CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

OFFICIAL CSI:NY MUSIC Thread

coolceruleanblu

[1]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 26

OFFICIAL CSI:NY MUSIC Question and Discussion Thread

So after getting permission from Laurameyer, I decided I wanted to open this thread. I figure there are enough of you, who like me, love the music featured in CSI:NY, this will be a place to ask questions, discuss it, whatever. It's up to you. You may discuss what you think would work with specific pairings, or whatever.

The only rules I have are these:
    *please don't ask a question for a song that's already on the playlist.
    *please be considerate when asking a question!

This first post will be here as an intro. Next two posts or so will be the playlist I have built. And then after that, it's up to you. I can't think of any other questions to create a FAQ so to speak, but well, we'll see hahha. I put one serious one, and one joke one. Cause i'm like that.

About the Playlist:
    It's something I've been working on for the past year or so. I'm obsessed with the music on CSI and CSI:NY and since I've started watching, and have been adding these, well most of these, songs to my ipod. The reason I have the playlist up is so that people can easily access the information. I know it can be annoying for people to either go to the episode guide or go to tunefind to find the answer. Especially since neither of these places specifically detail where in the episode the song is. And changing the guide to reflect this information would make the guide messy (it doesn't look nice, because it's just way too much information in one note.) That's why I've created this list. I've organized the playlist by episode and scene. Yes I am that crazy. I am not completely finished, but I am working on it. So far this is what's been compiled from every csi:ny music guide. And I've listened to each episode and plotted the song down.

Why isn't this song on the list?
    I'm not perfect. And while I've tried finding every song through tunefind, various different guides, listening to the songs and the episodes, there are just some songs that can't be found. I've found MOST of them.
    Also, some music is made by John M. Keane, who does the little instrumental bits, so there is no name for it. And if you want it, you'd have to cut it out from the episode itself.
    Also there are some pieces of music that just aren't substantial enough to be part of a song. Those have not been included, reason being, they are usually instrumental pieces and could be a part of anything.

There are a lot of songs on Tunefind that you don't have on here. Why is that?
    Tunefind is very unreliable. For some reason, people put songs on there that are just not in the episode. Why is this? Who knows. I personally think, as some are independent artists, it's to get a name for themselves so they put their songs on the list. I also think another possibility is that it's because people hear something, like a lyric, and assume it's that. They hear one word and google it and pick the first choice without listening to the song.
    Am I sure they aren't in the episode? Yes. I listen to an entire song several times, and as I pass a scene I stop and compare to see if it's any of the songs on tunefind. I know, I'm crazy, but I want this to be right. Because it frustrates me to no end when it isn't.

Wow, so tunefind is messed up. What can I do to help?
    Awesome that you asked that! To help, use this list as a guide, and verify things. How do you verify things? by hitting either the green or red flag. You don't need to be signed up, but if you are signed up and more people agree with you, it will help your "tunefind cred" so to speak.

Wow you have a lot of songs you can't find!
    Tell me about it. It drives me insane. What you can do to help. If you know for sure that a song is in an ep and it's not on the list. Tell me the song (including what remix it is if it's remixxed) and where it happens. I will double check and triple and quadruple check, because I know my hearing is great but I get distracted.
    Otherwise? Every so often, I will be checking the songs I haven't found and see if my program can find that song in its database.

Where can I get a certain song?
    If you can't find a certain song you can ask me where I got it. Chances are, I already have it because I downloaded it because I'm obsessed. For example: Diefenbach's two songs are from an album that cannot be found anywhere for download (anymore it used to be on itunes ages ago) but they are around here: http://musik.tdconline.dk Now while I found this through google, I know it can be tough, because that was only found through extensive google searching. Need any help on finding something, then ask me. But please, try on your own first

Why are you so crazy?
    Cause I was born this way. And growing up with my parents made me this way?

