CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

General Q&A thread

marialisa18

[21]Oct 6, 2006
    • level: 2

sugah66 wrote:
    ^^ Marialisa gave you the link to the general category, but a lot of us in the M&Ms club write fanfics ourselves and generally post the links to our individual stories.

And not wanting to sound like I'm sucking up but if you are after really good D/L fan fic the best place to start is with Sugah's stories

It brighten's my day when I get an email telling me she's posted a new story or the next chapter of a longer fanfic (last piece of cake, hint )

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sugah66

[22]Oct 9, 2006
    • level: 12
    Aside from Stolen Glances and DLC, does anyone know where I can get video clips? I promised someone I'd make a Danny-centered video to Justin Timberlake's "Sexy Back", but I need more Danny clips.

islandgirl0101

[23]Oct 10, 2006
    • level: 10

Can anyone help I want to know the name of the theme song for CSI NY it is the only one I have no idea what the title for the song is.  I know it is by The Who, but I can't remember the name Please Help.

Thanks so much.

sugah66

[24]Oct 10, 2006
    islandgirl0101 wrote:

Can anyone help I want to know the name of the theme song for CSI NY it is the only one I have no idea what the title for the song is.  I know it is by The Who, but I can't remember the name Please Help.

Thanks so much.

CSI: NY's theme song is "Baba O'Riley" by the Who. Sometimes mistakenly called "Teenage Wasteland."

islandgirl0101

[25]Oct 10, 2006
    Thanks, I could have sworn it was Teenage Wasteland, It would have driven me nuts if I didn't find the name out.  Thanks sooooo much.

marialisa18

[26]Oct 11, 2006
    • level: 2

Hi

I know that Mac used to be a Marine but do we know when he left the Marine Corps?

nyjunkie

[27]Oct 11, 2006
    What's the name of the song that plays at the end of Hung out to dry?

piratepixie-vix

[28]Oct 13, 2006

Ok Sugah, i know i'm probably just being a 'tard, but  i still cannot get my user icon to change. I go to prefs, then 'select an icon set', then it wont let me paste a URL anywhere, it wont let me click in the big white box beneath it!!

Anyone help?

sugah66

[29]Oct 13, 2006
    piratepixie-vix wrote:

Ok Sugah, i know i'm probably just being a 'tard, but  i still cannot get my user icon to change. I go to prefs, then 'select an icon set', then it wont let me paste a URL anywhere, it wont let me click in the big white box beneath it!!

Anyone help?

Oh, you can't put your own icons in there. You select from a predetermined group. When you click the list arrow, you should get a list of groups that you can pick from. Like mine is "Lilo and Stitch". Then when you select which group you want, a bunch of icons will pop up in the white box at the bottom, and then you pick which icon you want.

Try it now.

Saphira2312

[30]Oct 13, 2006
    • level: 1
    There is this tune that I have heard often on CSI. It is on the Season 1 DVDs (I don't know if it's just the UK version as that's what I have) at the screen which first comes up. I have also heard it on Season 1 Episode 17 "The Fall" when Danny and Aiden are examining some evidence, around 15 minutes into the episode. It's really annoying me what the tune is. Can you help?

My other question is, how do I friend people as such? I can't work out how to do it.

CSI_Fiona

[31]Oct 13, 2006

Saphira2312 wrote:
    My other question is, how do I friend people as such? I can't work out how to do it.

To "Friend" people you have to click on track this person.

Saphira2312

[32]Oct 13, 2006
    • level: 1
    Thanks, mind if I friend you?

piratepixie-vix

[33]Oct 13, 2006

Huh...well the only thing in my drop down menu is 'Select an icon set', nothing else!!!

At least i'm not being a complete 'tard!

suzpsycho

[34]Oct 13, 2006
    • level: 14
    pixie, I have the same problem. And Fiona, thanx for the 'friending' info. I am VERY new to this.

Mystik225

[35]Oct 14, 2006
    • level: 6

Sugah, I love the fanfics you've done. But I noticed in M&M's #3 (Yes, I lurked before joining) that the posts where people linked their video or fanfic would get buried quickly. Would it be possible to start a thread (or two, one for stories and one for videos) for the specific purpose of people posting links to their work? Sort of like an index or catalog.

I read in the new members forum that there's a glitch with the avatar part of the boards and they have removed ability to change them until further notice. Hope they fix the glitch soon, all these Howdy Doody faces are freaking me out. He looks almost demented.

Edited on 10/13/2006 11:53pm

CSI_Fiona

[36]Oct 14, 2006

Saphira2312 wrote:
    Thanks, mind if I friend you?

Sure, and that goes for anyone!

sugah66

[37]Oct 14, 2006
    Mystik225 wrote:

Sugah, I love the fanfics you've done. But I noticed in M&M's #3 (Yes, I lurked before joining) that the posts where people linked their video or fanfic would get buried quickly. Would it be possible to start a thread (or two, one for stories and one for videos) for the specific purpose of people posting links to their work? Sort of like an index or catalog.

First off, thank you.

If you want to start the thread, feel free to do so. I was just trying to keep our ship confined to a few threads so as not to overwhelm anyone posting in this forum who does not share the same opinion.

Mystik225

[38]Oct 14, 2006
    You're welcome, Sugah. I didn't mean the threads had to be ship-specific, just a place for where any and all fanfic/video links pertaining to CSI:NY can be found. I can see how my message was confusing.

sugah66

[39]Oct 14, 2006
    ^^ Ah. Well, in that case, feel free to start a thread like that, if you want.

city_girl_129

[40]Oct 14, 2006
    Mystik225 wrote:

I read in the new members forum that there's a glitch with the avatar part of the boards and they have removed ability to change them until further notice. Hope they fix the glitch soon, all these Howdy Doody faces are freaking me out. He looks almost demented.

so that's what the problem is. i was wondering about that. this face is uber-creepy, and now all of us newbies "look alike." it's hard when scrolling through posts you've already read to a new one when everybody has the same icon as you!