CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

(possible spoilers for episode 517 Green Piece)

rusticangel

[41]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 8
    wow! Words can hardly describe my emotions during that entire episode, at the start I was out of my seat because i thought perhaps Adam might get injured or killed (trust me I'm just catching up with csi vegas and I havent stopped crying since). Then the Mac and Danny scene was so beautiful it shows how everyone really has a kind regard for one another and how much Mac's opinions count to everyone. And when Mac said he regretted never having children with Claire started me off again. I loved it when Stella was so passionate to that father, how you could see she was so emotional about what this man had done to this people in China - great interrogation scene.

Finally what we have all been waiting for, the wedding, the cut scene was beautiful, if all the other scenes hadnt got be balling this had me over the edge and weeping my eyes out... damnit...

Wonderful episode, really good character building scenarios, loved it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[42]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 75
    It was cute and all what Danny said was beautiful, but still that: "I can be the man you want me to be" makes me think of a not so bright future ahead. He can be it but he is not? He can be it to do the right thing? I think he loves Lindsay, but I don't think he would have married her yet not being because of the baby. Granted everyone has doubts before taking such a huge step, and that no one is pointing a gun at him, but I don't think his inner struggle between being himself and being the man, friend, husband, father, colleage... others want him to be is gonna be solved with this marriage.

jordinajamaica

[43]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 42
    boom-moo wrote:
    It was cute and all what Danny said was beautiful, but still that: "I can be the man you want me to be" makes me think of a not so bright future ahead. He can be it but he is not? He can be it to do the right thing? I think he loves Lindsay, but I don't think he would have married her yet not being because of the baby. Granted everyone has doubts before taking such a huge step, and that no one is pointing a gun at him, but I don't think his inner struggle between being himself and being the man, friend, husband, father, colleage... others want him to be is gonna be solved with this marriage.

Yeah but after that he says I AM that man, and Lindsay answers 'I know you are', so I just think what he meants is that he would not disappoint her anymore, I somehow think that he is telling her that he is the man she fell in love with, again, after Rikki and Ruben, he is finally back to be that man, the one that was when they started...Did I make sense?

boom-moo

[44]Mar 12, 2009
    You do. I don't think he is that man though. Danny has always been very complex in his emotions and controversial in his acts. I don't see that changing anytime soon, and I have this feeling that a committed life is something that put a restraint to his nature adn something he is not ready for yet. Mac said he had no doubt Danny'd make a great father. I have no doubt either. Not so sure about making a great husband or rather that this step will bring him happiness in the long run. I still think he wouldn't have married her yet not being for the baby. You do?

jordinajamaica

[45]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 42
    I don't think so either, but I really don't see the point on getting married now, either...

rusticangel

[46]Mar 12, 2009
    I think you are right, if it wasnt for this baby Danny would never have married Lindsay as much as I hate to admit it. He even admitted that they were having problems in 'The Box' he said they werent the same after the Reuben incident.

You can also see on Lindsays face that even she has reservations, but she is good person and she does love him, so I think she will try to make it work with him.

boom-moo

[47]Mar 12, 2009
    Exactly. They are both trying to do their best, but sometimes maybe it is better not to act on them and just let things be the way they are if they work. I dunno, it is hard for me to put it into words. Cute and all, this wedding thing is not growing into me either yet.

Elucido

[48]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 3
    YAY! Danny and Lindsay! Yay! What can I say, I'm an old Romantic at heart. Now if only I could shake the feeling that something horrible will happen down the line to mess it all up.

Darn You TPTB! Why can't you ever let people be happy and STAY happy!?

KAMMOO

[49]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 2
    "Granted everyone has doubts before taking such a huge step, and that no one is pointing a gun at him, but I don't think his inner struggle between being himself and being the man, friend, husband, father, colleage... others want him to be is gonna be solved with this marriage."

I dunno...you don't think that maybe it's not only all these people who want him to be that man, maybe it's himself too? I don't exactly watch CSI:NY with a fine-toothed comb, watching and re-watching and whatnot, but what I DO remember most from this episode was that Danny was terrified of letting Lindsay down, of disappointing her. If there's anyone who doesn't want him to be the guy who would let her down, it's him, more than it is his colleagues and whoever else. Not saying that that's going to solve everything, but to me it doesn't really seem like the problem is between Danny's inner struggle to be himself and being the person "people" want him to be (I don't see too much discrepancy between those two persons). The problem seems more with getting Lindsay to believe that he IS that person - the struggle seems to be that she might never actually believe that.

