CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Season 8 Spoiler thread (Spoilers only please)

tonyandzivafan

[181]Feb 26, 2012
    • level: 41
    boom-moo wrote:
    tonyandzivafan wrote:
    Yeah, and that scene with the opera tickets would be really sad to turn into crap if TPTB don't play out things properly.
    Although TPTB seem to have forgotten about the beach ball with her breath on it. I loved that back then.

tonyandzivafan wrote:
    Has there been anything to suggest there is more in Christine's back story, spoiler wise?
    Not that I can recall.

omg the beach ball. I forgot about that. It was a an awesome scene.

And unrelated to Mac, I would love to know if Danny's brother is dead or alive.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[182]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 75
    8x15 Kill Screen pictures here.

8x16 Slainte details and pics here.

A wave of brutality threatens a small New York City community. As Flack investigates a crime after a body is found dismembered and strategically left out on four street corners he is surprised by an explosion.

8x17 Unwrapped details and pics here.

Jo tries to get to the bottom of the murder of a successful businessman who still felt the pull of his old neighbourhood by going to a Brooklyn housing project and speaking to the victim's old friends and neighbours.

8x18 (season finale) details here.

-The finale will highlight the family dynamic of the team members.Working together has created a close bond between the CSIs, which will be the focus of the finale. It is really a show about the relationships of every single one of our characters with Mac Taylor. How they relate to him, how he's a father, a brother, a friend, a boss, a godfather to all of these people. And how each of the characters individual lives relate to his, how he needed them, how they needed him.

-We've got our fingers crossed for Season 9, but we're very much a bubble show. We beat the odds last year, and now we have to compete again. If the show does get picked up for another year, I think our finale dictates really going home with them in another season and really expanding beyond the job.

About Mac and Christine

-It's clear these characters both make a choice to pursue this relationship, and Mac has to come to terms with that. They are letting their emotions lead them rather than their logic, and that's rare for Mac Taylor. You see him make a few different choices and easily let Christine join his family that he cares so much about. We're looking to see where we're going for that in Season 9.

rhylee71

[183]Apr 6, 2012
    • level: 4

http://au.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/csi_new_york_first_look_guess_whos/306960

boom-moo

[184]Apr 6, 2012
    Oh my, how lovely Thanks!

I don't think she is gonna be in trouble this time though. Since there aren't any news about an eventual season 9 I guess that TPTB will give us a bit of a happy Messer family just in case it's the last we see of them.

jordinajamaica

[185]Apr 6, 2012
    • level: 42
    Awww... That's great!!! I'm really happy to see Lucy again!! YAY!!

boom-moo

[186]Apr 6, 2012
    Tonight's episode "Kill Screen" preview here.
    Edited on 04/06/2012 12:48pm

tonyandzivafan

[187]Apr 7, 2012

This is likely already known for those who read spoilers or at least assumed but.....

FRIDAY, MAY 11
    CSI: NY (9 p.m. ET) — Mac (Gary Sinise) is shot and fights for his life. Oddly, so is CSI: NY.

Here is the source: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/22/tv-season-finale-round-up-2012/
    ^^^^^WARNING: The link above thats the source of info posted has other show spoilers. DO NOT click on the link unless you want to be SPOILED!

boom-moo

[188]Apr 8, 2012
    Confirmed it's Mac then, not impressed I see him making it after some struggle and angst, the team coming up together to celebrate, Christine around as well... and the season wraps up merrily.

tonyandzivafan

[189]Apr 8, 2012
    Why not impressed?

And I see a cliffe which I know is horrible to think but with the show in danger of not returning. It be a classic/ typical TPTB move.

boom-moo

[190]Apr 8, 2012
    tonyandzivafan wrote:
    Why not impressed?
    Well, because it's Mac, pretty much what was expected.

