    The case was good, I liked the episode overall but I don't find like I have anything to say in particular about it. It was "good" to see Mac all pissed off, it doesn't happen that often and it's the most powerful because of it. I wouldn't want to get on his bad side either.

On the shallow side, I heartily approve of Adam's haircut, he was very hot. And speaking of hotness, Danny in the light blue shirt..... *swoons*

mrivera

[4]Jan 14, 2013
    • level: 10
    The racial pandering on this show and others like it is getting disgusting. It must be a prime directive in Hollywood never to cast blacks as villains. In this case, the murderers are white folks in black man masks. Really? Call me a racist but try to remember the last time a black person was the perp of the week in ANY popular TV crime drama.

danharr

[5]Jan 15, 2013
    • level: 45

Wow white people are not the criminals in all serial cop shows. CSI's franchise has black villains all the time and Criminal Minds so get off of it . The episode was based on a real criminal using a black mask to commit crimes and as to the episode it was an okay outing nothing special.

GrandviewEagles

[6]Jan 15, 2013
    • level: 20
    I thought this episode was a really good one! I loved how well the team worked together on this one and Flack's performances in the interrogation room was awesome! I really enjoyed this episode.

mrivera

[7]Jan 28, 2013
    • level: 10
    danharr: Oh really? I've been watching all versions of CSI, Law and Order, Rizzoli and Isles Criminal Minds, and a few others for many years . They average one black perp every other season. It's a fact that in NYC, just 4% of the homicides are committed by whites but in TV crime dramas, it's 99%.The few series that had more, like Law and Order: Trial by Jury, Chicago Code, and Southland, quickly get yanked from the network. I'll grant that only NCIS: LA seems to be an exception, but not the original NCIS. Sorry but the casting for the role of weekly killer is strictly a whites only club. No diversity there.