CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

General Q&A thread

sugah66

[41]Oct 14, 2006
    • level: 12
    city_girl_129 wrote:
    Mystik225 wrote:

I read in the new members forum that there's a glitch with the avatar part of the boards and they have removed ability to change them until further notice. Hope they fix the glitch soon, all these Howdy Doody faces are freaking me out. He looks almost demented.

so that's what the problem is. i was wondering about that. this face is uber-creepy, and now all of us newbies "look alike." it's hard when scrolling through posts you've already read to a new one when everybody has the same icon as you!

It makes me not want to read all you guys' posts, because I am deathly afraid of clowns. And he really looks like a clown. It creeps me out.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

freckles7580

[43]Oct 14, 2006
    • level: 5
    sugah66 wrote:
    city_girl_129 wrote:
    Mystik225 wrote:

I read in the new members forum that there's a glitch with the avatar part of the boards and they have removed ability to change them until further notice. Hope they fix the glitch soon, all these Howdy Doody faces are freaking me out. He looks almost demented.

so that's what the problem is. i was wondering about that. this face is uber-creepy, and now all of us newbies "look alike." it's hard when scrolling through posts you've already read to a new one when everybody has the same icon as you!

It makes me not want to read all you guys' posts, because I am deathly afraid of clowns. And he really looks like a clown. It creeps me out.

i agree with you 100% ... it's creepy like nothing else! hopefully we can change them soon!!!

i have a really random, possibly stupid, question too!! what does TPTB (i think that's what it is) mean? because i see it everywhere and don't know what it means! thanks!

sugah66

[44]Oct 14, 2006

freckles7580 wrote:
    what does TPTB (i think that's what it is) mean? because i see it everywhere and don't know what it means! thanks!

TPTB = The Powers That Be

I think I answered that in another thread, so you're not the only person who didn't know!

freckles7580

[45]Oct 14, 2006
    • level: 5
    thanks a bunch!!

Mystik225

[46]Oct 14, 2006
    • level: 6
    Is there a way to go to the first unread post in the thread since you last visited the site? It's getting annoying have to page through stuff I've read every single time I come to the board.

sugah66

[47]Oct 14, 2006

Mystik225 wrote:
    Is there a way to go to the first unread post in the thread since you last visited the site? It's getting annoying have to page through stuff I've read every single time I come to the board.

If there are more than 9 pages in the thread, click on the double arrows after the "...", and that will take you to the last page. Unfortunately, you'll just have to count back however many posts are new since your last visit before you get to the last one you've actually read. There's no way to automatically go there.

It'd be nice, though.

Mystik225

[48]Oct 14, 2006

Thanks, Sugah. I'll just have to make note of the page numbers when I leave the site.

Oh, and I started the threads for fanfics and videos. If I didn't do them right or was too bossy in them I'll get them corrected.

Edited on 10/14/2006 8:38pm

always_mandy

[49]Oct 14, 2006
    • level: 24

Ok, I have a question.

Everyone seems to be working the threads from 1 to whatever. But when I check the threads. I have the last thread written not the first. Why?

If you got that, then you're welcome to answer.

sugah66

[50]Oct 14, 2006
    always_mandy wrote:

Ok, I have a question.

Everyone seems to be working the threads from 1 to whatever. But when I check the threads. I have the last thread written not the first. Why?

If you got that, then you're welcome to answer.

Um...

Yeah, I didn't get it.

always_mandy

[51]Oct 14, 2006

Ok, I'll try to explain better.

Mystik wrote:

Mystik225 wrote:

and Sugah answered:

Sugah wrote:

If there are more than 9 pages in the thread, click on the double arrows after the "...", and that will take you to the last page. Unfortunately, you'll just have to count back however many posts are new since your last visit before you get to the last one you've actually read. There's no way to automatically go there.

It'd be nice, though.

What I was asking is why do you have to go through all the pages(or to the last page) to find the latest post? I have the last thread written when I click on the thread.

Just in case it's still not clear... (cause I have a hard time understanding)

Posts have numbers. The way you guys are talking your posts would be: 1,2,3,4,5, etc. Mine are: 5,4,3,2,1.

Why is it different?

Edited on 10/14/2006 10:26pm

sugah66

[52]Oct 14, 2006
    always_mandy wrote:

Posts have numbers. The way you guys are talking your posts would be: 1,2,3,4,5, etc. Mine are: 5,4,3,2,1.

Why is it different?

Ah-ha! The light is shed!

Go to "prefs", then click on the "boards" tab. You can set your preferences so that you automatically go to the newer pages first.

I thought it must be a prefs thing.

always_mandy

[53]Oct 14, 2006
    sugah66 wrote:
    always_mandy wrote:

Why is it different?

Ah-ha! The light is shed!

Go to "prefs", then click on the "boards" tab. You can set your preferences so that you automatically go to the newer pages first.

I thought it must be a prefs thing.

Thank You!

city_girl_129

[54]Oct 15, 2006
    i have a question, sugah, about your vids--where do you get the D/L clips from? I know after the videos you put "clips courtesy of SpySyd" but i was wondering where I could find those from the internet? thx!

sugah66

[55]Oct 15, 2006

city_girl_129 wrote:
    i have a question, sugah, about your vids--where do you get the D/L clips from? I know after the videos you put "clips courtesy of SpySyd" but i was wondering where I could find those from the internet? thx!

I get the clips from the Danny/Lindsay Chemistry board. It is an awesome site, but you have to be a member to read the posts.

You can also find some clips (not all) at Stolen Glances.

Both sites, clips are courtesy of SpySyd.

city_girl_129

[56]Oct 15, 2006
    sugah66 wrote:

city_girl_129 wrote:

I get the clips from the Danny/Lindsay Chemistry board. It is an awesome site, but you have to be a member to read the posts.

You can also find some clips (not all) at Stolen Glances.

Both sites, clips are courtesy of SpySyd.

thanks!! i'll have to check those out on our PC. i've tried downloading the clips from Stolen Glances on my Mac, but i apparently don't have the right plug-ins. *shrugs* ah well! thanks again!

islandgirl0101

[57]Oct 15, 2006
    • level: 10

Does anyone know where I can go to see the preview to this weeks episode, apparently I completely spaced out and have no idea what is goign to happen this week.  If you can help with this it would be great. 

Thanks a lot

always_mandy

[58]Oct 15, 2006

go here:

http://www.cbs.com/innertube/player.php?cat=113862&vid=1700&format=&auto=1

if it doesn't start by itself, just click on 'watch now' beside next time on csi ny.

islandgirl0101

[59]Oct 15, 2006
    • level: 10
    Thanks for the help I couldn't find it before when I was looking for it. 

sugah66

[60]Oct 17, 2006

They sometimes show the preview at the CSI: NY official site, too.

Also, you can see the preview for "Oedipus Hex" at http://www.kodecon.com.