CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

General Q&A thread

boom-moo

[3441]Feb 20, 2011
    • level: 75
    Yes, that's something we have at many times. Stella has done all kinds of chases and action scenes on high heels which is really not the most appropriate outfit. In contrast, Jo's outfits are way more suitable for the job, as you will see for yourself
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ingelief

[3442]Feb 22, 2011
    • level: 7

boom-moo wrote:
    Yes, that's something we have at many times. Stella has done all kinds of chases and action scenes on high heels which is really not the most appropriate outfit. In contrast, Jo's outfits are way more suitable for the job, as you will see for yourself

ok thanks, quick question in amerika can police officiars airmarschals etc cary a gun in a plane? because although they cary on the ground it doesnt seem safe to do so, because when overpowered the wrong man had the wapon right?? Was wondering it, saw the episode with mac in the plane with the murder *funny like bones with murder in airplanes*

boom-moo

[3443]Feb 22, 2011
    Sorry, I am European so I couldn't really tell but from what I recall from the time when the episode aired, apparently in some circumstances cops are allowed to carry their guns in commercial flights. Then again, I'm speaking from memory so maybe someone else can help you further.

Juliab24

[3444]Feb 23, 2011
    • level: 2

Yes each air marshall is authorized to carry a gun and make arrests on a plane. Air marshalls look like regular passengers so they don't stand out. They don't wear a uniform like a police officer.

Pilots and crewmembers are also authorized to carry a gun on an airliner if they have gone through training. Not all pilots and crewmembers are authorized to be armed.

Ingelief

[3445]Feb 28, 2011
    thats not smart i believe, i mean a bad person can easily take such person over and become in hands of a gun..

another question, was lindsey pregnant in csi, while she was pregnant in real life? because the times look the same? So was the belly the real deal?

boom-moo

[3446]Feb 28, 2011
    Ingelief wrote:
    another question, was lindsey pregnant in csi, while she was pregnant in real life? because the times look the same? So was the belly the real deal?
    Yes, the belly was the real deal both times, only that it wasn't played out in the show the first time (series 3) and played out the second (series 5).

kdtfiles

[3447]Mar 2, 2011
    • level: 23
    kwadd1985 wrote:

kdtfiles wrote:
    2. Adam or another member of the team removes the glass floor in the (?) server room/lab area, is down in it trying to re-root something, think he/they were trying to hack into something using the NYPD mainframe??? Thanks in advance for any help

Hey I think the 2nd one is 6x09 Manhattanhenge. I think its when Danny and Flack are chasing Hollis Eckhart at the beginning of the episode (who turns out to be the homeless guy) and Adam is in the floor trying to get into the CCTV system or NYPD cameras or something to track him. Hope this helps! Smile

Ingelief

[3448]Mar 5, 2011
    who plays lucy messer?
    the real child of anne?

boom-moo

[3449]Mar 5, 2011
    No, it's a child actress. Several actually as time goes by. I think there's been three different little Lucys.

Ingelief

[3450]Mar 6, 2011

ok i have to say this... Some things are to not real.

Casey escapes twice? Living the fall from the tower, that high?!

Taylor falling that high and not have some back broken or his head? he is rolled out without a support for the neck?

The girl who adam saw murderd really in manhatten too...

PFF these things are so not realistic i mean the rest maybe also not but he its nice to watch, but they made a mistake for me by doing this

Do you understand my feeling? What do u thing of the above things??

boom-moo

[3451]Mar 6, 2011
    Ingelief wrote:

Do you understand my feeling? What do u thing of the above things??

I do, and I agree especially when it comes to the first two. I really hard at those.

GinaLauren

[3452]Mar 21, 2011
    • level: 1

hi guys ! i found a really nice site to download shows in HD www.justshowz.com. There are loads of other options available.

boom-moo

[3453]Mar 21, 2011
    Hello GinaLauren

Please read the TOS before posting that kind of information and please use the News, Articles and Interviews thread or Even the Talk It Up one to share it. Thanks.

Ingelief

[3454]Mar 24, 2011

I think Jo is great but is she higher in rank than lindsay danny and hawks? because she is acting like she is on the same level als mac?? and that is a bit strange for a newby right??? I know she is motherly but since she is on the show i feel like they make her look smart and importend and in the same time make Danny a lot dumber and less importend????

Also where is lucy, because it seems like danny and lindsay always work the same shift??? and that as new parents i find it weird??? there never home because they are working, so lucy is growing up without them? why not work different shifts? yeah that would not work on the show. than make no baby.. because this is weird right?

boom-moo

[3455]Mar 24, 2011
    Ingelief wrote:

I think Jo is great but is she higher in rank than lindsay danny and hawks? because she is acting like she is on the same level als mac?? and that is a bit strange for a newby right??? I know she is motherly but since she is on the show i feel like they make her look smart and importend and in the same time make Danny a lot dumber and less importend????

I particularly can't stand Jo. I don't know and I don't care what rank she is (I assume she is a higher rank than the others since she is Mac's right hand, apparently) but regardless of that, I think her attitude when she first arrived was all kind of smug. Ugh.

Ingelief wrote:

Also where is lucy, because it seems like danny and lindsay always work the same shift??? and that as new parents i find it weird??? there never home because they are working, so lucy is growing up without them? why not work different shifts? yeah that would not work on the show. than make no baby.. because this is weird right?

Different shifts wouldn't work for the show. Like most parents nowadays with similar working hour schedules, Lucy is probably at a nursery. The day doesn't cover every day of the week, so we can assume that at times one or the other gets to stay home with her. It wouldn't be ideal for them to work different schedules all the time either because that way they wouldn't have any family life.

melindakw

[3456]Mar 26, 2011
    • level: 10

Was there an episode where Danny mentions something about "would like a son" or was it perhaps an old episode when Linsey was pregnant with Lucy that I'm thinking of?

Maybe it's just wishful thinking from me that they would have another baby or be talking about it...lol

Edited on 03/26/2011 3:42am
    Edited 2 total times.

boom-moo

[3457]Mar 26, 2011
    That's 7x03 'Damned If You Do'

(At the crime scene where a couple have been supposedly killed by their son)
    Danny: Remember what I said about having a son?
    Lindsay: Yeah.
    Danny: Never mind.

tonyandzivafan

[3458]Mar 29, 2011
    • level: 41
    I could be wrong but the question about Jo's rank is something I have always wondered about too. Though while this baseed on personal opinion, I really do believe not only have TPTB have her as Mac's right hand wo(man), she would be even if she didnt come off strong, etc. I say this b/c her background in law enforcement as well as the years she has been in the field. Its also why I think she comes off strong. To get where she was and being a woman you cant be nice (this isn't me excusing how she acted when she first came in though. Just what I think the reason is... well part of it).

linds_H

[3459]Apr 5, 2011
    • level: 6

Hey all!
    I haven't read a lot of NY stuff recently, (so please direct me to the topic or discussion if its already out there/been asked) but when is CBS going to give us an answer if there will be an 8th season? I haven't been paying much attention, but I came across various online articles saying that it most likely will be cancelled - which has officially made me heartbroken and terrified that this may be true....Cryeeeeeek!!!!!!! Has there been any official news?

boom-moo

[3460]Apr 6, 2011
    According to a recent interview posted at the Spoilers thread (since it contains spoilers) : "we've been informed that any notice of a pickup won't be until around upfronts, I guess mid-May."