CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

The Party's Over episode 15 (possible Spoilers)

laurameyer

[1]Feb 17, 2009
    • level: 58

http://www.tv.com/csi-ny/the-partyand039s-over/episode/1240035/summary.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=episodessh&tag=episodes;title

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[2]Feb 17, 2009
    • level: 75
    One day to go! Parties never end up well in this show, sounds interesting....

saleblanc

[3]Feb 17, 2009
    • level: 32
    I'm just really excited about this one...... I'm trying to be respectful of the SF people, but I'm most anxious to see Adam really stand out in helping with this case........

GrandviewEagles

[4]Feb 17, 2009
    • level: 20
    I'm super excited about this episode. I'll actually be home to watch it too because basketball season is OVER!!!!

Da_Tonks

[5]Feb 18, 2009
    • level: 8
    Absolutely no interaction between D/L again. This wedding is literally coming out of left field.

boom-moo

[6]Feb 18, 2009
    They are working it off screen then. I can take that, but it should be reflected on screen with a tiny 5 seconds scene in which they acknowledge they love each other, right?

GrandviewEagles

[7]Feb 18, 2009
    A hour and 10 minutes till the new epi comes on!

Dewbak75

[8]Feb 18, 2009
    • level: 18

Great episode. Really good stuff for Adam, giving some insight into other things we've learned about him. The whole budget thing has been a little inconsistent this season though. Earlier they said Adam was getting laid off, then some of his co-workers gave up vacation time to let him keep working for a little while longer, but he shouldn't still be there unless they found a more permanent solution. Did I miss it, or did they just gloss right over it? I'm still liking Inspector Whitford, but I thought I read somewhere that she was only going to be in three episodes, making this her last one. If so, it's an odd time for her character to be disappearing, just as a deeper investigation seems to be starting. I really hope she comes back, Julia Ormond plays her well, and she & Gary Sinise are good together. I was a big fan of Peyton too, I think I just like having someone around who helps balance out Mac's normally serious demeanor.

And I've got to say it, shallow as it may be, but Stella/Melina looked absolutely fantastic in that dress. And it looks like she may have found a guy who's not a psycho nutjob, good for her!

tonyandzivafan

[9]Feb 18, 2009
    • level: 41
    I absolutely loved this episode. It was so nice to see Adam again. And his connection with the kid especially at the end was just amazing. I might get eye roll for this but I cried when Adam started to. *squishy hugs Adam*

Stella and firefighter guy were cute and I had to smile with Stella saying I need your clothes and he was ready to strip. But my shipper heart still wants her with Mac. So he must go.

Anyways....

I know D/L shippers are likely upset and I was a little. While there wasnt what most people would consider a moment for them, I thought there was was one at least. Lindsay defending Danny "playing sick". Sometimes moments are small. But those can be just as signifcant if you really think about them.

saleblanc

[10]Feb 18, 2009

Okay, I absolutely positively LOVED this episode. It was a great script. It had so much going on but it wasn't hard to follow or confusing. I'm looking forward to see what Craig T Nelson brings. The dynamic between him and Mac was Great. Stella look FANOMINAL and so did her date. Now I loved the initial conflict between Danny and Doc. As Lindsay explained, they come from different backgrounds and differening opinions of how it should be handled. However what was even better is that at end they showed that even though on certain things their on different sides, they can respect each other's beliefs. VERY COOL!

The scene between Danny and Stella in Danny's apartment I thought was perfect. Danny, in his words, taking the unpopular stance. But Stella being not only his boss as well as his friend, has a differing position. Again, just like with Doc, differing beliefs but respecting them.

NOW, How AWESOME was Adam tonight. Watching AJ tonight just endeared him to me even more. I loved the initial scene with Stella when he didn't want to believe that a little 13 year old boy could be physically able to strangle his father and she showed him how. It was great. Then when he finds out that it was indeed him it was just OMG. Then the his interview with Jake was just the BEST. You really saw Adam Ross. Not the lab tech, but I could imagine him being in Jake's shoes with only having his mother to believe in him. EXCELLENT work AJ.......

Now capping things off, I'm with TonyandZivafan..... Yeah, our M&Ms didn't share the screen but Lindsay backed Danny and supported his decision to do what he thought was right. Besides, she did call him every hour..... she missed him.

honorableninja

[11]Feb 18, 2009
    • level: 13
    i do believe the flashdrive thief has appeared it got to be dunbrook how else whould he know so much about the mayor him leaving that picture pracatilly had me screaming inside he stole anne steel flashdrive bewteen him. nut girl and the fbi mac gonna have his hands full agree or disagree with my theory?

jordinajamaica

[12]Feb 19, 2009
    • level: 42
    Amazing chapter!!

Politics and single fatherhood...complicated...

