CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Vaction Getaway season finale spoilers

Phantomrox

[61]May 30, 2010
    • level: 10
    I'm have a lot of issues with the finale, but it was quite good. Acting was great... writing.... I have issues with.

Mainly... the fall. Casey should not have survived that fall, or at least have some injuries. I'm sure Danny and Flack (well he came in later... so that's debatable)saw Casey hit the water, that had massive waves, a high tide and rocks. Clearly, not a good part. I can see why they didn't want to bring their cell phones, they're police officers, if there was a massive crisis, the force might need backup. What I don't condone is Lindsay not seeing the missed calls and messages. As for the "wtf" moment at the end... my speculation: that shot was meant for Danny. Personally, I'm hoping that Casey missed Danny (either by hitting the wall, or Danny jumping out of the way). After that, Casey gets away with Lucy, which would make a good season opener. I don't think Lindsay comes in with a gun shooting, cause she might hit Lucy and Danny won't be able to grab her that fast. There is also the dream sequence... but we saw Lindsay wake up, and I doubt it would be Danny's dream (as Lindsay saw her bed empty). All I know is if Danny does get shot.... let's hope it was just a graze or really shallow. We don't want a repeat of 6x01.

And concluding this... all I must say... Carmine Giovinazzo/Danny is amazing =D
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FoxPhile

[62]May 31, 2010
    • level: 8

While I agree that there is some serious unbelievability in this episode, I have to disagree with those that are getting all knotty about the cellphones. People whose work life revolves around cellphones and being constantly on-call often agree toturn them off or even leave them home when they go on vacation. Danny and Lindsay even discussed that they had such an agreement when Lindsay pulled out hers to use the camera. And in the spirit of that agreement, she may have very purposefully ignored any messages when she did turn it on.

One thing that amazes me, is that Mac & company had such a hard time tracking D&L down. They mentioned that Danny hadn't used his credit card, and I suppose Flack's explanation is somewhat reasonable. But what hotel in the free world allows you to make a reservation without providing a credit card number? Most popular resorts require a deposit, which is put on the card. Andmanyput a hold on the card for the estimated amount of your entire stay, just to make sure the card won't be declined if you skip out. They should have had no problem tracing those transactions to find the Messers. But of course, that would have been much faster and not been nearly as dramatic or providedas much techie fun (Adam got to showneat graphics when he was triangulating!).

I am hoping that we get to see some butt-kicking Lindsay in the premiere next season. Maybe she goes out into the hall, sees Danny and realizes something is very, very wrong. She quietly makes her way to a window, stopping first to grab her service revolver from the safe in the hall closet. She steps outside and onto a fire escape. Leaning over the railing, she is just able to open the window to Lucy's room and make her way quietly inside, while Shane Casey is fixated on Danny standing in the doorway. She deftly grabs Lucy away from Casey while tossing the gun to Danny. As Lindsay dives to the floor, protecting Lucy with her own body, Danny shoots Casey, who falls dead on the floor.

What? It could happen? Especially on CSI:NY! Laughing

boom-moo

[63]May 31, 2010
    • level: 75
    Anything can happen, the most unbelievable the most chances for it to happen indeed

FoxPhile wrote:
    While I agree that there is some serious unbelievability in this episode, I have to disagree with those that are getting all knotty about the cellphones. People whose work life revolves around cellphones and being constantly on-call often agree toturn them off or even leave them home when they go on vacation.
    I agree and that'd be the only redeemable explanation not being cause the circumstances as really peculiar: Shane is close by and in the loose. He had stolen Danny's personal belongings, I mean, do they really need more to know he is targetting him? And well, they are travelling with a kid and even without a kid, things happen and cell phone is a great way to get fast help/advice in many cases. I still think it dumbs them up big time. I can see how Lindsay can ignore a couple of missed calls, probably someone just wishing them a good vacation. But I think it is Adam or Flack who mention that him alone has called over a dozen times, and I can imagine the rest have done pretty much the same. You don't ignore so many missed calls just hours apart your departure. Sounds like something you should know about is going on.

Lindsay offered to stay in the city and help with the case but then she is able to ignore calls just like that?

I don't care what agreement they have made, it dumbs them up big big time only to serve the plotline. They could have carried their phones and keep them turned off just to check them at the end of the day or something. That would have been way more sensible as people on vacation, as parents and as cops.

FoxPhile

[64]May 31, 2010

I still disagree. Lindsay did have her phone with her. So in an emergency, if something happened and they needed to make a call, they were covered. But having a cellphone to make a calldoesn't mean you have to check messages on it. My cellphone doesn't tell me how many messages I have waiting. It just has an icon that indicates there are some messages. It might be one, it might be a hundred. I don't know how many until Ilook further. If I choose not to look, I have no idea that 30 people have left me a message in the last hour.