DaisyBeetle

[50]Mar 12, 2009
    I loved the whole episode. Of course D/L will have their problems just like any married couple does. Maybe they did get married because of the baby, but it would have happened at some point. Danny said he "knew himself" referring to the baby and marrying Lindsay. TPTB know they need to keep the show primarily about solving crimes and not make it into a soap opera, so I doubt they will make D/L and their marital stuff too big of an issue. I could analyze it to death, but why spoil the moment.....

boom-moo

[51]Mar 12, 2009
    KAMMOO wrote:
    I dunno...you don't think that maybe it's not only all these people who want him to be that man, maybe it's himself too?
    I think that if he would want to be that man, he'd stop wanting to be him and just be him. If you want something, it's become you haven't achieved it yet.

KAMMOO wrote:
    what I DO remember most from this episode was that Danny was terrified of letting Lindsay down, of disappointing her. If there's anyone who doesn't want him to be the guy who would let her down, it's him, more than it is his colleagues and whoever else.
    Danny is scared because he knows it can totally happen becaus let's remembe it has happened already. He has to change to be the man she wants and the man he wants to be for her, and changing one's nature is the hardest thing to do. Maybe a big part of it consists of Lindsay realizing that, as she put it, he is indeed hard to love, and that she gotta accept him as he is.
    KAMMOO wrote:
    The problem seems more with getting Lindsay to believe that he IS that person - the struggle seems to be that she might never actually believe that.
    Exactly. This is what I meant in the last line of the previous paragraph. He has to make her see that he already is that person, without changing for her or for anyone else.
    DaisyBeetle wrote:
    TPTB know they need to keep the show primarily about solving crimes and not make it into a soap opera, so I doubt they will make D/L and their marital stuff too big of an issue.
    I really hope that's the case, maybe the wedding was the easier way out from all the drama and unfinished issues (Rikki, etc.) and a fresh angst free return to normalcy again.

saleblanc

[52]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 32

WOW Really great discussions guys.... Rhylee M&Ms coming your way THANK YOU! *off to see if I can find it on ITunes*

Now, if my two cents is worth anything. As a wife, I think my biggest fear EVER is disappointing my hubby. D&L have had a rocky road for awhile and I honestly don't think Lindsay wants him to change. She fell in love with him as he was. Danny maybe think he needs to, maybe in efforts to not lose, hurt or disappoint her again. Honestly, I'm thinking that maybe a self-confidence issue within Danny. That he needs to change and be better in order to feel like he deserves Lindsay and the baby. ( I know I've been there ). But I think ultimately, Lindsay will reassure him and he'll learn that he's loved just the way he is. As Lindsay told him, it's not just about them as a couple, they both need to learn to share their life with each and a child which every "commited" person learns if the relationship is going to be successful. Women tend to be better at it because we tend to be the nurturers. I don't think the road will be easy and of course there will be challenges but I think as long as they want to make it work and love each they can resolve and/or compromise with whatever comes their way..

boom-moo

[53]Mar 12, 2009
    saleblanc wrote:
    I honestly don't think Lindsay wants him to change. She fell in love with him as he was. Danny maybe think he needs to, maybe in efforts to not lose, hurt or disappoint her again. Honestly, I'm thinking that maybe a self-confidence issue within Danny. That he needs to change and be better in order to feel like he deserves Lindsay and the baby.
    Yeah, but Lindsay fell in love with season 2/3 Danny. Season 4 Danny was a different story: a Danny who cheated on her (even if technically they weren't together, whatever), a Danny who would forget her bday, a Danny who would push her out of his life. That is Danny as well, and that is the Danny who disappointed her.

DaisyBeetle

[54]Mar 12, 2009

boom-moo wrote:
    saleblanc wrote:
    I honestly don't think Lindsay wants him to change. She fell in love with him as he was. Danny maybe think he needs to, maybe in efforts to not lose, hurt or disappoint her again. Honestly, I'm thinking that maybe a self-confidence issue within Danny. That he needs to change and be better in order to feel like he deserves Lindsay and the baby.
    Yeah, but Lindsay fell in love with season 2/3 Danny. Season 4 Danny was a different story: a Danny who cheated on her (even if technically they weren't together, whatever), a Danny who would forget her bday, a Danny who would push her out of his life. That is Danny as well, and that is the Danny who disappointed her.

