CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

(possible spoilers for Pay Up episode 525)

tonyandzivafan

[42]May 14, 2009
    • level: 41
    saleblanc wrote:

*deep breath* Here we go.... I'll be back if I can talk.

I knew it was coming. I thought I was prepared and to a degree I was but still it was like a punch in the gut then a tear to the heart hearing Don utter the words. I think tonight's episode is a prime example of how fans become invested in the characters of their favorite shows, regardless of the size of their roles. You felt the intensity from the onset when you knew what was coming or not. I have to say EDDIE I am so proud of you. He showcased his talent in ways that you felt his pain and his rage at who was taken from him. But you also feel the emotions from the rest of the team at the loss of Jess. The case as a hole was GREAT!!!! The involvment of Dunbrook, the kidnapping of his son then tossing in the "military" caliber equipment, the script kept you guessing at every move and it kept me on the edge of my seat from the beginning. I loved watching Dunbrook not really knowing what he's up against in dealing with our Mac Taylor. I was curious as to how the military angle was going to get worked in but as always they pulled it off. You had the entire team entwined throughout from Adam helping in tracking Dunbrook as well as Sid taking care of Jess in the end, even Terrance helping out in pointing the team in the right direction. The final scene with Don in the basement, I just felt for him. I don't think we've seen the last of Dunbrook. With NY it's usually always a stunning cliff hanger and this year is no different.

Time to change my signature - "OMG Is It September Yet?"

Well said. And I completely agree with you on Eddie in this. And Dunbrook is likely not gone. The one thing that I didnt think of it at the time was near the end when Dunbrook came into Mac's office and right before he left he said, be careful or something close to that. It makes me think he is behind the second shooting.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DantanaMM

[43]May 15, 2009
    • level: 5
    I just got done watching it with my mom. Let me tell you, From the start of her phone call, I just wanted to hug Flack. I didn't cry until I saw him cry, but believe me, I cried hard. Excellent episode, can't wait for September! Even though that means going back to school. *drags Flack home and cries with him*

jordinajamaica

[44]May 15, 2009
    • level: 42
    Wow....

The moment I saw Angell flirting with Flack on the phone my eyes started tearing up. I knew it was her who died but I couldn't believe it until I saw it. Flack hears everything through his phone and drives there from the other side of the city and manages to arrive before the ambulance and even has to take her to the hospital himself. I really liked that the one saying that she was dead was Flack. And when he did told that to Danny my tears started to fall...
    For once I thought that everything was planned by Dunbrooks son to get his father's money and off from jail, and that is still possible since we don't know who pay those guys to kidnap Connor, right???
    The case was great. Lots of action and touchy moments. I really suffered when the guys where outside the hangar and they were shooting at them or at the end when they got in the warehouse to get the bad guys.
    Nice moment the one between Flack and Angell's dad. My crying got worse when ANgell Sr. tells Flack that in the last months she was happier, and it was because of Flack although they didn't say it!
    I didn't like one thing. That Flack killed the guy that killed Angell. The guy was already dying but I don't believe in the eye for eye thing...
    And the end?? We don't know if or who gets shot!!! We have to wait 4 months to get an answer to that! Is is season 6 premiere yet???

boom-moo

[45]May 15, 2009
    • level: 75
    I absolutely loved the episode but it totally brought me down. No matter how many spoilers I read about it, it kept me at the edge of my seat. Meh

jordinajamaica

[46]May 15, 2009
    I forgot to say: EMMY NOMINATION FOR EDDIE CAHILL PLEASE!!!!
    He made an amazing job!!

tonyandzivafan

[47]May 15, 2009
    • level: 41
    jordinajamaica wrote:
    I forgot to say: EMMY NOMINATION FOR EDDIE CAHILL PLEASE!!!!
    He made an amazing job!!

Maybe we can start a petition? I do it but dont know who it would be sent too?

