CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Episode Club Season 2 - Summer Hiatus

saleblanc

[1]May 28, 2008
    • level: 32

Well as of today May 28th we have 119 days until the premiere, if the dates are correct. That being said last summer we came up with an idea to help pass the time, called the Episode Club. We also utilized it during the writers strike. I thought it would be a good idea to get it going again this summer. We seemed to have a lot of fun with it, so for those new here this is how it works. It's kinda like a book club. Anyone who is interested can participate and it's real easy.

Just like we normally do during the season, an episode is picked and watched and then discussed. The thing that's been learned, especially watching older episodes, you forget things and you have differing perspectives so episodes sometimes take on a new and different meanings.

Now since last summer we've had some members get busy and don't have the chance to visit the site as much so I thought that we simply opening the club on a weekly basis. Not necessarily having a member list. I think by taking it week by week, members who have the opportunity to participate can and we'll get more feedback and participation.

Now as to how the episodes are selected. I've already spoken with Laura, our hard working editor, who has generously volunteered to pick our first episode. As for the next week my suggestion would be that Laura invite a participant of this week to select next week. We'll try to make sure everyone gets a chance. It might even be a case of members volunteering like Laura did, this way we can keep the club going this summer.

For new members to the forum, what we do is each week the person who selects the episode simply opens a thread. The title of the thread should be "Episode Club Season 2 - Week 1" or whatever week it happens to be. It can be as simple or elaborate as you wish. Some members simply give you the episode. Others sometimes include pictures or reasons for their choice. It's all up to the individual.

Listed below are episodes that have been recently viewed. Please keep in mind that some members may not have access to season four available.

Episodes Selected

1. Blink
    2. Hush
    3. The Dove Commission *
    4. Blood, Sweat & Tears
    5. Cool Hunter
    6. Tanglewood
    7. Trapped
    8. Run Silent, Run Deep *
    9. Love Run Cold
    10. Zoo York
    11. All Access *
    12. Risk
    13. Crime and Misdemeanor
    14. City of the Dolls
    15. On The Job
    16. Charge of this Post
    17. Supermen
    18. Risk
    19. A Daze of Wine and Roaches
    20. Murder Sings The Blues
    21. Run Silent, Run Deep
    22. Consequences
    23. Til Death Do We Part
    24. Not What It Looks Like
    25. Stealing Home
    26. All In The Family

NOTE: For every * next to an episode, that is how many additional times the episode has been picked.

Edited on 08/17/2008 10:31am
    Edited 5 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gwenpiper24

[2]May 29, 2008
    • level: 31
    great, i was thinking about it the other day. definitely count me in!!
    i'll be here this summer, i have absolutely no idea what i'm doing!

NYCarbon

[3]May 29, 2008
    • level: 17
    count me in SAL! who starts off?

saleblanc

[4]May 29, 2008
    I figured that we let the word spread for a few days and then Laura's gonna kick it off for us....

blue_fish24

[5]May 29, 2008
    • level: 18
    Sounds like a great idea. I'm in.

laurameyer

[6]May 29, 2008
    • level: 58

saleblanc wrote:
    I figured that we let the word spread for a few days and then Laura's gonna kick it off for us....

Hi All,

I have the episode picked I picked it for two reasons We forget about Hawkes and I picked it because of an upcoming spoiler I read.

The episode is Murder sings The Blues! The episodes has Sheldon's phone number ending up as a clue and gets him in trouble with Mac!

Chanouel

[7]May 29, 2008
    • level: 19
    laurameyer wrote:

saleblanc wrote:

Hi All,

I have the episode picked I picked it for two reasons We forget about Hawkes and I picked it because of an upcoming spoiler I read.

The episode is Murder sings The Blues! The episodes has Sheldon's phone number ending up as a clue and gets him in trouble with Mac!

Good choice Laura, I love that episode!

gwenpiper24

[8]May 29, 2008
    great choice. i really like the episode.

D-Danni

[9]May 29, 2008
    • level: 9

Great choice!!

I remember the good days when we first started this... aww i had to wait till 10th before i could get Zoo York up (all time favourite episode)

*Sighs and smiles to self*

misschoo

[10]May 30, 2008
    • level: 13
    Great choice Laura, definatly count me in on this one!
    Like Gwen, it's unlikely that I'll be doing anything else this summer!

saleblanc

[11]May 30, 2008

Excellent..... Laura picked, I'll kick off the discussion. I'll make my comments by case...Ok here we go..

