7. Kewlz
    8. Randomlykeira
    9. Boom-moo
    10. MacsLady
    11. Lisaraph

A Mane bit

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Edited on 09/07/2007 3:45pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MacsLady

[83]Sep 8, 2007
    • level: 3

Awww, don't they look cute together? I have now watched every ep from s1 that has a Mac/Jane scene, and I have watched Necrophilia Americana from s2 too, I love how in every scene between them there is chemistry. I think my fave Mane moments are that entire scene in Officer Blue, where Jane flirts with Mac a little - that smile she gives him, the 'saving the world' and 'very noble' comments, and the hovering close to him - and he, the Marine, the scientist, the tough cop who never shows any uncertainty around bad guys, stutters and opens up and gets a bit nervous. My other fave scene is the one in Necrophilia Americana where Jane sneaks a look at Mac just before the elevator doors close.

What are everyone else's favourite Mane scenes?

MacsLady

[84]Sep 12, 2007
    On YouTube, there is a wonderful Mac/Jane vid. If you type 'Mac Taylor Jane Parsons' into the search box, it should come up. Also, there is a video of that scene from Officer Blue, just type 'CSI NY 3D printer' into the search box and it comes up. I discovered it completely by accident today, and was so happy. That scene is what got me hooked to Mane in the first place.

boom-moo

[85]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 75
    MacsLady wrote:
    Also, there is a video of that scene from Officer Blue, just type 'CSI NY 3D printer' into the search box and it comes up. I discovered it completely by accident today, and was so happy. That scene is what got me hooked to Mane in the first place.
    I know,it totally looks likethis scene between both is not casual. Appart from the Mane chemistry (c'mon,"a scientist with a heart") it adds nothing relevant to the episode. I mean, Mac could reproduce the bullet on his own, in a much shorter scene. So it seems clear to me that the writers were planning a little something with Mane, but then Jane suddendly disappeared so they brought Payton into play. Anyone with me?

Chanouel

[86]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 19

boom-moo wrote:
    MacsLady wrote:
    Also, there is a video of that scene from Officer Blue, just type 'CSI NY 3D printer' into the search box and it comes up. I discovered it completely by accident today, and was so happy. That scene is what got me hooked to Mane in the first place.
    I know,it totally looks likethis scene between both is not casual. Appart from the Mane chemistry (c'mon,"a scientist with a heart") it adds nothing relevant to the episode. I mean, Mac could reproduce the bullet on his own, in a much shorter scene. So it seems clear to me that the writers were planning a little something with Mane, but then Jane suddendly disappeared so they brought Payton into play. Anyone with me?

Well Boom, you're right.AZ said that they had planned for some kind of relationship for Mac & Jane and that's why they had that scene with the bullet. But later on, they decided not to run with it, but he never said why....

boom-moo

[87]Sep 12, 2007
    Chanouel wrote:

Well Boom, you're right.AZ said that they had planned for some kind of relationship for Mac & Jane and that's why they had that scene with the bullet. But later on, they decided not to run with it, but he never said why....

Really? I never heard that before. See, now that's a pity

Chanouel

[88]Sep 12, 2007
    boom-moo wrote:
    Chanouel wrote:

Really? I never heard that before. See, now that's a pity

If I'm not mistaken, AZ mentions it in the commentaries of "Officer Blue" on the DVD of season 1....

boom-moo

[89]Sep 12, 2007
    Chanouel wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, AZ mentions it in the commentaries of "Officer Blue" on the DVD of season 1....

Seems like I have to go over the commented episodes again.
    Edited on 09/12/2007 4:12pm
    Edited 2 total times.

MacsLady

[90]Sep 13, 2007

Boom, I totally agree with you, there is definite chemistry between them in that scene, and the 'scientist with a heart' is proof. Jane was flirting with Mac.

Chanouel, you're right, AZ did say they were going to do something with Mac/Jane, but then they decided not to. I wonder when they decided not to pursue this relationship, because, IMO, there is chemistry between Mac and Jane in most, if not all, of their scenes together in s1/s2. I mean, in The Fall, have you seen how he looks at her while he was waiting for her to do the test on the soda can? He could have sat there and read the case file or something, but no, he sits and watches her. And in Necrophilia Americana, Jane checks Mac out when he's not looking as the elevator doors close...

About Peyton, and I think this has already been mentioned either here or on another thread, isn't it a coincidence that she's English? Hmm, who does that remind us off?I think Mac went with her because he misses Jane. Also, the back story that they gave Peyton was that she had worked in the ME's office with Sheldon, and had worked with Mac also, and then she left to teach at Columbia (I think) and then came back.Apparently there was chemistry between them before she left, but they didn't pursue a relationship until she returned. Now, that's fine, but we never saw it. I think they could have used the same storyline for Mac/Jane.Jane worked in the ME's office. She and Mac had chemistry. Jane disappears for most of season 2. If Jane had been in bed with Mac, instead of Peyton in the s3 premiere, that would have made more sense and also been good continuity from s1/s2. I like Peyton, but when she appeared in Mac's bed, I waa like,'where the hell did she come from', whereas if it had been Jane,itwould have made more sense. I wonder whether they would have done it that way is Sonya wasn't doing 'Lost'.

