CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Possible Spoilers for forbidden fruit episode 511

boom-moo

[41]Dec 18, 2008
    • level: 75
    You are missing out! Go watch!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GrandviewEagles

[42]Dec 18, 2008
    • level: 20
    *Runs furiously to the TV*

boom-moo

[43]Dec 18, 2008
    *pats Amy in the back* Good girl Let us know what you think later.

AgentAlias01

[44]Dec 18, 2008
    • level: 4

i thought the ep was ok.

the D/L scene in the hallway was so cute. i like how it showed some kind of progress in their relationship and how they feel about the whole situation. it seems like Lindsay is more comfortable with the whole thing and being around Danny. to me it looked like she was uncomfortable around him for a while but now that she knows he's fully on board with the baby she's more relaxed and comfortable.

i have a feeling the writers are going to have some conversations happen with Danny or Lindsay with a member of the team having to do with the baby. like Adam saying how much it takes to raise a kid, it was just something for Danny to think about and i think through out the time Lindsay is pregnant conversations like that will take place.

i am not a fan of the Mac and Stella storylines. Mac with a stalker is weird and annoying. the story with Ella McBride ended a few eps ago and should have been left that way. Stella i'm not liking her with a vendetta and breaking rules. i'm really not liking how she dragged Angell into her mess, if anything happeneds to Angell i will scream she's too great of a character to be messed with.

now we have to wait 4 weeks for a new ep!!!! i can't wait that long they're taking my crack away from me!!

boom-moo

[45]Dec 18, 2008
    If Mac lets Stella get away with this I'm gonna be pretty disappointed. He's been hard on Danny, Aiden and Hawkes. Stella already got away with the VIH thingy contaminating the scene and keeping it a secret. Let's see how this disregard to order and rules is handled. I love Stella, but she is into a big NO NO right now.
    Edited on 12/18/2008 6:04pm

Mystik225

[46]Dec 18, 2008
    • level: 6
    *throws tantrum* My stupid DVR did it again! Recorded only the first 13 minutes and then just stopped. That's it, the thing is going back to the cable company. You don't mess with my NY, not two weeks in a row.

danharr

[47]Dec 18, 2008
    • level: 45
    BillieBJones wrote:

Also what is that with the Mac stalker, i can't believe they're serioulsy thinking of hooking him up with her or something? that's almost like pedophilia! plus the chick is crazy, she flirt with her dad. And what's with Mac/Stella fighting? i hated that.

Yea it's not going to be smiles, candy, and puppy dog tails each episode so yea Mac and Stella get to fight it fit the story and if everyone loved each other all the time it would be boring. Secondly are you kidding me from that episode you get a hook up um yea you may need to watch a little more tv before posting. It's so obvious that they're setting Mac up for a one side Fatal Attaction deal hook up come on.

GrandviewEagles

[48]Dec 19, 2008
    • level: 20
    GrandviewEagles wrote:
    *Runs furiously to the TV*

I liked this episode. The D/L scene was very cute. I'm guessing the rest of the lab knows about the baby because Adam was taking about how much it costs. Although it was cute. The look on Mac's face when he was eating the Miricle Fruit was hilarious. I do hope someone gave some breath mints afterward! The Mac/Stella thing: OH GEEZ! I do hope this doesn't affect their friendship. I also hope Angell doesn't get in trouble. That Ella girl is insane. I can see she's going to be a pain in Mac's side for awhile. I just hope she doesn't cause too much trouble for him. I thought it was a good episode though.

boom-moo

[49]Dec 19, 2008
    Lmao, what would those mints have tasted like? His taste buds are supposed to be altered for a few hours. That's a scary though to me

Ravinss

[50]Dec 19, 2008
    • level: 3

So there was line in this episode... something like "My friend here believes in science, but I believe in facts"

WTF?

so science is all a bunch of made up BS? Science is not fact based at all. We just dream it all up.

Seriously? Way to be a retard

boom-moo

[51]Dec 19, 2008
    Flack confused me too. Science and facts are pretty much related, I guess science helps prove facts wright or wrong. Flack laid some facts there that wouldn't be useful against Colby (was it?) if science wouldn't have proven them correct. I guess he was trying to be intidating or something.

How hot was that Colby guy?

jordinajamaica

[52]Dec 19, 2008
    • level: 42
    boom-moo wrote:

How hot was that Colby guy?

He appeared in 'The OC'... but he looked yummy, anyways!!

boom-moo

[53]Dec 19, 2008
    Meh, serves me well for not watching enough tv

wildfirestar

[54]Dec 19, 2008
    Ravinss wrote:

So there was line in this episode... something like "My friend here believes in science, but I believe in facts"

WTF?

so science is all a bunch of made up BS? Science is not fact based at all. We just dream it all up.

Seriously? Way to be a retard

Yeah, that bothered me too. I'm guessing he probably just meant that he needs/wants/uses facts and proof, and Danny provides that information. I don't know, it was kind of confusing.