I always thought the Blue Train Parties, less the murder, where a very NYC thing and sounded like a lot of fun. After reading the novels (see blog) I found the opening scene with Mac and Peyton at the opera very interesting. In the books the Opera was Claire's thing. I think in hind sight had Hawkes simply mentioned that the victim looked familiar right from the git go, trouble would have been averted. But then we wouldn't have had a Doc centric episode which I loved. Some one explain to me why poor Lindsay always gets the subway cars, in this episode plus Risk, Dancing w/the fishes (yeah I know that was a tram) and wasn't she even given the subway car in The Thing About Heroes. Guess she's an expert by now. Loved how Lindsay pushed for following the evidence and not immediately going to McQuinn. I also thought that it was very unbelievable that McQuinn with his background is friends with the mayor. I laughed at Hawkes and Lindsay on the club car with Hawkes and his pen light, a CSIs best friend and it's multi-purpose. Now regardless of who it's directed at I've always had a hard time watching Mac chew someone out. I know it's his job, but in this episode I think the hardest thing about it was it was done in front of a room full of techs and Lindsay. The one thing I picked up on was I thought it was absolutely miraculous that all of the pieces of the crystal flask were found. Convenient. With McQuinn knowing Mac from his last arrest shouldn't have sound so cocky with his "can't prove a thing" 'Cause anyone that knew Mac would now better. The final scene between Mac and Hawkes was kinda nice, Mac telling him that an arrest was made, hence keeping him in the loop and Hawkes explaining his position. Also the scene with Peyton and Mac finally finishing his BDay celebration with the vending machine. It's great have someone who understands that disruptions come with the job.

Now as for our drowned play boy. That's a great cleaning service that has maids clean while dressed in negligees while the owner isn't even around. I was laughing at Danny investigating the vaccum hook up and his comment about really hating rich people. Which we learned about Danny from Dancing with the Fishes. I love Stella stating the obvious of a wedding topper. How many of you thought it was just gross when Danny going through the vaccum link and finding a condom.... now that's just gross. How many cakes did Flack have to order and eat just to get access to the cake topper? The one thing I picked up on this time was nutty Veronica giving mixed reactions. When Stella and Flack first interviewed her in her new client's apartment, it was just run of the mill, not the emotional breakdown when she was interviewed at the precinct. Nuts is right.

Overall, again a great choice Laura. I say we leave the discussion open for a few days and Laura if you want to contact or if someone wants to volunteer, we should have the new thread for the new episode up by Wednesday.

Edited on 05/31/2008 2:01pm
    Edited 3 total times.

saleblanc

[12]Jun 2, 2008

Sorry to double post - but I wanted to bump the thread.

I also had an idea. What does everyone think of simply having one thread for the Eppy Club for the Summer. I think it would avoid cluttering the forum with what might be a small thread. Maybe even simply pinning it??

Just curious.....

laurameyer

[13]Jun 2, 2008
    • level: 58
    saleblanc wrote:

Sorry to double post - but I wanted to bump the thread.

I also had an idea. What does everyone think of simply having one thread for the Eppy Club for the Summer. I think it would avoid cluttering the forum with what might be a small thread. Maybe even simply pinning it??

Just curious.....

This would be for the whole summer right?

saleblanc

[14]Jun 2, 2008

Exactly..... I know last summer we had some clutter with some of the eppy threads only having a dozen or so posts. So I thought to keep the clutter down and have everything in one spot, have just one thread.

I'll keep the list of the selected episodes updated, so when someone wants to pick, the list is readily available on the first post. Selecting a new episode, say every Wednesday and discussing until the following Wednesday.

What do you think???

Edited on 06/02/2008 8:11pm

gwenpiper24

[15]Jun 3, 2008
    sounds like a good idea. it would avoid clutter.

NYCarbon

[16]Jun 3, 2008
    • level: 17
    In Murder Sings the Blues, BYOB was mentioned a lot: what does it mean?

misschoo

[17]Jun 3, 2008
    • level: 13
    Well I always thought it meant
    Bring your own beer/booze..
    But I think someone said something along the lines of "Bring your own Blue" in the eppy..
    Could of course just be me imagining it, like I do sometimes!

mickeyDs4

[18]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 10

NYCarbon wrote:
    In Murder Sings the Blues, BYOB was mentioned a lot: what does it mean?

When it is said on a party invitation it normally refers to "Bring Your Own Booze".

saleblanc

[19]Jun 5, 2008

Okay Gang...

It's Thursday. Any volunteers to pick the next episode?

mickeyDs4

[20]Jun 5, 2008
    • level: 10
    How about Run Silent Run Deep? It is my absoulte favorite episode ever!