CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

(Possible spoilers for episode 519 Communication Breakdown)

tonyandzivafan

[21]Mar 25, 2009
    • level: 41
    Really love this episode. And at first when Danny was going on an on with boys names, I thought oh this is the way we find out. Of course it isnt true. Squuuuueeeeee, its a girl!!!! I can see Danny being sooooo over protective. And I feel bad already for any future b/f's. Sadly I was the only one that said twins, or at least I think I was.

Flack and Angell were too cute tonight.

I'll have more to say later.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

princessleia77

[22]Mar 25, 2009
    • level: 26

I cheered when I heard the Dutch and Lithuanian parts. Unfortunately, I only speak a very little bit of both, so even with the closed captioning, I barely understood it. Sid did translate the Lithuanian though. I was hoping to be able to understand when Angell spoke French, but she spoke too fast for me to be able to understand without reading, and the closed captioning just said (speaking French).

Edit: I posted before the episode finished airing here. I was referring to the first time Angell spoke French, at the beginning when she was doing interviews at the scene. When she spoke French to Flack at the end, it was closed captioned, so I understood it that time.

Edited on 03/25/2009 10:58pm

Sidle_Love

[23]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 8

I just broke out in the biggest smile when that guy spoke danish!

Btw. he was the guy in the red jacket, and I'll translate what he said:

In the train after he stepped on that guys foot he said: "What the hell? What's your problem?"

And when he talked to the officer: "What was I suposed to do? What is the problem?"

And Danny and Lindsay are having a girl!!!!!! Yaaaay......

boom-moo

[24]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 75
    princessleia77 wrote:
    I posted before the episode finished airing here. I was referring to the first time Angell spoke French, at the beginning when she was doing interviews at the scene. When she spoke French to Flack at the end, it was closed captioned, so I understood it that time.
    She said "Qu'avez vous vu dans le train?" which means: What have you seen at the train? Then the translated bit is: "Passez a mon apartement plus tard et je vous montrerai le sense veritable des relations internationaux".

Might be not 100% accurate but I'm positive that's basically it. Gwen is welcome to prove me wrong

Lmao at all the teasing with the names. Danny teasing Hawkes and Adam laughing at Mac's name totally cracked me up Flack and Angell bits were really cute, he brushing the colourful dust out of her, and then getting NYPD blue on him. And lol at the translator and Angell's naughty proposition

So many language bits to be translated yet. I'm also really curious about Stella's Greek bit to Danny at the Indian guy's apartment. Ada, please, update us

The case was interesting for a while, but Hawkes figured out pretty early so it just finding who did it. I usually like it more the how was it done so it kinda bored me a bit.

gwenpiper24

[25]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 31
    boom-moo wrote:
    princessleia77 wrote:
    I posted before the episode finished airing here. I was referring to the first time Angell spoke French, at the beginning when she was doing interviews at the scene. When she spoke French to Flack at the end, it was closed captioned, so I understood it that time.
    She said "Qu'avez vous vu dans le train?" which means: What have you seen at the train? Then the translated bit is: "Passez a mon apartement plus tard et je vous montrerai le sense veritable des relations internationaux".

Might be not 100% accurate but I'm positive that's basically it. Gwen is welcome to prove me wrong

*cough*, appartement, sens, internationales*cough*

now why on earth is she saying 'vous' hello people!! she knows the guy! now wouldn't 'passe a mon appartement et je te montrerai le veritable sens des relations internationales' sounds so much better? i know you probably don't care. *sighs*

i loved that Danny was trying to find baby names, so cute how he focused on a boy's name, kinda obvious then that he'd be wrong though. but it was really cute.

boom-moo

[26]Mar 26, 2009
    LOL, I'm so rusty

Danny was cute at first with the names thing, but it grew old soon and by the end it was kinda annoying to me. Hello, writing down names while processing? Talking about names with Mac when he is supposed to be focusing on the case? It was overused, but the bonding last scene was really cute

gwenpiper24

[27]Mar 26, 2009
    yeah the scene with Mac was a bit overdone. i liked the conversation with Stella and Hawkes though. those were funny.

boom-moo

[28]Mar 26, 2009
    Yeah, a couple of jokes are alright (they actually were really funny) but after the episode I had the feeling that everyone had worked hard but Danny, who just figured about the map and actually did few less in comparison with the others.

gwenpiper24

[29]Mar 26, 2009
    yeah i guess you're right, thinking about it, he wasn't really focused to his job there.

what i would have liked too is that he mentions Louie as a name for the baby, wouldn't it have been good to take two seconds to update us on his brother or something.

boom-moo

[30]Mar 26, 2009
    Ah yes, that annoyed me to bits as well. If they aren't going to give us continuity, why to mention it?

I loved that Adam processed the hurling stick, being Irish himself. That cute a nice touch

flamecatcher

[31]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 15

Okay give me three hours and I'll have what Flack said both typed and translated for you's hopefully!!

I've got a test in 30 minutes so haven't had a chance to watch the episode yet and after class gotta find a computer to sit down and watch the episode! but I'm so looking forward to it and hoping I can understand Flack!!

Edited on 03/26/2009 3:27am

gwenpiper24

[32]Mar 26, 2009
    yeah when he mentioned Louie, i thought 'great we're gonna know a little bit about him'. but noooooo! what was the point then?

yeah that was cute, but Adam's a cute guy, like at the end laughing about naming the baby Mac, with Mac himself just next to him.

FoxPhile

[33]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 8
    gwenpiper24 wrote:
    yeah when he mentioned Louie, i thought 'great we're gonna know a little bit about him'. but noooooo! what was the point then?

And you couldn't even get a tiny little hint from Danny's emotions at the time. He just dropped Louie's name casually. I would think that if his brother was either dead or still in a coma that there would be some seriousness, or pause for reflection when he mentioned his name. Maybe they can name the baby Louise?

boom-moo

[34]Mar 26, 2009
    Thank you, Sparky I kept my hopes too hight thinking that maybe I would catch up something

Yeah, one can't really tell from Danny's reaction. If I had to guess I'd say he is alive though.

flamecatcher

[35]Mar 26, 2009
    at Adam doing the whole "sliotar" and "cumann"!! Brilliant!!!

boom-moo

[36]Mar 26, 2009
    That was great. I bet he was really happy to deal with his Irish heritage even if in a hidden way

flamecatcher

[37]Mar 26, 2009
    You know that the translation of what Flack said appears on the screen? Or was that just me? And Eddie did it pretty good, especially his "ceart go leor"

gwenpiper24

[38]Mar 26, 2009
    yeah we saw the translation but i was curious to know how good a job Eddie did.

flamecatcher

[39]Mar 26, 2009
    Just to let you knows that the guy that was arrested for owning the cumann is Scottish and not Irish. Scottish Gaelic is a little different than Irish Gaelic but Flack spoke in Irish Gaelic. He did a good job at it. Would believe he knows how to really speak it!!

gwenpiper24

[40]Mar 26, 2009
    wow good job Eddie then, i bet it wasn't easy for him since he said he didn't speak it. makes it even hotter.