Anyway, it was a good episode. I thought the concept of the fruit and drain cleaner was good, except for one thing: how did no one else ingest any of the liquid in the blender?

I loved Mac in the grocery store, using the mirror to see who was following him...haha. And Ella stalking Mac is just weird. Out of all the people she could have picked...I guess she just likes him because he was supportive of her during the investigation of her father's death. Now she'll be even more attached because he came and saved her when she tried commit suicide. And what was up with her card? I mean, really, I know Ella's not quite normal right now, but he's obviously not interested in her. I see the next step in their relationship being a restraining order.

I though this episode did an excellent job of showing how good Mac is at his profession. He was willing to reprimand Stella despite their friendship because he knows that he can't make exceptions to the rules for people on his team. And even though he didn't punish Ella for the fake card, he did make it clear that he wasn't at all pleased. She needed to be told that this wasn't acceptable, that Mac wasn't going to just let it go because she had experience familial problems recently. Mac always seems to know when the right amount of restraint or firmness is needed in dealing with a situation, which is what makes him so good at dealing with victims and suspects, coworkers and unknowns on the street.

Edited on 12/19/2008 1:13pm
    Edited 2 total times.

boom-moo

[55]Dec 19, 2008
    I dunno if it is just my perception, but not being in the case of Aiden, Mac seems to disregard a bit the rules and get his anger in check way better when it comes to women. He let Stella get away with contaminating a scene when she cut and kept hidden the whole VIH story, he let Lindsay get away with it when she left the evidence unattended and he decided not to arrest Ella even though she purposedly misleaded a criminal imvestigation. Those are 3 really important rule breaking cases in which he should have been way more severe.

However, he's been way more bossy and less understanding with Hawkes and Danny, even with Flack.

Let's see how he handles Stella breaking a direct order this time.

tonyandzivafan

[56]Dec 19, 2008
    • level: 41
    After watching it a second time, I realized something. We know that Mac knows aobut Lindsay being pregnant. And Stella as well as Adam. But I was surprised that Flack didnt say anything. Flack and Danny are supposed to be good friends right? So why no comment? I hope it was just a slip up.

boom-moo

[57]Dec 19, 2008
    Hawkes didn't say anything either. I guess that Adam was the one with less lines so they added the little conversation with Danny there. And his dad being a bully came in handy. Flack already had a lot of scenes and Hawkes had a decent deal as well (he processed the party place, he put the machine apart, he found out about the plant). Adad did nothing but dig in the elephat dung. Maybe Flack and Hawkes will have some lines about the pregnancy in the following episodes. There's still time. I guess that if everyone would have made some mention, it would have been making too big of a deal of it. The D/L scene was enough to me. Made sense?

wildfirestar

[58]Dec 19, 2008
    boom-moo wrote:
    I dunno if it is just my perception, but not being in the case of Aiden, Mac seems to disregard a bit the rules and get his anger in check way better when it comes to women. He let Stella get away with contaminating a scene when she cut and kept hidden the whole VIH story, he let Lindsay get away with it when she left the evidence unattended and he decided not to arrest Ella even though she purposedly misleaded a criminal imvestigation. Those are 3 really important rule breaking cases in which he should have been way more severe.

However, he's been way more bossy and less understanding with Hawkes and Danny, even with Flack.

Let's see how he handles Stella breaking a direct order this time.

I think Mac was lenient in Stella's HIV case because he knew that she was mainly worried about her health, that if it the mistake ended up impacting the investigation she would have come forward. I haven't watched the episode with Lindsay and the evidence, but I think that in Ella's case he was showing that he knows how far to take things (he did yell at her a fair amount). And yes, he probably should have freaked out more about those instances, but I like that he seems to know when to address problems and when to let things deal with themselves. At least he doesn't go all Horatio-Caine-let-me-take-the-law-into-my-own-hands on us. haha CSI:Miami is so amusingly pathetic.

You do give excellent examples and make good points. And I agree; I'm interested to see how Mac deals with Stella this time.

boom-moo

[59]Dec 19, 2008
    I agree that Mac adds his common sense to his love for the respect to the rules and procedures. He has himself been wrong a lot of times, and we have learnt that he also has a shady past, so it's good that he lets his human condition be as big of a part as his professional one.
    Edited on 12/19/2008 2:35pm

saleblanc

[60]Dec 19, 2008
    • level: 32

I think there is an aspect of this situation with Stella that hasn't been approached.

Yeah, we acknowledge Stella is in trouble for disobeying a direct order. But my question would be has she shared this with Jess or Danny? They could be totally unaware that Stella's been told to back off and are continuing to assist her under the pretense that she has the go ahead from Mac. But I think it will be interesting to see if this is the case, how Jess and Danny, Danny especially, are going to feel about Stella leading them on an investigation which violates a direct order. Think about it, both Jess and Danny could end up in BIG trouble, possibly suspended or even fired, for helping her.

Personally, I'd be pissed and to me it would violate a trust.

What do you think???

Edited on 12/19/2008 4:53pm