- feel free to ask if you need clarification on the occurance
    - if the occurance I put on is wrong, please let me know!
    - if a song isn't on there, feel free to ask

Anything else is, if asking a question, like there isn't a song on the playlist, please don't give me grief, that's a pretty surefire way to get me to snap back with something like, "oh I'm sorry I didn't realize I should have given the devil rights to my first born child so I could find every friggin song on the list." I put a lot of work into the list, and it's not nice. I don't consider this grief, "I couldn't find this song on the list, what is it? ....insert description here" neither is, "So, I noticed you don't have this song! it's title here by artists here and it's in scene here." That's not grief. This is, "omg, you s*ck, why don't you have this song on the list it's clearly there and it should be on there, i can't believe you didn't put that on there." Ha. No. Sorry. Come in here with that, and you are immediately denied. I have a stamp that says that too. Don't tempt me. Essentially what I'm saying is, please be nice when requesting information. It's one of my biggest pet peeves, people expecting more from a person when you've already given so much.

Edited on 11/01/2008 12:29pm
    Edited 6 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

coolceruleanblu

[2]Aug 7, 2008

Click here for the spreadsheet version.

Edited on 10/21/2012 10:34pm
    Edited 19 total times.

coolceruleanblu

[4]Aug 7, 2008

Click here for spreadsheet version.

Edited on 10/21/2012 10:36pm
    Edited 9 total times.

coolceruleanblu

[5]Aug 7, 2008

what's been updated since thread first opened:

have added songs to the list up to episode 9.04

as of 10/22/12
    + included songs to recent ep.

as of 11/15/10
    + tons of eps.

as of 02/25/10
    = 117 song where mac and stel are processing glass. fixed

as of 02/24/10
    = 119 edited a song (Kiss Ya Lips) scene where stel and mac revisit scene

as of 9/23/09
    WEEE NEW SEASON MORE SONGS!

as of 10/30/08
    + 123- Stel processing fibers.

as of 10/20/08
    + 311- Shane Casey plays on radio
    + 314- Sid in autopsy with showgirl
    + more songs to find

as of 10/17/08
    + 301- THREE songs, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th.
    + 302- TWO songs 2nd, and 3rd.
    + 303- Stel processing CO canister.
    + 304- Stel processing last shirts.
    + 305- lead-in to basketball court
    + more songs to find

as of 10/16/08
    + 219- Linds/Dan going through lost and found
    + 220- Stel swabbing legs
    + 222- song with dan/linds processing boat
    + more songs to find

as of 10/15/08
    + 212- Stel testing the gun.
    + 213- sid/mac going through stomach contents
    = 213- edited song from wild wild wet actually a remix
    + 215- both (TWO) songs
    + 216- TWO songs (1st and 4th)
    + 217- danny printing foam can
    = 217- edited editors song- it's a remix
    + more songs to find

as of 10/14/08
    + 208- Shel at weathergirl crime scene when it rains
    + 209- Mac/Dan/Linds processing doll hospital.
    + 209- Linds comparing doll and eye
    + more songs to find

as of 10/13/08
    + 205- 2 songs, 2nd and 4th
    + more songs to find

as of 10/12/08
    + 122- song with aid/dan workin on cracker jack and baseball
    + 123- song with aid/flack at motorcycles
    + 202- 3 songs- 2nd 3rd and 4th
    + more songs to find

as of 10/9/08
    + 119- song when mac and stell are doin the hotel room. 1st time
    + 119- mac processing bottle
    + 119- M&S processing scene second time.
    + 120- last THREE songs
    + 121- first TWO songs
    - 122- banquet song
    + 122- only song on it LOL
    + more songs to find!

as of 10/8/08
    + 108- song w/ mac printing the newsstand
    + 109- mac is working on hard drive (2nd time)
    + 109- team processing separately
    + 115- opening song
    - 116- outsider- not actually in this ep.
    + 117- opening song
    + 117- songs while d and a are processing
    + 117- song while jane is processing
    + 117- stel and Mac proces. broken glass and jacket
    + more songs to find *cries*

as of 10/7/08
    + 103- song when they attract the rats
    + 104- opening sequence.
    + 105- opening then remixed by dj banner
    + 105- song DJ Francois is remixing
    + 105- Stel & Dan cutting up blowfish
    + 105- Mac in weapon room
    - 106- took off two songs. both in wrong, ep, one a duplicate, the other, god knows where it belongs.
    + more songs to find *cries*

okay, that should be enough safety posts. If we need more god help us all.

