CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Episode 9x17 'Today is Life' discussion thread

boom-moo

[1]Feb 21, 2013
    • level: 75
    Please post your opinions/comments/discussion topics on episode 9x17 "Today is Life" here.

-Spoilers are not allowed.
    -Bashing ships/characters is not allowed.
    -Discussion is welcome, arguing is not.
    -Trolls won't be fed, I love my cookies.
    -Be respecful, keep it cool.

Thank you
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tonyandzivafan

[2]Feb 22, 2013
    • level: 41

I will edit this post or continue but for East Coasters.... I might be the only one but super exicted and love the opening. *crosses fingers that our favorite NYers all come out ok (or at worse with some scrapes and brusies from kicking a@@*

*leaves multiple baskets of the CSI NY cast shaped brownies in white and reg. chocolate* Fat free ones are marked for those that want to stay healthy. And Lovato is included in the baskets.

Edit: *does happy dance sitting down since I have a bad knee* But before that back to the case. I beleived the cop that he was shot at though I knew the victim didnt dump the gun. Therefore I thought someone else shot at the cop and in a panic the cop shot the wrong person. I just never thought the kid was innocent and there were 2 other scumbags out there.

Then of course Jo made me reallllly nervous. Thankfully she was right.

Bravo on the vics g/f. She could easily and understandably continued the hate towards the officer that killed as she put it, 'the love of her life.' But she realized it was the 2 jerks (I'd use another word but it get blocked) that are the gulity ones.

Now onto the happy dance. As soon as Mac stared at the ring my face lit up. I was really worried it get cut off b4 Christine answered or we see Mac buy a ring and nothing else. I was seriously muttering omg, omg, omg, just say those four words: will you marry me (I loved the speech even though Mac siad he didnt have one, but I just wanted him to say it). Quick side note: some of you that know me I haven't always been the biggest fan of Christine. Didnt hate her just the track record of Mac's love life not being great I didnt want him to get hurt. That said I was and still am so happy about the proposal. When I came downstairs my mom actually said: Were you jumping for joy?

Oh... and I loved Christine's reaction. *squishy huggles the both* I so hope we get a season 10 now!

Edited on 02/22/2013 7:31pm

jordinajamaica

[3]Feb 23, 2013
    • level: 42
    I knew it!!! I called it a couple of weeks ago!! He proposed!! I'm really happy! As a finale I missed more team moments although the last few minutes with all of them on the roof having something to drink was really great. I really hope it's just a season finale not a series finale... This last season has been really great and after 9 years I would really miss this show.

Just another note, kuddos to the girl playing the girlfriend, she was absolutely amazing!

boom-moo

[4]Feb 23, 2013
    tonyandzivafan wrote:

I beleived the cop that he was shot at though I knew the victim didnt dump the gun. Therefore I thought someone else shot at the cop and in a panic the cop shot the wrong person. I just never thought the kid was innocent and there were 2 other scumbags out there.

That's how I imagined it as well. A bit too much of a coincidence for Keith (the perp) and Timothy (the innocent victim) to wear the same clothes but hey, other than that it was a solid and great case.

tonyandzivafan wrote:
    Bravo on the vics g/f. She could easily and understandably continued the hate towards the officer that killed as she put it, 'the love of her life.' But she realized it was the 2 jerks (I'd use another word but it get blocked) that are the gulity ones.
    Loved her reaction as well, it's not easy to overcome the grief after such a loss and keep a cool head.

jordinajamaica wrote:
    kuddos to the girl playing the girlfriend, she was absolutely amazing!
    Agreed, what a great actress!

Totally knew that her karpe diem words had touched Mac deep down and then had no doubt that Mac was going to propose when he just stood there staring at the ring. They had been building on to the proposal moment for the few last episodes and this one was the perfect brooch to bring it on. Omg, squeeeee! I'm such a happy camper

tonyandzivafan wrote:
    I loved Christine's reaction.
    Me too! Loved that she said that it was exactly how she had imagined it. I certainly imagined that Mac would orchestrate something different but hey, all spur of the moment and all, it was all kinds of perfect as it was indeed

The roof scene was lovely, all the little gestures: D/L, Flack/Lovato and Jo/Sid... just great!

This has been a really good season altogether, we need a series 10!

_Chumbo_

[5]Feb 23, 2013
    • level: 4
    Great episode. Too bad such a short season. I wonder why only 17 episodes rather than 22? I was taken aback when I saw it advertised as the season finale...in February!

boom-moo

[6]Feb 23, 2013
    Too short indeed (And too long to have news on the renewal!)

Forgot to mention that I loved Adam having initiative and going back to the scene. Lol at him telling Mac off for not picking up the phone and and I had to lmao picturing him melting in with the crowd, shouting and stuff to gain access to the precinct.

AYColumbia

[7]Feb 23, 2013
    • level: 1
    Yeah, it ended like it was a series finale which would suck. That narrative by Mac during the close is what makes me think it may be the series finale. It felt like the show (Bogart) was walking into the midnight fog and gone forever. Hopefully not.

boom-moo

[8]Feb 23, 2013
    With the future of the show uncertain I appreciate it that they write the season finales as if they were show finales. I'd rather have that than unwrapped stuff if the show is cancelled.

haldrey

[9]Feb 24, 2013
    • level: 22
    It had all the makings of a series finale, i hope I am wrong!

boom-moo

[10]Feb 24, 2013
    Maybe even more so than 8x18 indeed but here we are, right?

Dec1964

[11]Feb 28, 2013
    • level: 35

haldrey wrote:

So do i.

danharr

[12]Mar 1, 2013
    • level: 45

It was good I was worried when the lame ambulance escape sequence came and went but they recovered greatly.

dh4645

[13]Apr 25, 2013
    • level: 15
    haldrey wrote:

i think it was a great SERIES finale.

ha.

i'm fine if it ends. trying to watch less tv anyway.

SandraMader

[14]Aug 13, 2013
    • level: 2

I'm glad to see it ended the series as well as it could. The season was great but the writers started treating it like a soap opera rather apolice crime showwith all these problems of the characters. I don't expect them to be perfect but the personal drama shouldn't overshadow the police case.