Out of respect for Spoiler free people and in an effort to support their decision and make their navigation around the forum safe, this is the one and only thread where spoilers are allowed to be posted and commented on.
1) These aren't considered spoilers:
a) CBS video promos from the website or Youtube.
b) Episode synopses from tv.com, IMDb, or TV Guide.
c) EDITED episode synopses from thefutoncritic.com.
d) Cast list from IMDb.
2)These are spoilers:
a) Promotional stills and pictures from the episode
b) Sides, scripts, plot giveaways
c) Basically anything that's NOT in what is mentioned above. For example - if CBS decides on a Monday that they want to post all sorts of pictures about Wednesday's episode, that's okay - it's CBS releasing it for the public, not someone getting their hands on something that CBS doesn't want the public to know.
2) You can post links to things, so long as you mention that there are spoilers in the link. Promo stills should not be posted until the day of the episode. If you want to post the pic before then, post a link to it.
3) Remember that if the word "spoilers" is not in the thread title, you need to give warning when you post them. This can be done by putting WARNING: SPOILERS and then several lines between the warning and the spoilers, then putting END SPOILERS. Please keep in mind that multiple spaces do not always format correctly, so try putting asterisks instead of blank lines. Preferably, the warning should be in ALL CAPS and also in RED TEXT so that it is more noticeable when skimming.
Or, you can white the spoilers out, so that you have to highlight to read it. That way, if you don't want to know, you don't have to read it. If your post has the 'blue' background, please use the quote function - [quote ] [ / quote ] without the spaces - and then white it out. If you don't know what color background your post will have, PREVIEW IT FIRST. Yeah. You can do that. This is a tv.com rule.
4) Once an episode has aired in the ENTIRE US and Canada, it is no longer considered a spoiler. It is generally a good idea, if you are SF, to avoid the forums on Wednesday nights from 10 PM Eastern to 2 AM Eastern Thursday morning - or whenever NY has finished airing in your time zone.
5) There is a general spoiler thread, which can be found here. ANY and ALL spoilers go inthat thread.
ANY and ALL spoilers go in that thread. Also, in the correct episode discussion threads, provided that they are posted properly, as stated in #3. Under no circumstances are spoilers to be posted in the other threads, unless they are posted properly. NO SPOILERS ARE ALLOWED IN THE M&M THREADS OR ANY OTHER THREAD AT ALL.
6) A theory that you concocted is NOT a spoiler. The only way you could spoil someone with speculation was if you mention an actual spoiler in your theory. Speculating about what is going to happen is half the fun of watching a television show, and we aren't going to keep you from doing that.
7) Something that was SUPPOSED to happen in an episode, but DIDN'T, is STILL considered a spoiler. Just because it didn't happen in that particular episode doesn't mean that it won't happen later. Episodes are rewritten multiple times before being filmed, and it's possible that the scene was pushed back. Also, spoilers are often unreliable information.
For example, when 312 aired, a lot of people assumed it was Lindsay's last episode, even though it had been previously stated that 314 was. After 312 aired, people complained that they had removed the card that Lindsay gives Danny. "What happened to the card?" "Lindsay was supposed to give Danny a card!" The card came in 314, and thanks to those people, we SF people were spoiled.
8 ) Letting people know if a spoiler is good or bad is STILL a spoiler! Saying that you're excited about an upcoming episode because the spoilers are good is basically ruining the episode for us SF people.
9) Please do NOT quote spoilers. Also, please refrain from discussing said spoilers in any thread other than the spoiler thread, unless you follow the same guidelines you would for posting a spoiler.
Spoiler free people list:
Chantal (Chanouel) - spoiler-free since always!
Jude (kiwi2325) - spoiler-free since July 13th 2008
Brina (Brinchen) - spoiler-free since July 22nd 2008
Weights (DeanW8r) - spoiler-free since May 2008
Heather (HeatherGSRGirl) - spoiler-free since July 22nd 2008
Blue_24 spoiler free sine July 7th 2009.
Edited 2 total times.