CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Vaction Getaway season finale spoilers

boom-moo

[41]May 27, 2010
    • level: 75
    Thanks FP for getting back at me on the Hotch bit
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Locutus-of-Borg

[42]May 27, 2010
    • level: 19

TylerA46 wrote:

Worst episode ever, what a B***S***!

Who is Casey? Superman? He looks like a geek with no muscle, but can overpower a cop in handcuffs; jump out the window, stay unharmed; flee the scene; hang a bigger man; roam the city freely; have easy access to every building and information; jump into the water from a lighthouse and survive; get back to NY the same night, get a new gun and break into Danny's apartment without them realizing it...

And Danny is so stupid, he leaves his phone at home, and Lindsey doesn't check her own, even when she uses it.

Actually, the escape from the DA's office i could probably believe. The fall from the lighthouse not so much. Im sure it would be impossible to fall from that height into those rocks and live, never mind come out of it without a scratch.

I will go on record and say its a dream, and Danny will wake up when S7 starts

tmv47

[43]May 27, 2010
    • level: 1

To make a cliffhanger at the end, I thought"hmm... Shane isn't dead." ButI reasonedit would be improbable and kind ofsloppy if the police didn't retrieve Shane's "body" afterhis fall from the lighthouse.A lighthouse! for Pete's sake. You know how high that is? Also Danny complains about being tense and not being able to sleep as he's lying in bed next to Lindsay. SO, I think his restless, hyped-upmind imagined the confrontation with Shane in the bedroom and he shot his own gun at the imagined apparition.

jordinajamaica

[44]May 27, 2010
    • level: 42
    I like Sal's idea of Lindsay getting injured to make Danny worry about her instead of the other way around... I'm really worried about that bed conversation DL had!

boom-moo

[45]May 27, 2010
    How is Lindsay getting hurt related with that conversation? I don't get it. In the conversation she is afraid of losing him, as if anything would happen to him.

jordinajamaica

[46]May 27, 2010
    boom-moo wrote:
    How is Lindsay getting hurt related with that conversation? I don't get it. In the conversation she is afraid of losing him, as if anything would happen to him.

I mean that it's always Danny's life in jeopardy so Lindsay is the one worrying about loosing him... Maybe if Lindsay gets hurts the situation would be reverse and at least it wouldn't be the same all the time, and Danny would know how she feels all the time?

boom-moo

[47]May 27, 2010
    I'd like that, it'd be a nice change indeed especially since 6x01 is not that far away in sight. I still don't see the relation but never mind me

jordinajamaica

[48]May 27, 2010
    It would be a change... and maybe make Danny less reckless since he would feel like Lindsay feels all the time?? Although now he changed a little bit in that aspect already..

boom-moo

[49]May 27, 2010
    I'm annoyed at TPTB for making Danny and Lindsay look as stupid as one can be going on vacation either without a cell phone or having it turned off/not checking missed calls when turning it on. Shane Casey is out there, he stole from Danny this and that but who cares right?

Tsk, tsk, tsk.... They'll never cease to amuse me.
    Edited on 05/27/2010 1:31pm

tonyandzivafan

[50]May 27, 2010
    • level: 41
    Sympathizes with FoxPhile having to deal with cliffes in multiple finales.

I just realized in reading posts and everyone thoughts about the final scene. When I confirmed on page one there was a gunshot, I said gunshot echo. Why the echo? Maybe Casey just shot it into the air or missed. Cuz seriously he could have let danny save him earlier and then got someone's gun and shot him. Why a gun? And why then?

saleblanc

[51]May 27, 2010
    • level: 32
    I with the majority... I just don't see them having Danny be the one getting shot, two season finales in a row... But then again we are dealing with TPTB who don't always think normally. However, I'm not buying into its all a dream bit.... that to me is just too cheesy... it was cheesy when Dallas did it and I would hate to see them do it here.

