CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

(possible spoilers for RIP Marin Garito episode 618)

jordinajamaica

[21]Apr 8, 2010
    • level: 42
    boom-moo wrote:
    If only he would have jumped, he kind of slid into it. Unhot

I didn't dislike the way he jumped in it, after all there was that bar so he couldn't jump head first and all but I'd like to see him get Stella out of the pool all wet and clothes sticking to his body....*drools* Sorry, I got distracted
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[22]Apr 8, 2010
    • level: 75
    I didn't like it. It's weird that they didn't use a stunt to jump over the railing and then head first or do something a bit more cool since Eddie isn't shown at all inside the pool or coming out of it. It is clearly Eddie's stunt who jumps from the fire escape.

kwadd1985

[23]Apr 8, 2010
    • level: 4

boom-moo wrote:
    Edit: Forgot to ask: Is it Danny's badge the one they give to Mr. Dirisa inside the passport? I think it was his because Danny was placed to the right (from a watcher's point of view) of Mr. Dirisa so then it must have been Danny's hand which left the passport on the bar's counter. If it is Danny's, I'm at a lack of words and -s.

I noticed this too! It was definitely Danny who put the passport on the bar ... you can see the sleeve of his beige jacket and ring at one point, but I'm really confused about the badge!! I was thinking that it could have been Flack's badge, but then wouldn't Flack have been the one to put it down?! I guess it could also have been a replica or something they used for such situations. I'm none the wiser! :S

I'm really hoping it wasn't Danny's, while it would be nice he'd got it back, after TPTB made SUCH a big deal about it going missing and Danny not reporting it, I would hope that they'd definitely show/tell us if it had been found!

Overall I really liked the episode, it was definitely welcome to have everyone in the episode, especially with it being Stella-centric. I really liked how all of the other characters were written in, each with their own little part to play alongside Stella.

Edited on 04/08/2010 3:38pm

boom-moo

[24]Apr 8, 2010
    kwadd1985 wrote:
    I was thinking that it could have been Flack's badge, but then wouldn't Flack have been the one to put it down?!
    Exactly, it would have been Flack the one putting it down.

kwadd1985 wrote:
    I'm really hoping it wasn't Danny's, while it would be nice he'd got it back, after TPTB made SUCH a big deal about it going missing and Danny not reporting it, I would hope that they'd definitely show/tell us if it had been found!
    Absolutely with you in all accounts here!

Labrats_r_us

[25]Apr 8, 2010
    • level: 5

I thought it was one of the better episodes this season, better written than a lot of the others. Even though the case was kind of dull -- I just couldn't get involved -- the team interactions were great, and I enjoyed how everyone (even as they questioned Stella's intuition at first) rallied around her. It was a nice episode team-wise -- hoping they pull it together the same way in the next one. And everyone was there, again!

I did wonder exactly whose badge Danny was flashing. I'm thinking it might've been Flack's. I remember Flack was holding the gun on the stepfather, which is probably why he didn't show the badge himself. He wouldn't have been able to show the badge, hold the gun, and hold the guy in place. Of course, this begs the question of why Danny wasn't the one to hold the gun on the stepfather, while Flack used his badge....but um, I'd rather believe they orchestrated it on purpose than believe the show just dropped another (pretty HUGE) storyline like that.

boom-moo

[26]Apr 8, 2010
    Labrats_r_us wrote:
    Of course, this begs the question of why Danny wasn't the one to hold the gun on the stepfather, while Flack used his badge....
    Exactly my thought as I was reading your take on it. I really like your reasoning though, it's a plausible explanation despite the fact that Danny could have held his gun himself. Guess we'll hace to wait and see.

tonyandzivafan

[27]Apr 8, 2010
    • level: 41

As for Danny's badge thing, I wouldnt be surprised if its a replacement. Dont know protocol, but I wouldnt be surprised if TPTB messed up. They are known for that. I hope I am wrong... very, very wrong. But since its TV, wellI will leave it at that.

Edit: I just rewatched the secene were the step father is arrested. And played it in slow motion. I can say 100% sure but I think Flack clipped his badge back or put in his pocket. And the badge was there off to the side and then there wasnt one. Unless my eyesight is failing me or it was moved out of the camera shot/view.

Edited on 04/08/2010 7:41pm

Mynerva24

[28]Apr 8, 2010
    • level: 10

The epi was ok. Not my favorite, but I like how the team work together to help Stella... The case suck, though... *shrug*

One question: Danny's badge is found? That's his, right? The one he gave inside the passport to the perp? How's that possible?

EDIT:

I can see that everybody has been questioning that also... Should've checked first... Embarassed

Edited on 04/08/2010 7:47pm

kwadd1985

[29]Apr 9, 2010
    • level: 4
    tonyandzivafan wrote:

Edit: I just rewatched the secene were the step father is arrested. And played it in slow motion. I can say 100% sure but I think Flack clipped his badge back or put in his pocket. And the badge was there off to the side and then there wasnt one. Unless my eyesight is failing me or it was moved out of the camera shot/view.

I just rewatched it too, I think Flack is actually putting his gun back in the holster but I can't be 100% sure either, silly non close ups!
    The badge definitely had gone though so maybe we should assume Flack picked it up as well and that it was his!

I am liking everyone's reasoning for it being Flack's the most...its the best explanation without acknowledging that TPTB would really leave Danny getting his badge back out of the episodes (can you tell I don't want to think this?!)

boom-moo

[30]Apr 9, 2010
    From what I can recall I do think as well that Flack is putting his gun back in the holster and probably getting some handcuffs. It'd better be his badge or TPTB would have had disappointed me big time *cough*once more*cough*.

danharr

[31]Apr 9, 2010
    • level: 45

Good episode could've done without the crash was just a dream thing but still good.

estella87

[32]Apr 11, 2010
    • level: 14

So - now, after actually watching the episode, I have to say it was much better than I expected. The case was well presented and not nearly as far-fetched as I anticipated. I also think they did really well with the characters - with Mac's (girl?-)friend giving the first clue to it not being a suicide and Sid confiding in Hawkes that he was worried he might overlook something else, ...

One of the better episodes this season, I'm looking forward to next week

(And yeah - where did he get that badge? Did they just cut the scene where he said that his was stolen and he got a new one and now the audience is confused? We might have to wait for episode 20 or 21 to find out...)

GrandviewEagles

[33]Apr 19, 2010
    • level: 20
    I FINALLY got to watch this episode last night. Here are my thoughts: First I want to say the crash scene was intense! Wow! I thought Stella was a goner there for a minute. The case was good but I thought it was a little slow at times. I'm so glad that Flack is wering a suit again. I do love casual-Flack but suit-Flack shows that he's healing. Now if only he'd bring back his hideous ties. lol I loved the pool scene. That was great. I'm still not feeling the whole Mac/Aubrey thing. It just seemed so forced to me. The Mac/Stella scene at the end where he tucked her in was just way too cute. I loved it! Did anyone else notice that Gary sounded like he was sick?

boom-moo

[34]Apr 19, 2010
    GrandviewEagles wrote:
    Did anyone else notice that Gary sounded like he was sick?
    I think that he definitely had a cold.

GrandviewEagles

[35]Apr 19, 2010
    • level: 20
    boom-moo wrote:
    GrandviewEagles wrote:
    Did anyone else notice that Gary sounded like he was sick?
    I think that he definitely had a cold.

Thanks ok, we'll all kiss it and make better!