CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

General Q&A thread

sugah66

[141]Nov 21, 2006
    • level: 12

I would like to direct everyone to the very first post of this thread. I answer FAQs. Please check that post for your question before you ask it.

I'm just saying this because a lot of people ask the same question, and it's really not necessary. A lot of the more important ones are answered in that post.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

suzpsycho

[142]Nov 21, 2006
    • level: 14
    sugah66 wrote:

I would like to direct everyone to the very first post of this thread. I answer FAQs. Please check that post for your question before you ask it.

I'm just saying this because a lot of people ask the same question, and it's really not necessary. A lot of the more important ones are answered in that post.

Sugah, I just want to let you know that I really appreciate the way you react to people asking repeated questions, going OT, and other faux pas. I was visiting another forum and asked a question regarding episodes and changed times. I swear, they chewed me a new a**hole. They were so rude! Not at all like you and the people here. So thank you for your politeness!

sugah66

[143]Nov 21, 2006
    suzpsycho wrote:
    sugah66 wrote:

Sugah, I just want to let you know that I really appreciate the way you react to people asking repeated questions, going OT, and other faux pas. I was visiting another forum and asked a question regarding episodes and changed times. I swear, they chewed me a new a**hole. They were so rude! Not at all like you and the people here. So thank you for your politeness!

Well, barring that one, um, incident...

I know that there are a lot of posts, and people don't want to read through them. And, actually, it does upset me, but I usually write my post once and then go back and rewrite it so that it doesn't sound so mean. I have a very bad temper, and I try to control it.

suzpsycho

[144]Nov 21, 2006
    sugah66 wrote:
    suzpsycho wrote:
    sugah66 wrote:

Well, barring that one, um, incident...

I know that there are a lot of posts, and people don't want to read through them. And, actually, it does upset me, but I usually write my post once and then go back and rewrite it so that it doesn't sound so mean. I have a very bad temper, and I try to control it.

Well, I think you do a wonderful job. You can chastise me any time.

kewlz

[145]Nov 21, 2006
    • level: 20

city_girl_129 wrote:
    Kewlz: at the top of your web page, there should be a little box that has your username and your status in it, the thing that shows you if you have mail--and click on "prefs". it says "Current Icon" and shows the pic you have now, and next to that is a drop-down menu with different categories of icons you can choose from. 
    Hope I helped!

Hey CG, thanks for your help! Actually I think I've misphrased my question. What I wanted to ask was, 'Can I change the icon using my own pic/icon and not from the drop down menu?'

Hey Sugah, you don't need to explain yourself coz you're who you are and I like that. It was my mistake    

sugah66

[146]Nov 21, 2006
    kewlz wrote:

Hey CG, thanks for your help! Actually I think I've misphrased my question. What I wanted to ask was, 'Can I change the icon using my own pic/icon and not from the drop down menu?'

You can't use your own icon. Just the ones in the drop down menu. Sucks, I know.

And it's not that you can't ask questions in the other threads... They just tend to get buried, and questions get asked repeatedly, and stuff like that. That's why I created this thread. I figured people could page through it and maybe their question would be answered.

coolceruleanblu

[147]Nov 21, 2006
    • level: 26

actually i believe they changed it to allow you to do that. I may be wrong- and it may have been a hallucination.

-I am wrong.  it was a hallucination and i coulda deleted this but i'm lettin you know i was wrong

Edited on 11/21/2006 8:51pm

kewlz

[148]Nov 21, 2006
    • level: 20
    sugah66 wrote:
    kewlz wrote:

You can't use your own icon. Just the ones in the drop down menu. Sucks, I know.

And it's not that you can't ask questions in the other threads... They just tend to get buried, and questions get asked repeatedly, and stuff like that. That's why I created this thread. I figured people could page through it and maybe their question would be answered.

THANKS!!!

Cherish4

[149]Nov 23, 2006
    • level: 13

Hey guys, this is a question for anyone in the UK who has bought Season 2 of CSI:NY on dvd:

What episodes, if any have commentaries on them? I know that the Complete US version has commentaries but I need to know if the UK one does too. Can anyone help?

Edited on 11/23/2006 3:39am

sugah66

[150]Nov 24, 2006

*bump*

I'm sorry, Lauren, I don't know. I thought I'd bump the thread so other people would have a chance to see it and maybe give you an answer.

suzpsycho

[151]Nov 24, 2006
    Cherish4 wrote:

Hey guys, this is a question for anyone in the UK who has bought Season 2 of CSI:NY on dvd:

What episodes, if any have commentaries on them? I know that the Complete US version has commentaries but I need to know if the UK one does too. Can anyone help?

Hey, I just checked the particulars on amazon uk.com and it appears that your version will contain comentaries on episodes and other special features. Hope this helps.

CSI_Fiona

[152]Nov 25, 2006

A question thats not related to this site, or CSI, in any way.

I'm vegitarian so what can I eat for Christmas, instead of turkey?

Cherish4

[153]Nov 25, 2006
    • level: 13
    suzpsycho wrote:
    Cherish4 wrote:

Hey, I just checked the particulars on amazon uk.com and it appears that your version will contain comentaries on episodes and other special features. Hope this helps.

Thanks Suz and thanks Sugah for bumping the thread, appreciate it.

Edited: Hey Fi! My whole family is Vegetarian and we have a Nut Roast and Roast Potatoes on Christmas Day!

Edited on 11/25/2006 7:42am

suzpsycho

[154]Nov 25, 2006
    CSI_Fiona wrote:

Tofu? You would have to find a good recipe. Tofu picks up the flavor of whatever you cook it with. I have eaten some really great tofu lasagna.

jasminekpk

[155]Nov 25, 2006
    • level: 6
    suzpsycho wrote:
    CSI_Fiona wrote:

Tofu? You would have to find a good recipe. Tofu picks up the flavor of whatever you cook it with. I have eaten some really great tofu lasagna.

Whoa, there's tofu lasagna?! I must really try some of those. Do u have the recipe to it??

suzpsycho

[156]Nov 26, 2006
    No, I bought it at the store. I think it is by AMY. They make a lot of vegie dishes and whole food dishes. Where are you? AMY is in America.

jasminekpk

[157]Nov 26, 2006
    Nope, i'm not from america But thanks for the info anyway! At least, i know that tofu lasagna exists now

suzpsycho

[158]Nov 26, 2006
    jasminekpk wrote:
    Nope, i'm not from america But thanks for the info anyway! At least, i know that tofu lasagna exists now
    I know that there are other companies that make it too. I would check your local market or health food store. You are in Malaysia, right?

jasminekpk

[159]Nov 26, 2006
    suzpsycho wrote:
    jasminekpk wrote:
    I know that there are other companies that make it too. I would check your local market or health food store. You are in Malaysia, right?

Yeap, thanks for checking it out for me, Suz!

sugah66

[160]Nov 26, 2006

*bumps*

Just wanted to let everyone know that I updated the first post to include more FAQs, including information about being a beta.