CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

(She's not there episode14 possible spoilers )

BacktoBedlam

[21]Feb 12, 2009
    • level: 16

Da_Tonks wrote:
    **throws a temper tantrum** NOT A SINGLE D/L MOMENT!! They don't even talk to each other.

I know! There seem to be less DL moments than there have ever been. I want to see more with them being parents to be. There could be loads of cute moments, but there are hardly any. I suppose maybe they're trying to keep everyone happy.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tonyandzivafan

[22]Feb 12, 2009
    • level: 41
    While I missed not having D/ moments like many others have I wasnt as upset by it. I just loved the story line and how the team worked together. Back to the basics. And I couldnt help but smile at Danny and Flack chasing the suspects. *loves to watch her boys run* And I have to bring this up since a friend of mine that doesnt post on the boards. We were saying how good Flack looked all casual. He looks always great, but we were really loving casual Flack. Maybe it was b/c he wasnt wearing a aweful tie.

boom-moo

[23]Feb 12, 2009
    • level: 75
    tonyandzivafan wrote:
    While I missed not having D/ moments like many others have I wasnt as upset by it. I just loved the story line and how the team worked together.
    I agree. I got too hooked up in the storyline to notice the lack of D/L until the episode was over. Anna is huge already, so maybe she can't deal with long shooting hours or something. A scene that takes 3 minutes in screen takes a lot more to be shot, althought a tiny gesture doesn't take much *shrugs* Anyway, I think that the storyline was perfectly developed, not sure it would have worked that well with some minute less.

tonyandzivafan

[24]Feb 12, 2009
    • level: 41
    There was one thing that I forgot to mention actually two. One was I knew that one girl that was hiding under the bed the time they raided tha place was bad when she escaped. The other was I was hoping that J.O.'s characters niece was some how found in the end. I know it be a long shot but I though it would be really cool. But now that leaves open a possible storyline. So we have that on top of D/L and a few others.

boom-moo

[25]Feb 12, 2009
    tonyandzivafan wrote:
    I knew that one girl that was hiding under the bed the time they raided tha place was bad when she escaped.
    I know, she was suspicious if anything. It was really lame to let her go to the bathroom unwatched. Both Stella and Gillian were there, so either could have checked on her.

On the other hand, I think that Gillian's niece being found would have been stretching it a bit too much. The Ukranian girl was found, so did the one whose father was looking for her. A third one would have been too much luck to me.

And as you said, leaving an open storyline is always good

amaryllis88

[26]Feb 12, 2009
    • level: 20
    I really liked the ambiguous opening to this episode, we were thinking that the dasterdly duo were the culprits, when it was really those 2 girls we saw all along. Liked the comment about foreigners being the only people who wear Big Apple t-shirts like that, it's mostly true, just from my experience anyway. Liked Julia Ormond, she played her part well, I thought it was just a bit of a stretch to say that her neice was involved in some kind of ring as well, but it's a good thing (and I don't say this because I have no feelings, mainly because it would've crashed w/ the storyline) that they didn't find her at the end.

Ronnie speaking w/ her father at the end in the morgue brought tears to my eyes, oh what tragedy, what happens to her now? I'm assuming she's going to go back to her own country, unless there's some kind of govt program that can assist her. I always love Flack's screen time, with just about anybody, I like the unusual pairing of Sid and Lindsey, they work well together.

jordinajamaica

[27]Feb 12, 2009
    • level: 42
    Just something I remembered, Danny mentions something about growing in Staten Island when he explains that he got a shirt like that and end up fighting twice, but Danny is from the Bronx! Carmine is from Staten Island...

mickeyDs4

[28]Feb 12, 2009
    • level: 10

jordinajamaica wrote:
    Just something I remembered, Danny mentions something about growing in Staten Island when he explains that he got a shirt like that and end up fighting twice, but Danny is from the Bronx! Carmine is from Staten Island...

Based on the information gathered in Tanglewood (season 1) and Run Silent, Run Deep (season 2) Danny was rasied in Tangelwood, NY which is located on Staten Island. The mix up could be because of different writers and not going back to the original character design and setting the record straight. Oh well.

boom-moo

[29]Feb 13, 2009
    Remember the boat race in The Deep? Flack teased Danny about being from Staten Island as well (since the winner of the boat race got to win Staten Island or something).

jordinajamaica

[30]Feb 13, 2009
    Yeah but in season 2 he says he had Linoleum on his house, that was Bronx marble, and he said something about being in the Bronx in a season 4 chapter... I dunno... It makes sense what you say girls though...

lynna12000

[31]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 21
    Maybe Danny lived on Staten Island til he was in his early teens, and then moved to the Bronx.

boom-moo

[32]Feb 13, 2009
    jordinajamaica wrote:
    Yeah but in season 2 he says he had Linoleum on his house, that was Bronx marble, and he said something about being in the Bronx in a season 4 chapter... I dunno... It makes sense what you say girls though...
    Hey hun, I'm not saying you are wrong. Just pointing out the inconsistencies

jordinajamaica

[33]Feb 13, 2009
    boom-moo wrote:
    jordinajamaica wrote:
    Hey hun, I'm not saying you are wrong. Just pointing out the inconsistencies

I know hun!! Thanks anyways!!

GrandviewEagles

[34]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 20
    I watched this epi last night and I thought it was very good. I loved the banter between Flack and Danny. I also thought Flack looked REALLY hot last night. Yum! I love when he wears something other than a suit.

boom-moo

[35]Feb 14, 2009
    GrandviewEagles wrote:
    I also thought Flack looked REALLY hot last night. Yum! I love when he wears something other than a suit.
    I agree, his suits should be ruined more often, he is too funny when he is pissed off. And the best way to ruin a suit is chasing after a suspect

haldrey

[36]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 22
    Really, this eps storyline was so good that I forgot all about the characters relationships. It was amazing and very emotional, and to think that this sex slaves trade really exits.

boom-moo

[37]Feb 14, 2009
    haldrey wrote:
    and to think that this sex slaves trade really exits.
    I know

Did you guys know that Julia Ormond (who plays Det. Gillian) started the ASSET website: Alliance to Stop Slavery and End Trafficking.

Here: http://assetcampaign.org/

How cool is that?

haldrey

[38]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 22
    Yes, thank you. This is an article from that site under the title of "CSI New York It happens here" and I quote:

"The sexual trafficking of women and children doesn't just happen somewhere else, it happens right here on Main Street USA. People have become commodities for sale or trade. They are 21st Century slaves. You can do something to help stop this insidious practice. If you see it or know about it, report it to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children cybertipline at cybertipline.com or via Polaris Project's National Human Trafficking Hotline number at 888-3737-888."

boom-moo

[39]Feb 14, 2009
    It is a terribly sad reality indeed. Any effort to put an end to it is certainly praise-worthy. I was really glad to find out that Julia Ormond is a compromised woman really generous with her time.

danharr

[40]Feb 17, 2009
    • level: 45
    Good episode loved the case and so glad the woman who was setting the other girls up got caught at the end. I'm also glad there was nothing nefarious with the Deputy Da.