How would a cliffy be a typical TPTB move for a finale when the show hangs in the balance? They didn't choose to do that last year when they were in the same situation.

tonyandzivafan

[191]Apr 9, 2012

boom-moo wrote:
    tonyandzivafan wrote:
    Why not impressed?
    Well, because it's Mac, pretty much what was expected. How would a cliffy be a typical TPTB move for a finale when the show hangs in the balance? They didn't choose to do that last year when they were in the same situation.

True they didnt last year. I guess I wasnt thinking of that. I've seen shows do cliffhangers and show is over. Remember cliffhangers dont have to be bad (ie hearing a gun shot and not knowing who gets hit or a character dying but not dead).

boom-moo

[192]Apr 9, 2012
    I see your point but any cliffhanger is bad to me in the sense that it leaves the audience wondering. I guess that some people might like that but I'd rather have resolution than feeling like the story that I've been following for so long ends up incomplete. I bet that the whole bringing Lucy in and whatnot computes for a happy ending.

tonyandzivafan

[193]Apr 9, 2012
    Oh I want resolution too but maybe a cliffy will be a sign it will come back. Time will tell.

boom-moo

[194]Apr 20, 2012
    8x16 preview and a glimpse at the finale here and here.

Details on the finale from TV Guide's Mega Buzz:

Mac gets shot! But don't worry, he'll at least survive long enough for all the show's characters to wax sentimental about him. "It's about all of their relationships and closeness with Mac as a father figure, as a friend, as a boss," executive producer Pam Veasey tells us about the season (series?) finale. "Some people are releasing demons, others are talking about their future." In particular, Veasey says Danny and Lindsay (who will have little Lucy in tow) will make an unexpected announcement about their plans for the days ahead.

tonyandzivafan

[195]Apr 20, 2012

boom-moo wrote:
    8x16 preview and a glimpse at the finale here and here.

Details on the finale from TV Guide's Mega Buzz:

Mac gets shot! But don't worry, he'll at least survive long enough for all the show's characters to wax sentimental about him. "It's about all of their relationships and closeness with Mac as a father figure, as a friend, as a boss," executive producer Pam Veasey tells us about the season (series?) finale. "Some people are releasing demons, others are talking about their future." In particular, Veasey says Danny and Lindsay (who will have little Lucy in tow) will make an unexpected announcement about their plans for the days ahead.

the video links to YouTube dont work.... I got this message: An error occurred during validation.

Cant wait.

Btw, do we know who will be in the finale? For sure (I am aware some characters are assumed), that is?

boom-moo

[196]Apr 21, 2012
    Sorry, they have been removed. Try this one here.

The only bit we get to see from the finale has Mac being shot in the back by a young woman.
    Edited on 04/21/2012 6:38am

jordinajamaica

[197]Apr 21, 2012
    Since they have already ended filming and the don't know if they will be back, I think they would have done like last year and leave everything tied up... I don't think we will have a cliffhanger at all...

What do you think the DL news would be?? Lindsay is pregnant again?

boom-moo

[198]Apr 21, 2012
    jordinajamaica wrote:
    Since they have already ended filming and the don't know if they will be back, I think they would have done like last year and leave everything tied up... I don't think we will have a cliffhanger at all...
    I think so

jordinajamaica wrote:
    What do you think the DL news would be?? Lindsay is pregnant again?
    Maybe, I thought the same but I find the wording a bit weird. They "will make an unexpected announcement about their plans for the days ahead." I don't think that another baby would be that "unexpected", and "their plans for the days ahead" sounds to me like a closer future than 9 months. I don't know, I guess I have been overthinking it.

jordinajamaica

[199]Apr 21, 2012
    I thought about it too.... Another baby is not that unexpected and 9 months are definitely too many 'days'... But what would it be that unexpected?? That they are going to Montana for the summer? That would be really cool but not that unexpected... But it's possible that they are just creating some thrill and at the end it's not that unexpected big announcement...

boom-moo

[200]Apr 21, 2012
    jordinajamaica wrote:
    But it's possible that they are just creating some thrill and at the end it's not that unexpected big announcement...
    Exactly, that's totally what I think. We know TPTB after all