CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

(Possible spoilers) - Episode 7x19 'Food for Thought' discussion thread

laurameyer

[1]Apr 7, 2011
    • level: 58

http://www.tv.com/csi-ny/food-for-thought/episode/1373462/summary.html?tag=next_episode;title

enjoy!

Edited on 04/07/2011 10:25am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[2]Apr 7, 2011
    • level: 75
    Thanks Laura Sounds intriguing, hope it's a good case.

tonyandzivafan

[3]Apr 8, 2011
    • level: 41

I know this is cryptic but I am verrry afraid for Hawkes at this moment. I'll say more later.

*sighs in relief* Hawkes will be ok.

~~~~~~~~~

Overall a great episode and lovely to have everyone working asa team again. I guess TPTB do listen to us a little.

I said this late in last week's episode and will say this right away this time: There needs to be an intervention or Flackie's hair. I almost want to start a petition for us as fans to do it ourselves if need be. I am just hoping two things: That Eddie is performing for something on stage that his hair is looking that way and is keeping it on the show that way to get used to it. The other being that his hair isn't like that once he is done tapping for the show. Think of your child, sweetie. And no one must be allowed to smoke or have anything that can cause a flame near him. He will lose his hair.

Loved big time the opening scene. I hadn't read spoilers for this episode and all I saw were previews. So I was praying it was Camille that Hawkes with was. It's so nice to see him happy and in love. That said I was realllllly bothered by them as a couple by the end of the show. Well her. And it isn't b/c of why I posted in the very first line of the original post (I said it b/c I was in fear that he got pressured into trying some pot when the guys came to random drug test Hawkes [andDanny]). I just have this feeling he will get himself into serious trouble or have his heart broken in the end by Camille. When he finally says no and really sticks with it she will walk. I'd even likely bet my new bed I have wanted for five yearsand getting tomorrow on it. She reminds me of Kate on USA's Fairly Legal. She uses sex and her body to get what she wants and how she wants things. If she had asked Hawkes for money, she'd be a hooker. But since she doesn't, she is manipulative bi***. It's one thing to get him to play hooky or ask if he has ever tried pot or been curious too. But for me it was all of the little things she did that made me feel that way. I really hope this was a minor flaw or what not. And she isn't like this always, because if she is it will end either of the 2 ways I mentioned. Or if my mom is right, his heart will get broken and she will stalk him or in general will become this crazy stalker type. And that's a lot coming from a woman who doesn't pay attention or get into shows like I do. So when she makes a comment like this or a positive one, it shows how well a character(s)/ storylineis coming off.

I want honesty from everyone with whatI am about to ask. How many for even a second thought when Lindsay told Danny all that she wanted to eat, that shewas pregnant? I soooo thought that!!!And I was waiting for Danny to say something.... but how the scene played out was too cute and funny. Absolutely, one of my favorite DL scenes in a while.

The TPTB really have to make Adam less nervous around Mac. Seriously. Its one thing if Mac has been barking at everyone or Adam has done something stupid or a legit reason or understandably to be nervous around him.

And that is all for now.... Likely will have more when others post.

Edited on 04/08/2011 8:42pm

boom-moo

[4]Apr 10, 2011
    I don't like Camille's influence on Hawkes either. I wouldn't have pictured Hawkes as the kind of guy would risk a job he loves and cares for just to have his deal of nookie. I was so happy to see him smitten and having a love interest but I have to at the fact that the relationship is equalling trouble so far.

Lmao at Adam's question about good luck and birds' fluids! Very dorky of him to ask it to Mac

Flack arrests the hooker on her underwear! Lol

-"I'm not pregnant. Just hungry". Lol I didn't think that she was pregnant though.

Very cute of Danny and a just born Lucy bringing Lindsay breakfast to bed on Mother's Day 2 years ago. At first I thought this was an inconsistency but it makes sense. Mother's Day on 2009 was May 9th, so Lucy was born before that date. It actually matches the timeline in season 5 (she was born in episode 5x23 and Angell died in episode 5x25 on May 20th). Even though Lucy isn't supposed to be 2 years old yet (this episode is set before April 18th 2011 when Odelin Gonzalez's license as a food vendor expires, following this season's tendency where episodes happen to occur in the same date as they air) it makes sense for Lindsay to say that it was 2 years ago even though Mother's Day 2011 hasn't been celebrated yet.

haldrey

[5]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 22
    Fantastic episode, it had lots of drama and fun. Hey, who really blames Hawkes for been weak, not me.

tonyandzivafan

[6]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 41
    haldrey wrote:
    Fantastic episode, it had lots of drama and fun. Hey, who really blames Hawkes for been weak, not me.

It understanable. He hasnt been in relationship in a long time and I can say that Camille is beautiful easily.

Though at the same time if the writers dont change her attitude, he will get hurt in some way in the end. I'd bet money on it. I just pray if it goes down that way it doesnt turn into a Stella and Frankie disaster. *shudders at the thought*

jordinajamaica

[7]Apr 12, 2011
    • level: 42
    Ok... it wasn't a great chapter, actually it turned out to be quite boring... Maybe it was because I TOTALLY hated Camille... I mean, she's cute and we finally got a love interest for Hawkes, but she makes him call in sick to spend an evening with her, skip work to attend one of her parties and accompany her while she smokes weed? Quite a bad influence and VERY out of Hawkes character, who I always thought that right after Mac was the one with more morals and rules... I guess I didn't like that chapter very much because of that...

It had it good moments, DL scenes were cute and funny, there was some banter like old times and I loved Linds stealing the burger and leaving Danny behind to work on the evidence, not sure how much 'legal' that was but... But then Danny and Lindsay were barely around, maybe we are getting a big DL chapter before the end of the season?
    Adam was funny and not scared of Mac... that was great!
    And I loved Flack one liners, 'that doesn't sound very appetizing' and the ones he said during the interrogation... Definetely not my favorite but not that bad, but or Camille changes or she has to go...

danharr

[8]Apr 12, 2011
    • level: 45

It was an okay episode I agree not the greatest and I hope this is the last of Hawkes and his whole life being put in jeopardy for a hot chick.

Ingelief

[9]Apr 16, 2011
    • level: 7

ok episode hope at better times for hawkes

melindakw

[10]Apr 20, 2011
    • level: 10
    Glad to hear we had some nice DL scenes.
    I wonder if we might get some big scenes with everyone...if the show doesn't get renewed then we need some big stuff.
    I could totally see Danny & Lindsay announcing another pregnancy and even moving to Montana! I can't remember where STella is but I would love to see her come back and mybe even hook up with Mac!

boom-moo

[11]Apr 21, 2011
    melindakw wrote:
    I can't remember where STella is but I would love to see her come back and mybe even hook up with Mac!
    Hear, hear, if only!