CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Episode 9x16 'Blood Actually' discussion thread

boom-moo

[1]Feb 14, 2013
    • level: 75
    Please post your opinions/comments/discussion topics on episode 9x16 "Blood Actually" here.

-Spoilers are not allowed.
    -Bashing ships/characters is not allowed.
    -Discussion is welcome, arguing is not.
    -Trolls won't be fed, I love my cookies.
    -Be respecful, keep it cool.

Thank you
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danharr

[2]Feb 16, 2013
    • level: 45

I have my doubts about a valentines day themed episode but it was decent. Can't believe that chick killed her husband over such a misunderstanding. Lesson learned don't surprise your other look what happened allegedly in South Africa this week.

boom-moo

[3]Feb 16, 2013
    Me too and yeah, it was rather good. The cases were ok, more sad than bloody or brutal and these always have a different, deeper impact on me. And yup, silly crazy stuff happens. Shame...

Bit worried about Sid medicating at work and overlooking stuff. That wrist stamp was very visible.

I missed getting a peek into Adam's date and I wonder if Hawkes is still dating his gf.

Mac and Christine were adorable beyond words (I'd love to know what he had written in the card and even more to get to slow dance with him and be held and stroked so!), Danny and Lindsay were too cute (I hope that Lucy settled quickly and let them have their "celebration"), Ellie was quite surprising and Flack... well, he didn't fool me but I didn't think he'd orchestrate such a beautiful surprise. He is really willing to move forward and go with his heart, it makes me happy

Danny pointing out that he and Christine are made for each other... I feel exciting news coming up in the finale!

And lmao at Adam hugging Mac

Questions:

-The young Sheldon picture was photoshopped, right?

-Danny rubbing Lindsay's belly and saying 'there's my little boy'... wishful thinking on his part or a fact? At first I thought that it was wishful thinking (it hasn't been long since we've had the news of Lindsay's pregnancy but then maybe there's a bigger time gap in the show between episodes than in real life) but then I noticed that Lindsay didn't say that it could be a girl (or maybe she is just letting him be happy in his bubble until proven otherwise?)

Is it Friday yet?!
    Edited on 02/16/2013 3:48pm
    Edited 2 total times.

haldrey

[4]Feb 18, 2013
    • level: 22
    It was a really 'nice' valentine's day episode. Good light cases, not heavy on drama but another episode that gave me the feeling that they are wrapping up the show, I hope that my feelings are completely wrong.

boom-moo

[6]Feb 18, 2013
    I've that feeling for some episodes too, I guess it's good that they try to wrap things up as nicely as possible just in case the show isn't renewed just like they've done in the past. They can always retake where they left it and I surely hope that's the case.

One thing I forgot to mention in my previous entry... has Mac's aphasia been addressed at all since he confessed the truth of it to Christine? I would have appreciated some continuity.

tonyandzivafan

[8]Feb 18, 2013
    • level: 41
    boom-moo wrote:
    One thing I forgot to mention in my previous entry... has Mac's aphasia been addressed at all since he confessed the truth of it to Christine? I would have appreciated some continuity.

I wondered that too. There is no way he suddenly is all better. Well he could be since this is tv.

Anyways.... Loved the episode. And I know Mac and Christine at the end was a favorite. While I did love that, I loved Flack/ Lovato 100 times more. He didn't have to go as far as he did. *smushes romantic Flack*

I lol at Adam hugging Mac. I was so worried for a second he wasnt going to be able to meet his girlfriend though.

And little Lindsay... well not so little but her interupting some DL lovin at the last second made me smile. I was waiting for it to be honest.

While I believe the Hawkes pic was photoshoped and don't know if Hill was ever heavy when he was younger.

Sid worried me too. I thought Danny was going to catch him. Though Danny might have somewhat caught him but not sure what &/or figured if it was anything big Sid would tell him. The pill bottle could have been antibiodics (despite fans knowing the truth). If we do get renewed someone else will realize something is up one way or another. They wouldnt be good at their jobs if they didnt notice &. or suspect something. *smushes Sid*

boom-moo

[9]Feb 19, 2013
    tonyandzivafan wrote:
    I wondered that too. There is no way he suddenly is all better. Well he could be since this is tv.
    Sounds like lazy writing to me

tonyandzivafan wrote:
    And little Lindsay... well not so little but her interupting some DL lovin at the last second made me smile. I was waiting for it to be honest.
    Little Lucy

tonyandzivafan wrote:
    Sid worried me too. I thought Danny was going to catch him. Though Danny might have somewhat caught him but not sure what &/or figured if it was anything big Sid would tell him. The pill bottle could have been antibiodics (despite fans knowing the truth). If we do get renewed someone else will realize something is up one way or another. They wouldnt be good at their jobs if they didnt notice &. or suspect something. *smushes Sid*
    I don't think that Danny saw anything but if he would have, he might as well have thought that it was aspirin or whatever considering Sid had a full house and might have been tired/have a headache... Sid could have gotten away with it easily.

Mac did address Sid a sort of concerned look after he missed the stamp and was taking the pictures so he might be the one to put two and two together eventually.