Stella look AWESOME in that dress and I loved the flirting with the fireman. I wanted to shout a 'IT WAS ABOUT TIME', a bf that is not a psycho!!! He was quite hot... Nice stomach...
    I missed Flack, for a moment I thought that he maybe had the flu too, maybe that means that we would see a lot of him in the following chapters??
    Danny, wearing Carmine's group shirt! I liked that he followed the 'strike' and the scene with Stella in his apartement was great.
    Lindsay, she appeared a lot! I loved that! and I really loved to that she sticked out for Danny!
    Hawkes, I kinda understand his posture on the flu thing but he should be more supportive... I liked that at the end let Danny help him.
    Mac and Gillian, I kinda like their relationship...
    And saving the best for the end...ADAM! OMG when I saw him cry, I so wanted to hug him. He had LOTS of screentime and he deserves it! All in all a really great chapter!

saleblanc

[13]Feb 19, 2009
    honorableninja wrote:
    i do believe the flashdrive thief has appeared it got to be dunbrook how else whould he know so much about the mayor him leaving that picture pracatilly had me screaming inside he stole anne steel flashdrive bewteen him. nut girl and the fbi mac gonna have his hands full agree or disagree with my theory?

Now to me that is a very strong possibility and it's a very believable theory. He has the money and influence to abilities to get his hands on the thing without getting his hands dirty..... or are they? Remember, the property clerk who check the flash drive into the property room ended up with a bullet to his head...

Here's another theory I was kicking around last night after watching it a second time..... Adam's job is still hanging in the balance, as least as far as we know, aiding in getting to the bottom of what happened to the Deputy Mayor, I think will earn him some MAJOR brownie points don't you think?

Lisaraph

[14]Feb 19, 2009
    • level: 14

Good theories everybody. The flash drive thief? Possibly. I still think it may be somebody with either a grudge towards Mac and/or Hawkes. Don't forget Hawkes knows EVERYTHING that is on that flash drive, and his memory capacity is freakishly good. I wouldnt' be surprised if it comes back to bite him at some point. TPTB seem to enjoy framing Hawkes for things. But it could the the newspaper guy. But he would have paid somebody to do it. He's not the kind to do his own stealing or killing.

And as for Hawkes not supporting Danny, remember he took the Hippocratic Oath. So striking and jeopardizing innocent people would be completely foreign to his nature, nor would he be able to understand such a selfish behavior on the behavior of Danny. To Danny it was showing solidarity and making a statement, but Hawkes was thinking in terms of the baby and also in terms of all danger the public would be in. He was furious and embarrassed over losing the court case, and frankly, I can't say I blame him. It was rather irresponsible of Danny to do that, KNOWING that he had to go to court. I frankly don't think I could have done what he did. I'm more like Stella; if I take an oath like that, I will uphold it no matter what.

darkcsiangel

[15]Feb 19, 2009
    • level: 2
    What an episode!! omg!! Im so glad that this episode had lots of Adam in it he is soo adorable. When he cried when talking to that kid i just wanted to give him a massive hug. His just soo cute. The looks on Stella and Mac's faces when his talking to the kid they look really proud of him and impressed... i know i was

amaryllis88

[16]Feb 19, 2009
    I've come to expect that characters introduced within the first few minutes of a show usually end up as the people responsible for the crime...so when I saw that young boy, I was thinking, yeah, he definitely had something to do with it. Having said that, I was also hoping that he didn't have anything to do with it, I was kind of thinking maybe his uncle perhaps, but nope, poor kid, and his father seemed like an uptight piece of work, so it's no big loss.

I was thinking about the flash drive coming into the story again, it's like they hinted that it's still out there, but they didn't blatantly shove information about it down our throats, I thought it was well-played. Nice "recycling" method by Mac, loved the balloon-body drop at the museum, very crafty indeed! Seeing Craig T. Nelson was a nice touch, it's great to see past characters come alive again, albeit in a different role than in a past one, but still good. He seemed to have his hand in different pots, so to speak, so it was interesting that he felt the need to donate to the NYPD. I missed seeing Flack, he wasn't really there, interesting name for the strike, the Blue Flu, loved the involvement of Adam, it was so sweet of him to give the boy his ipod. Those are pretty expensive little buggers, so him giving that away like that, very sentimental, hope that boy realizes how much of a gift that really was, besides the monetary value of it.

haldrey

[17]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 22
    Excellent episode. Good to see Adam and how he connected to the boy and a very emotional ending. Danny on strike, I do not know, no opinion.

PsychoHellba

[18]Feb 21, 2009
    • level: 3
    I really liked this episode! Adam was so sweet and nice towards that kid. I liked him alot before, with the jumpy and nervousness, but I just fell in love with him in this episode! His character grew, and gave some more insight to why he is the way he is. AJ Buckley is really talented!

boom-moo

[19]Feb 21, 2009
    Anyone can tell me what does Danny mean whe he says:

Stella: You did the unpopular thing.
    Danny: (Ironically) Me? That's my Imo, right?

What's with the "Imo" part? I don't get it

jordinajamaica

[20]Feb 21, 2009
    • level: 42
    boom-moo wrote:
    Anyone can tell me what does Danny mean whe he says:

Stella: You did the unpopular thing.
    Danny: (Ironically) Me? That's my Imo, right?

What's with the "Imo" part? I don't get it

I edited the quote already!! He really says 'That's my MO' as in Modus Operandi...