CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Hide sight episode 7 possible spoilers

laurameyer

[1]Nov 4, 2010
    • level: 58

http://www.tv.com/csi-ny/hide-sight/episode/1355950/summary.html?tag=ep_list;summary

***SPOILER***

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[2]Nov 4, 2010
    • level: 75
    Thanks Laura I think this is gonna be a good one.

tonyandzivafan

[3]Nov 5, 2010
    • level: 41

Really enjoyed the storyline in this episode. Here are my thoughts:

Omg Sid!!!! I swear I jumped when the explosion went off. Poor Sid has had enough of nearly getting killed.

Go Mac! for subtly telling the press there is sniper w/o actually saying it. Adam somewhat dressed up…. Yummy!!! I love seeing him ore in the field.

I had to at Jo's comment to Lindsay about bugs. It made me think of her eating them and Danny joining her (Fare Game episode). And I thought it was sweet Jo got a new pair of glasses for Sid. He wouldn't be Sid w/o his glasses.

Maybe it's just me I wanted the kid (killer) more harmed more than he was. Not to sound evil but after shooting the cop and seriously injuring Sid, I wanted him to go down.

While Mac told the cop he'd be ok and to hang in there, I would have liked to know if he *will* be ok. Hopefully, there will be some mention of him in the next episode or down the road.

Dewbak75

[4]Nov 5, 2010
    • level: 18

I thought this was a very strong episode, a little bit of a departure from the usual episode structure. The reveal of the killer's face, and the swerve about his identity were well handled, although I really should've seen it coming. They made a point about it being a mitochondrial DNA match, I should've realized the brother would come into play. The only problem I had with the episode was I would've liked to hear a little bit about how the kid became so skilled with guns and homemade bullets. I get the transformation from a behavioral standpoint, but not a practical one.

There were some really nice character moments, too. The scene with Jo & Sid at the end was very sweet. I thought at first she just had his old glasses cleaned up nice, but to hear that she actually got him a new set that was even safer was very touching.

I liked the scenes with Mac and the "girl next door", they were handled quite well. I'm glad she didn't become another victim or turn out to be an accomplice, or anything like that. We've seen several episodes where the case has a link to Mac's past, either personal or professional, but this one avoided being repetitive. It feels like Horatio down in Miami is always the one rescuing the damsels in distress, I'm glad Mac got to be the one this time.

dh4645

[5]Nov 6, 2010
    • level: 15

good episode.

my main issue:

when the rounds were barely touched by sid and danny they just explode...SO

why didn't the rounds just blow up when they were shoved in the magazine or in the gun OR especially when fired from the gun????

Edited on 11/06/2010 5:54am
    Edited 2 total times.

haldrey

[6]Nov 6, 2010
    • level: 22
    Great all around episode. I have the same question about the explosive rounds and also why was the newcomer the one having the attention with Sid and not one of the longtime co-workers.

boom-moo

[7]Nov 7, 2010
    I loved this episode, especially the twist that made Tom the sniper and not Michael. Mac was really cute with the neighbour girl and Jo's gesture getting Sid a new set of glasses was really great of her.

The cell phone alert system sounds practical but also pretty scary. I liked the effort to have all the team involved even though it wasn't an evidence heavy episode.

tonyandzivafan

[8]Nov 7, 2010
    I never thought about why the explosive rounds didn't go off like brought up. It must be something with the type of impact or pressure (what is causing it more than the strength). But that is only a guess. Similar types of bullets have been used and exist. So there has to be a reason (not some completely made up thing by TPTB for once) otherwise the shooter could have lost a hand.

Dewbak75

[9]Nov 7, 2010
    • level: 18

boom-moo wrote:
    The cell phone alert system sounds practical but also pretty scary. I liked the effort to have all the team involved even though it wasn't an evidence heavy episode.

NY Alert is a real thing - http://www.nyalert.gov/

Looks like it's something you subscribe to, so they can't actually reach every cellphone in the city, just the people who sign up to receive the alerts.

danharr

[10]Nov 7, 2010
    • level: 45

Good episode I didn't like knowing the killer from the beginning but the episode was good so it doesn't matter. The ny alert thing is not new most states have Amber alerts which is similar. As to why the rounds exploded on Sid and not in general use the rounds unfired are safe and stable but after being fired the nitro had been agitated and was now unstable so yeah a simple touch would make them explode.

boom-moo

[11]Nov 7, 2010
    Dewbak75 wrote:

boom-moo wrote:

NY Alert is a real thing - http://www.nyalert.gov/

Looks like it's something you subscribe to, so they can't actually reach every cellphone in the city, just the people who sign up to receive the alerts.

That is interesting. I thought it just reached everyone, hence the 'scary' factor. Thanks

tonyandzivafan

[12]Nov 9, 2010
    I figured NY alert was real but only for those in law enforcement and the show had it so more people get it. I might look into singing up. Shows what I know my state has to offer. Thanks Dewbak.

And thank Denharr for the explanation on the bullets. Makes sense.

estella87

[13]Nov 10, 2010
    • level: 14

dh4645 wrote:

why didn't the rounds just blow up when they were shoved in the magazine or in the gun OR especially when fired from the gun????

Right after Sid was injured I was thinking the same thing. Nitroglycerin is so unstable it would have exploded when the gun was fired, when he transported it incorrectly, when it hit the glass before hitting the victims, and at any time in-between.

The show doesn't have to be perfect (because it already isn't but I still love it!), I just think that obvious mistakes like this one could/should be avoided.