And what did everyone think of Dunbrook saying to Mac near the end, to be careful?

boom-moo

[48]May 15, 2009
    tonyandzivafan wrote:
    And what did everyone think of Dunbrook saying to Mac near the end, to be careful?
    I dunno but even though at first I didn't like the whole Dunbrook plotline, it kept growing on me and it seems like it's gonna be carried on so we'll see.

jordinajamaica

[49]May 15, 2009
    boom-moo wrote:
    tonyandzivafan wrote:
    I dunno but even though at first I didn't like the whole Dunbrook plotline, it kept growing on me and it seems like it's gonna be carried on so we'll see.

I think he was playing with MAc... Although is still not clear who is behind his son's kidnap, right? everything is possible....

FoxPhile

[50]May 15, 2009
    • level: 8

Totally, totally awesome episode! The scene with Flack telling Danny was so intense and absolutely heart-wrenching. And I thought Danny's scene in Season 2 when he met Mac outside the hospital after Louie was beaten up was intense! Eddie Cahill's performance in this was just stunning!

I have to wonder if there will be any fallout for Flack for killing the perp. Not that I blame him one bit, but he basically executed the man. Danny realizes what happened, I think, but I doubt he'll say a word. I get the impression it bothers him, though, just a bit. I think Danny has always looked at Flack to be the perfect cop and totally by the book. Regardless of the provocation, I don't think he expected this from Flack.

boom-moo

[51]May 15, 2009
    FoxPhile wrote:
    I have to wonder if there will be any fallout for Flack for killing the perp. Not that I blame him one bit, but he basically executed the man.
    I don't think Danny would mention it, but I guess some investigation would follow. It can actually go either way, and if TPTB decide to write it in, it'll be really interesting to watch. I don't think they will, though.

jennabby

[52]May 15, 2009
    • level: 16
    OMG what a cliffie, i was crying when Angell died but i was even worse at the end when the person shooting was shooting everywhere.
    Do you guys think that next season will just pick up from that point, or be like a few weeks after it happened and just get tidbits of information from the shooting? Is it september yet?
    and also when Flack had the guy that shot Jess down in the boiler room, i was totally yelling at my laptop, kill him flack kill him he took Jessie
    Stella and Mac hugged and she kissed his cheek also so that brightened the episode up for me a teeny bit Jenna xx

EmpireClover

[53]May 15, 2009
    • level: 19
    W-O-W what an episode!
    The ending was just intense man, I wasn't expecting that, I completely forgot about the other person getting injured. Please tell me the spoiler thread knows who it is *off to check* And someone best be injured, I will be annoyed if I fret all summer for nothing
    Absolutley fantastic acting from Eddie. I was a bit annoyed they cut it just after he started crying when we first found out, he did such a good job.
    Brill!

boom-moo

[54]May 15, 2009
    jennabby wrote:
    Do you guys think that next season will just pick up from that point, or be like a few weeks after it happened and just get tidbits of information from the shooting?
    No idea, I hope it is picked up from the very point it ended like they did with season 4 to season 5.

Blondie780

[55]May 15, 2009
    • level: 7
    boom-moo wrote:
    jennabby wrote:
    Do you guys think that next season will just pick up from that point, or be like a few weeks after it happened and just get tidbits of information from the shooting?
    No idea, I hope it is picked up from the very point it ended like they did with season 4 to season 5.
    I hope so, too. I thought the cliffhanger ending was handled well. It was intense and not cheesy. I've loved the last few episodes of this season. I was only a casual watcher before but after Wednesday and Thursday's eps, I think I've found a new show.
    Edited on 05/15/2009 7:39am

PixieLyssie

[56]May 15, 2009
    • level: 20
    wow. so I guess everyone but me loved it.. maybe I should watch it again.. I was in a terrible mood last night...but as for now Im still not thrilled...

boom-moo

[57]May 15, 2009
    Blondie780 wrote:
    I think I've found a new show.
    It's a great show indeed, welcome to the board

Blondie780

[58]May 15, 2009
    • level: 7
    boom-moo wrote:
    Blondie780 wrote:
    I think I've found a new show.
    It's a great show indeed, welcome to the board

Thanks!

KAMMOO

[59]May 15, 2009
    • level: 2
    Okay, big question -- when did this episode air??? I never saw it on TV, and darn, I'll be SOO mad if I missed it...

boom-moo

[60]May 15, 2009
    It aired last night, Thursday 14th