Also would it be possible for a little help?
    On Tunefind, in each season, could you help verify everything meaning EVERY episode. I recently finished going through every single episode. So everything that CAN be found through database searches is on my list LOL.

How to VERIFY: Essentially, anything I have listed as being IN the episode hit the green flag. anything I don't have listed, hit the red flag. If there is an ep that has songs there and it doesnt have songs here, hit the red flags. Those are the eps I've gone over for like the fifth time since starting this list And I used my song finder to help me in the songs I didn't have, and none of those are them. Also some eps just don't HAVE songs there, and some eps on tunefind people put them under the wrong episode. Cause they hate me.

Edited on 10/21/2012 10:37pm
    Edited 15 total times.

boom-moo

[6]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 75

Lmfao, I love posts #4 and #5

I know how hard and for how long you've been working on this playlist, so I'm over the moon that it became a reality. I think this thread is a GREAT and AWESOME addition to the forum, and I bet I'm not the only one to think so.

Good luck!

gwenpiper24

[7]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 31
    that's an awesome idea, Blu!! and an incredible job you're doing and have done finding most of the songs!! congrats.

EmpireClover

[8]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 19
    Wow, Blu! This must have taken some har work! Well done! It will certainly prove useful, as I have found some great artists through some of the episodes.

boom-moo

[9]Aug 7, 2008
    Oh, and I'm pm-ing Laura to add this thread to the Posting rules ones It is a really helpful one and I bet people would be really grateful to consult this information

coolceruleanblu

[10]Aug 7, 2008
    thanks for being so supportive guys I am going to put up the playlist soon but I need to change some things around a bit seeing as I have it in a notepad file and it's got lines which are way too long, so I am turning it into a table. Anyways, I have a quick question for all you guys.

I am thinking of adding the category, type. What kind of types of music do you suppose they are? I was debating on doing it like background noise or processing or featured, but sometims they miz and match. And then I thought maybe doing like the genre? pop, classical, trip-hop, reggaeton? I don't know what do you think do you think that category is necessary?

gwenpiper24

[11]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 31
    i don't think a category's necessary, don't go to too much trouble, hun.

boom-moo

[12]Aug 7, 2008
    I'm with Gwen. But I know you are stubborn so if you decide to add a genre category, I'd go by genre. I think it's less confusing than processing and stuff.

coolceruleanblu

[13]Aug 7, 2008
    boom-moo wrote:
    I'm with Gwen. But I know you are stubborn so if you decide to add a genre category, I'd go by genre. I think it's less confusing than processing and stuff.
    thanks gwen and BM, and thanks guys again for the support and being all for it hahaha I appreciate knowing my insanity is appreciated and loved

I am currently watching creatures of the night for songs not on the list and there are two even my magic iphone can't find which tells me that they aren't gonna be.

boom-moo

[14]Aug 7, 2008
    We know you are human, hun. It's only natural that you can't find every single one of them. We are more than thankful for the vast research job you've done already

coolceruleanblu

[15]Aug 7, 2008
    boom-moo wrote:
    We know you are human, hun. It's only natural that you can't find every single one of them. We are more than thankful for the vast research job you've done already
    thanks hun you are a sweetie *huge hugs*

play list is up. Funny thing is? I worked for an hour on making it into a table? And it didn't work! hahahah so i just put up the original notepad just made it small sorry if you go blind trying to read it

boom-moo

[16]Aug 7, 2008
    It's perfectly readable and you got way more that I though you would Awesome job, dearie!

patry_trusky

[17]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 29

Amazing!!

That's a bow, in case you didn't know

Edited on 08/07/2008 4:10pm

NYCarbon

[18]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 17
    Great job Blu! This will really help everyone who wants to know the songs

saleblanc

[19]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 32
    GREAT Idea!!!!!!

jordinajamaica

[20]Aug 8, 2008
    • level: 42
    WOW!! Great job BLU!!