Everyone messes up in relationsips, everyone disappoints their partner at some point, even TV couples!! Lindsay didn't cheat on Danny but she did push him away at first. They've already encountered difficulties and they made it through. I hate to compare them to Ross and Rachel, but I think they're destined to be together in this show. Neither could be with anyone else and be truly happy.

saleblanc

[55]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 32
    I wholeheartedly agree.... but I think it's also a chance to learn from mistakes and move forward. Like Mac told him, They've been given a gift....

boom-moo

[56]Mar 12, 2009
    Yeah, but those gifts, aka unexpected kids, aren't the magic wond that brings people closer and make things work. Quite on the contrary. But tv is tv, I guess.

Yeah, God brought them both together

KAMMOO

[57]Mar 12, 2009
    TV brought them both together, so whatever, right? It's CSI:NY, not OC, or even Friends - heck, the writers, as good as they've made this storyline, are on shaky ground as it is (since as far as I know, this is the farthest they've gone with a serious pairing between two main characters [even Grissom and Sara, to the best of my knowledge, haven't gotten as far as D/L). It's not exactly going to be easy to write if Lindsay and Danny end up in divorce (since, unlike with Warrick or Catherine Willows or Horatio, we'd have to see the post-divorce angstfest every single week), so I don't see them dumping a load of marital drama on the viewers. The wedding was cute, and I agree that it's the producers' way of saying that all is, if not well, at least getting there.

I do feel it should be noted that Season 2/3 Danny was also a Danny that still hooked up with random girls all the time (not so much in S3), who as far as we know didn't acknowledge Lindsay's b-day either, and wasn't exactly inviting her into his life (though I guess he might've if she'd asked -- he was mostly trying to get into her life, the few times they talked seriously in S3). He's not all that different from Season 4 Danny. He certainly didn't seem to be an expert with relationships. Flying across the country because she needs him, doesn't mean he's also that guy who remembers b-days and anniversaries, and I think Lindsay knows that. It might annoy her, but I don't think it makes him someone different from the guy she fell for. S2/3 Danny loved Lindsay and was determined to be there for her even if she didn't ask him to be. I didn't see that change at all in S4. It hurt Lindsay that HE was just as unwilling to let her be there for him, but nothing from either S2 or S3 should've led anyone to expect differently. Danny didn't grieve for Ruben any differently than he grieved for Aiden or Louie (storming off, trying to deal with it on his own, etc). We didn't see him turn to Lindsay either of those times. Things might look different from actually BEING in a relationship with Danny, but he's been the same guy she fell for all through the show - which is probably what causes the up-down periods, but does confirm that she still loves him.

disneyfan1995

[58]Mar 12, 2009
    I missed this episode of CSI NY, can anybody tell me what happens in detail coz there wasnt a full recap.

Da_Tonks

[59]Mar 12, 2009

Here is the new SODL for this episode. They have blocked it in many countries so I'm in the process of uploading it to rapidshare so you can all download it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnYd1StfdI0

Will update with download link in a few minutes.

Edit: Download link - http://rapidshare.com/files/208545511/sodl43.wmv

Edited on 03/12/2009 4:53pm
    Edited 2 total times.

boom-moo

[60]Mar 12, 2009
    I don't think Danny has changed bid deal from season 2/3 to season 4 Danny, and I wouldn't like him to. But he has changed in what Lindsay is concerned. While in 2/3 we've seen multiple examples of how deeply he cared for her, season 4 was a totally different story. I totally think that not being because Anna got pregnant, there would have been no wedding, and probably the relationship wouldn't have been retaken (at least in a committed way) either. Remember Rikki was supposed to be back before Anna got pregnant. The way things have been rushed make go all meh about the wedding that wouldn't have happened otherwise. I dunno if I said it in here or in the M&Ms, but I agree that the wedding might be TPTB's easy way out of season 4 D/L mess, where even the actors didn't know if they were together or what the heck was going on. And now boom baby + wedding? Ok then I take what I am given, and I know I shouldn't root for consistency hard, but I just hope Danny's character isn't ruined with out of character stuff. I'll pm you, disneyfan