We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

The Party's Over episode 15 (possible Spoilers)

boom-moo

[21]Feb 21, 2009
    • level: 75
    Oh, awesome. Thanks! Now it makes more sense.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

laurameyer

[22]Feb 21, 2009
    • level: 58

boom-moo wrote:
    Anyone can tell me what does Danny mean whe he says: Stella: You did the unpopular thing. Danny: (Ironically)Me? That's my Imo, right? What's with the "Imo" part? I don't get it

I made that mistake when you submitted that quote you had emo and I thought you meant My humble opinion.

boom-moo

[23]Feb 21, 2009
    That's ok, Laura. I was fine with the editing since I don't usually get things right. I thought IMO was correct, but I didn't get what it stands for

WolfgalX

[24]Feb 22, 2009
    • level: 22

I'm confused, did he say "Imo" or "M.O."?

M.O. means someone's habits, or something like that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modus_operandi

Sorry, still haven't figured out links.

jordinajamaica

[25]Feb 22, 2009
    • level: 42
    WolfgalX wrote:

I'm confused, did he say "Imo" or "M.O."?

M.O. means someone's habits, or something like that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modus_operandi

Sorry, still haven't figured out links.

He said MO!!

danharr

[26]Feb 22, 2009
    • level: 46
    Good episode loved Craig T. Nelson as the new bad guy that check at the end was priceless. Good background with Adam and having the kid be the killer didn't think it'd be him. I liked the police strike subplot and it being tied into the crooked deputy mayor I was really expecting the infamous flash drive from earlier this year to show up.

dh4645

[27]Feb 26, 2009
    • level: 15
    who was the model chick with the cameltoe?

boom-moo

[28]Mar 2, 2009
    Since she has no lines I guess she might appear in the end credits.

-renn-

[29]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 18
    I know the show was aired weeks ago and the discussion is sort of over, but there's this thing bugging me... Danny tells Stella "I come from a family of cops"; but does he? We know Carmine does, but with Danny's background - his brother and the Wherever boys he was linked to, and that old initial background CBS had that stated he came from a "connected" family... Isn't it too much of a jump???

Sorry it's a late thought.

jordinajamaica

[30]Mar 24, 2009
    -renn- wrote:
    I know the show was aired weeks ago and the discussion is sort of over, but there's this thing bugging me... Danny tells Stella "I come from a family of cops"; but does he? We know Carmine does, but with Danny's background - his brother and the Wherever boys he was linked to, and that old initial background CBS had that stated he came from a "connected" family... Isn't it too much of a jump???

Sorry it's a late thought.

I think that lately they've been mixing Carmine's and Danny's lives... In the last 2 season they have said that Danny was from Bronx, Upper East side and Staten Island... Now the family of cops thing too...

-renn-

[31]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 18
    Yeah... And the basebol career that ended in injury...

jordinajamaica

[32]Mar 24, 2009
    -renn- wrote:
    Yeah... And the basebol career that ended in injury...

Yeah but at least they mentioned that in season 1 already, I have the feeling that I'm forgetting something we can add to that list...

boom-moo

[33]Mar 24, 2009
    Yeah, but in season 1 it was a different kind of injury *sends over notepad to TPTB so they can keep on the loop of the characters*

pxr818

[34]Apr 22, 2009
    • level: 10

From the bio CBS did, it says that Danny grew up between law breakers and law enforcers. He very well could have had a family of cops- and a family of mobbed up/gang affiliated people. Danny is supposed to be Italian- correct. He could just have a very large family, and some chose to take the law abiding life, and some didn't. Also, and I am not saying this is his/ his family's case- but sometimes people with mob affiliations join the police force to kind of have an inside view and be able to give their affiliations a heads up.

I liked this episode. I like how it showed the hard decision to participate in blue flu. My dad is a cop in my hometown, and police officers are not allowed to strike. There is no police union here because when you sign the contract, you are essientially giving up your chance to be in a union. Our police force is one of the lowest paid forces in the country (compared with those of similiar size, etc.). There was a very unpopular decision made to increase the starting pay of new officers, but ignore the pay of officers who have been there. Since the police could not strike, the other unions in town held strikes/protests for them. We have a huge music festival every summer and their "strike" threatened it because a lot of the acts refused to cross picket lines.

boom-moo

[35]Apr 22, 2009
    CBS has changed the characters' bios several times to adapt them to what goes on on the screen, because the writers seemed to totally ignore those bits I'm not saying it's Danny case, but that's how reliable they are. From watching the show, I always had the impression that Danny came from a troubled family and that if anyone was a cop in it, it wasn't a close relative. Someone posted a link in the Spoilers thread where someone from the show replies to his question very vaguely saying that "family" is a broad term In the same interview, it is said that the blue flu was used as a mirror to the last year's writers strike, in wich some were up, some against, and in the end, every position was alright. I think that's what happens usually in most cases.