TheCloser4eva

[52]May 27, 2010
    • level: 17
    It was a brilliant episode until the end. I mean really! What the h@ll is Shane Casey? A vampire. It must have been a dream. My cousin died jumping from a 145ft drawbridge in very calm waters with no rocks. They still haven't found his body. I did my research and the ACTUAL light house in Amagansett, New York (where they were) is 168ft tall. Now I find it very hard to believe that if my cousin, an athlete, couldn't survive that fall in ideal conditions, that Shane Casey could survive in churning rocky waters like he did.

TPTB are messing around a little to much for my taste. Things are starting to become like LV and Miami. Very Unbelievable. I'm sorry to say that if they don't shape up by next season, I'm going to stop wasting my time!

tonyandzivafan

[53]May 27, 2010
    • level: 41
    I agree surviving the fall is rellay not possible. I can see if you had him washed up on shore clinging to life. They could have had at least some injury on him. While I dont belive its a dream, if it is, I think it will be Shane's. Maybe he is washed up on shore and he is dreaming he's all ok and holding little Lucy and aiming a gun at Danny. And I'm sorry about your cousin Ash. *huggles*

But as I said in the post before this, why the echo in the gunshot? I watch enought crime drama and I dont recall seeing echo after gunshot in closed captioning. Its got to mean something!!!

amaryllis88

[54]May 27, 2010
    • level: 20
    boom-moo wrote:
    I'm annoyed at TPTB for making Danny and Lindsay look as stupid as one can be going on vacation either without a cell phone or having it turned off/not checking missed calls when turning it on. Shane Casey is out there, he stole from Danny this and that but who cares right?

Tsk, tsk, tsk.... They'll never cease to amuse me.

hehehe, I love this!! It surprised me even more that after finding out that Shane Casey was on the loose again, Danny and Lindsey don't even think twice about checking/using their cell phones! Really?! I guess they (our beloved NY CSI's) didn't realize that he'd been targeting Danny from the very beginning? I know Danny finally DID mention he had his dog tags, and ID taken to the rest of the crew, didn't they think that a bit suspicious?

What Casey did with the dollar bills was pretty cool, and his antics were impressive, I just can't believe he still had the strength to walk around, fall from a lighthouse, survive the water landing, and make it back to their apartment.

What worries me is the conversation that Lindsey and Danny had when they first arrived at the beach, when Lindsey was taking a picture of their girl in the carseat, in the car, and she casually mentions something about taking a lot of pictures to remember this moment, a lot of pictures of their daughter, (I kind of wondered why they were having that conversation...although it did seem a bit like what a family vacay is all about). Hopefully I'm reading too much into that, and nothing happens to their daughter.

Hate the cliff-hanger with the shot in the dark, it DOES remind me of the Criminal Minds' cliffie from last season, however, you never know who pulls the trigger.. When Sid mentioned the crab in Ganz esophagus, and how he remembers them from the Hamptons, I figured those would've been more clues as to where the Messers were vacationing...or that crabs would mean seashore, not that they could figure it out solely by those tiny clues, but that's something.

boom-moo

[55]May 28, 2010
    It is not only Danny and Lindsay who dumbed up big deal in this episode. It took Mac, our very own Macggle who has answers to pretty much anything, more than half an episode to realize that Casey was after Danny. Why Danny deserves vacation time of them all after avoiding to report his badge missing? (Lmao at Veasey saying her consultants told her it wasn't a big deal when Carmine's brother in law was flailing his arms and shaking his head at it. Guess Veasey consults with her pillow cause real cops disagree. Oh well) Mac was in a giving mood and the medication for the previous episode certainly induced to amnesia so yeah, Messer vacation time. Why Danny leaves his cell phone behind after knowing Casey is on the lose (and stole from him and whatnot) is beyond me. Guess it's a bad case of absent-mindedness. Why Lindsay is blind to the one zillion missed calls when she turns on her phone is another mystery (screens aren't that well visible under the sun, that must be it). How come Adam didn't call Lindsay when she turned on the phone? Cause he was busy triangulating the signal. Why Casey survives every fall unharmed? Chewing gum bones. Assuming that he was born with a privileged and over average IQ, where does Casey get the money and the resources to orchestrate such elaborate cat and mouse games? Why Danny and Lindsay nap their vacation away unwatched in their very well known to Casey apartment when his body hasn't been found? Well, I'll let TPTB amuse me with a reply to that, if they decide to provide any. I'm not a fan of the 'it's someone's dream' theory but at least that'll dumb down the Messers. I could go on forever. I understand about dramatic licenses and all but TPTB can't expect to write that bad and have a happy fandom. What irks me the most is not the plotholes but the feeling that TPTB believe that by giving us plenty of DL (and overaged Lucy) we would overlook the rest and squee happily. Not every fan of the show is a hard core DL shipper and even those who are, guess what? They have a brain. So please TPTB, stop insulting our intelligence.