And despite Casey's super powers, neither of them may have thought he had any way to find out where they were going. They may have believed they were much safer from him on vacation than in the city.

boom-moo

[65]May 31, 2010
    I still disagree as well Obviously a matter of opinion and interpretation but it made me cringe a lot. I know no one who hates a cell phone more than me and still I force myself to keep it close even closer under some circumstances. And unless Danny and Lindsay are glued together for the whole weekend, something might have happened to Danny when he is on his own or with Lucy. Let's say Lindsay goes to fetch an ice-cream and Lucy chokes on sand... just whatever. Things do happen, let alone when you have a small kid. And Lindsay apparently just switched her cell phone on to take a picture (her cell phone switches on really fast, by the way ). I dunno how all cell phones work but all I've had give an alert for every incoming message or missed call. Hers must have been sounding/ vibrating like crazy. And even if it didn't, I don't see Lindsay choosing not to have a quick look at them (certainly not the content, but at least how many, a little pick to see if anything looked urgent) especially since she offered to give up to the vacation and stay in the city helping with the case. Looks like she has quickly shifted to 'whatever, you guys deal with it'. It was way too convenient for the plotline, the kind of convenient.

We still have to see how the solve the cliffy, but the 'let's nap the vacation away in our very well known to Casey' building kinda stinks too. And here I might be awfully wrong but can't you remotely switch on a phone? Does anyone know? I think I've seen it in other shows.

FoxPhile

[66]May 31, 2010

Some cell phones - really most of them these days - can be switched on by the phone company. Some cell providers offer all kinds of tracking and control like that to parents for their kids' phones. But I imagine the police might need a warrant or court order to do it to an adult's phone - not 100% sure of that, but GPS tracking of someone smacks of quite the invasion of privacy.

I agree that, with Casey's whereabouts unknown, it seems a bit odd that D&L are calmly napping at home. I think by this time, his uncanny abilities would start to freak them out, and I, for one, would not rest easy until I saw the man's cold, dead body on a slab. And even if the man was dead, he's used many accomplices to help him. Whose to say one of those is not still out there, working on completing Casey's final orders? I'd be all kinds of freaked out.

boom-moo

[67]May 31, 2010
    FoxPhile wrote:
    Some cell phones - really most of them these days - can be switched on by the phone company. Some cell providers offer all kinds of tracking and control like that to parents for their kids' phones. But I imagine the police might need a warrant or court order to do it to an adult's phone - not 100% sure of that, but GPS tracking of someone smacks of quite the invasion of privacy.
    Thank you! I see now Guess Mac&Co didn't have enough time to get that warrant. As you said tracking the online reservation should have been faster but most facts were pretty illogical in this episode...

FoxPhile wrote:
    I agree that, with Casey's whereabouts unknown, it seems a bit odd that D&L are calmly napping at home. I think by this time, his uncanny abilities would start to freak them out, and I, for one, would not rest easy until I saw the man's cold, dead body on a slab. And even if the man was dead, he's used many accomplices to help him. Whose to say one of those is not still out there, working on completing Casey's final orders? I'd be all kinds of freaked out.
    I'll be all kinds of freaked out too. Annoying as it is, I'll have some watch on me and my family at least for as long as Casey is not found. But, for once , I'm willing to cut TPTB some slack since we don't know the details of the very last scene. Not a fan of the dream theory here and if we still don't know how Casey got into the apartment. I expect further serious though.

laurameyer

[68]May 31, 2010
    • level: 58
    I liked the episode. I think shane casey shot Lucy to get back at danny putting shane's brother in jail.

boom-moo

[69]May 31, 2010
    Whoa Laura, really? Do you think TPTB would go that way? That would destroy Danny and Lindsay. Sounds like a bit too much after killing Angell off last season.

DL-Flack

[70]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 27

Whoa cool down, people. This is American prime time television. They won't shoot a 2 year old child (or how old she ever might be ) during their evening program. That would be too much. I mean as far as I know not even Jack Bauer on 24 did that and that show has had another caliber of cruelty than CSI:NY.

In addition, I think as soon as Casey would point the gun at his daughter, Danny would have reacted in some way. And may it be screaming. All he did was standing there, saying "Oh my god" (and he said that calm somehow). When a serial killer would point with his gun at my daughter, I would scream, till the whole city would show up to see what's happening.

Edited on 06/01/2010 7:41am

stui8

[71]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 30

I think there are two possibilities.