Despite it all, I loved the episode (but the cliffy). TPTB are lucky we are highly dedicated fans here.

estella87

[56]May 28, 2010
    • level: 14

I guess since Lindsay woke up and it took a while before we heard the shot being fired it's possible that she shot Casey.

I don't see him shooting her - he already had the chance to kill her and Lucy in the lighthouse but let them go because he is after Danny.

foxdvdgh

[57]May 28, 2010
    • level: 14
    If we're going with the dream theme, can we get away with the whole season being a very, very bad dream? Might even chance it being Angell's thoughts whilst being in coma... Wishful thinking aside, I think, too, that Lindsay is the shooter. As for Lucy, I'd be more worried about hitting her with the bullet that dropping her... it's not such a big height... Not enthused with the finale, but, overall, it was fitting of a rather... dare I say, mediocre... season. I used to stay up until
    4 am when the ep was posted on line so I could download it and watch it first thing in the morning before heading for work. Now it's sometimes
    Saturday and I've yet to watch it... not even Eddie Cahill is alluring enough nowadays...

boom-moo

[58]May 28, 2010
    I have trouble with the idea of Lindsay shooting Casey while he holds Lucy. She could hurt the baby, Casey could drop her or fall on top and her and gravely injure her (my nephew fell from his father's arms when he was 3 and broke his leg and arm) so I don't know. Danny could leap and grab Lucy but it's a bit too much of a perfect scenario. And yeah, I know they are CSIs and trained cops and have a good aim and are trained to shoot under emotional circumstances and bla bla but I haven't seen Lindsay fire a gun other than to check for bullet stria (which doesn't mean she hasn't done it, but we really haven't seen any of it) so I don't think her aim would be that reliable under the circumstances.
    Edited on 05/28/2010 1:17am

Labrats_r_us

[59]May 28, 2010
    • level: 5
    boom-moo wrote:
    I understand about dramatic licenses and all but TPTB can't expect to write that bad and have a happy fandom. What irks me the most is not the plotholes but the feeling that TPTB believe that by giving us plenty of DL (and overaged Lucy) we would overlook the rest and squee happily. Not every fan of the show is a hard core DL shipper and even those who are, guess what? They have a brain. So please TPTB, stop insulting our intelligence.

Thank you! so much yes! I`m not a shipper. I probably wasn`t ever going to go crazy over this particular episode. But I have dealt with many episodes oriented toward shippers in my favourite shows just fine, even liked some because they were just that well-written (House? Grey`s Anatomy, NCIS, Gossip Girl, it goes on). This one had plotholes the size of Hell`s Canyon, and made most if not all the characters just look dumb. That was one of my biggest issues, not that it was all entirely bad.

danharr

[60]May 30, 2010
    • level: 45

Dumb episode but fun until the end why did they assume Casey was dead and with Lindsey and Danny knowing Casey was loose. Why would Danny not have his gun with him if he hears a strange noise and wtf is Casey doing alive after such a fall to begin with. I guess I really liked the family scenes cause without them I think I would've panned this episode all the characters were dumb and out of character and that ridiculous cliffhanger is damn near unforgivable.