1. It may be a dream of Danni's although i was predicting Shane would return but the end seemed like it was Dannie havving a dream.

2. If it was not a dream the gun shot could be Danni or Lindsey's gun going off. Or it could be Mac, Stella or anyone else's gun because tehy wnet to check up on the couple.

Only the writters, Directers and Actors no.......guess we have to wait

tonyandzivafan

[72]Jun 3, 2010
    • level: 41
    DL-Flack wrote:

Whoa cool down, people. This is American prime time television. They won't shoot a 2 year old child (or how old she ever might be ) during their evening program.

If Lucy were to get hit she would get grazed and more than likely accidently. Trust me when I say this, its possible. You might get a lot and I mean a lot of ticked off fans (I'm saying that lightly) but it get our attention.

So bravo Laura for even saying it. My mind went there even before the finale but I felt saying it before hand would jinx things.

Anyhoo, something was bugging me about the whole ending and I dont mean the gunshot echo. Well more than that. If any of you are old school like me and tape it or still have it on dvr, or any way to rewatch it, do so and at the end watch carefully. After Lindsay gets up (sits up in bed) and they go back to Danny, I realized he seemed to be backing up or almost leaning back. Maybe even a move to seem still and then take off. So now I have 2 new theories.

1. He seems to pause and slighty move back and just as Casey seems he will pull the trigger, Danny takes off down the hall. Oppisite of the bedroom. Hopefully their guns are in a gun safe somewhere in their bedroom. Lindsay hears the gunshot but ts a miss. She gets her gun and is able to shoo Casey in the back of his head. Danny is able to grab Little Lucy in time.

2. Danny's movemnet is b/c he sees Lindsay out the corner of his eye coming down the hallway with gun in hand. So he is backing up for Lindsay to sneak in and shoot. Or and this is competely evil option~ Lindsay if you all remember with her going to kill Danny speech and how she get away with it. She'll graze him in the shoulder. Danny falls and over sells it. Casey is thinking, *wtf* maybe even puts down Little Lucy. Goes over to Danny's 'still body' and then we get bang, bang, one in the heart and one in the head. Camera turns and there is Lindsay shaking but still in a shooters stance.

There has been talk that we havent seen her shoot and would she be even good. And call me crazy for thinking this (b/c I know this isnt an automatic or stereo typing but its tv people), but I think she would be being a famer girl. Gone shooting deer with dear old dad or her brothers. And after the tramatic event she went through as a young girl, I see her as completely kick a@@ kinda gal. She doesnt come off that way, but there is the advantage. Shane Casey will never... see... it...CoMiNg!!!!! *cackles*

boom-moo

[73]Jun 4, 2010
    tonyandzivafan wrote:
    He seems to pause and slighty move back and just as Casey seems he will pull the trigger, Danny takes off down the hall. Oppisite of the bedroom. Hopefully their guns are in a gun safe somewhere in their bedroom.
    I don't see Danny getting his eyes off Lucy for a second, let alone if that means him having to walk away even if it's just metres. Unless his gun is at hand's reach (so just needs to take a side step and stretch) I don't think he'll lose sight of his daughter.

tonyandzivafan

[74]Jun 4, 2010
    True. But if its just to move back and Lindsay can somehow sneak in and shoot Casey, he could still have his eyes on Lucy. I guess I'm stil lwanting kick a@@ Lindsay and for it not to be a dream.

boom-moo

[75]Jun 4, 2010
    I don't want it to be a dream either. It could be only be Lindsay's dream though, which would tie with her 'losing Danny' conversation. So I wouldn't rule it out TPTB's minds.

tonyandzivafan

[76]Jun 4, 2010
    Or Casey's dream as he is dying somewhere in the water. Lindsay works as well. I'm hating it being a cliffe already.

boom-moo

[77]Jun 4, 2010
    tonyandzivafan wrote:
    Or Casey's dream as he is dying somewhere in the water.
    True, nice one.

tonyandzivafan

[78]Jun 4, 2010
    It would make sense. You know if Lucy gets shot, I will not freak out. Instantly I will think dream from Casey's end.

boom-moo

[79]Jun 4, 2010
    I wouldn't either but I really don't think she is gonna get shot. It's like a bit too much, despite being a crime procedural show the franchise (from what I've seen at least) has always kept it pretty low key when it comes to kids, let alone the kid of the main cast.

mimisc2009

[80]Jun 5, 2010
    • level: 9
    Also don't think they're going to kill Lucy but what a finale. Hope they don't kill off Lindsay or Danny though.
    Can't wait for sept to come. OMG