Chanouel

[91]Sep 13, 2007
    MacsLady wrote:

About Peyton, and I think this has already been mentioned either here or on another thread, isn't it a coincidence that she's English? Hmm, who does that remind us off?I think Mac went with her because he misses Jane. Also, the back story that they gave Peyton was that she had worked in the ME's office with Sheldon, and had worked with Mac also, and then she left to teach at Columbia (I think) and then came back.Apparently there was chemistry between them before she left, but they didn't pursue a relationship until she returned. Now, that's fine, but we never saw it. I think they could have used the same storyline for Mac/Jane.Jane worked in the ME's office. She and Mac had chemistry. Jane disappears for most of season 2. If Jane had been in bed with Mac, instead of Peyton in the s3 premiere, that would have made more sense and also been good continuity from s1/s2. I like Peyton, but when she appeared in Mac's bed, I waa like,'where the hell did she come from', whereas if it had been Jane,itwould have made more sense. I wonder whether they would have done it that way is Sonya wasn't doing 'Lost'.

I couldn't agree with you more! I hate the way they shoved Peyton down our throats. It would have made so much more sense for it to be Jane in that bed.....or ME for that matter ...sorry, my delusional self took over for a minute..
    Edited on 09/13/2007 4:58am

boom-moo

[92]Sep 13, 2007
    MacsLady wrote:

About Peyton, and I think this has already been mentioned either here or on another thread, isn't it a coincidence that she's English? Hmm, who does that remind us off?I think Mac went with her because he misses Jane. Also, the back story that they gave Peyton was that she had worked in the ME's office with Sheldon, and had worked with Mac also, and then she left to teach at Columbia (I think) and then came back.Apparently there was chemistry between them before she left, but they didn't pursue a relationship until she returned. Now, that's fine, but we never saw it. I think they could have used the same storyline for Mac/Jane.Jane worked in the ME's office. She and Mac had chemistry. Jane disappears for most of season 2. If Jane had been in bed with Mac, instead of Peyton in the s3 premiere, that would have made more sense and also been good continuity from s1/s2. I like Peyton, but when she appeared in Mac's bed, I waa like,'where the hell did she come from', whereas if it had been Jane,itwould have made more sense.

Totally agree! Couldn't have explained it better

MacsLady

[93]Dec 2, 2007

Um, I'm not too sure how you post spoilers here, so I'll just do this. It's about Peyton and 'Time's Up', which I know people in the US have seen, and maybe some people elsewhere (i have and I'm in England) but I don't wanna ruin it for people in other countries who haven't seen s4 yet.

*SPOILER*

*SPOILER*

*SPOILER*

*SPOILER*

*SPOILER*

*SPOILER*

Just bumpint this thread. Hmm, maybe now Peyton is gone, Jane will turn up and Mac will realize that he was only really with Peyton 'cause she reminded him of Jane. Maybe Jane went away because she knew Peyton and Mac were dating and didn't want to have to watch them together or didn't want to get in the way, and she somehow finds out Peyton is gone, so comes back to claim Mac and take care of him after the stressful time he's had this season.

boom-moo

[94]Dec 2, 2007

MacsLady, don't worry. Episodes that have aired are not spoilers any more.

And I agree that it would be a good time for Jane to show up back

MacsLady

[95]Dec 4, 2007
    boom-moo wrote:

MacsLady, don't worry. Episodes that have aired are not spoilers any more.

And I agree that it would be a good time for Jane to show up back

Thanx for explaining about the spoiler issue, I wasn't sure.

It would be so great if Jane showed up now. She could have found out about what happened to Mac in The Thing About Heroes as well as about Peyton, and turn up outside the lab one day, offering to take him for a drink. I can see him opening up to her about Peyton and the whole 333 thing, we know he likes talking to her from 'Officer Blue'.

Hey, in 'Buzzkill' that girl who was in the hospital was called Brandi Parsons, wasn't she? Same last name as Jane. No relation in the ep itself obviously, but if it was a fic she could have been Jane's sister or cousin or something and Jane could have shown up at the hospital or Mac could have gone to her place to tell her..

Aw, I was watching Tanglewood yesterday and that scene where Mac talks to Jane in the DNA lab is so sweet. He knows the quickest way to get to her...awww. And he comes fast when she beeps him.

boom-moo

[96]Dec 5, 2007
    MacsLady wrote:
    Hey, in 'Buzzkill' that girl who was in the hospital was called Brandi Parsons, wasn't she? Same last name as Jane. No relation in the ep itself obviously, but if it was a fic she could have been Jane's sister or cousin or something and Jane could have shown up at the hospital or Mac could have gone to her place to tell her..
    Awww, I love the way you think

MacsLady wrote:
    Aw, I was watching Tanglewood yesterday and that scene where Mac talks to Jane in the DNA lab is so sweet. He knows the quickest way to get to her...awww. And he comes fast when she beeps him.
    I love that line of Mac. Squee!

MacsLady

[97]Jan 5, 2008

Awww, I was watching 'Officer Blue' again last night, and the Mac/Jane scene made me *squee* as always. I love that scene, you can feel/see the attraction between them, in their body language and how they just keep smiling at each other. in what they say. Jane was one of the first women (other than Stella) who Mac opens up to. I love how she comes in and says 'Oh, I'm sorry, I'm hope I'm not interrupting' with that big smile on her face- she obviously isn't 'sorry' at all, and Mac seems really pleased to see her. And she calls him a 'scientist with a heart' - I think she is one of the few people in s1 who recognize that Mac does have a heart, other than Stella. And she's obviously impressed/touched by what he's doing - she says it's ''very noble.' And when he tells her to 'take care' at the end, you can see he means it. Finally, I love how they both seem a little flustered by each other - Mac stutters, and Jane looks a bit flustered after he tells her to take care and leave.

Dakotagirl823

[98]Jan 10, 2008
    • level: 23
    ADD ME TO THE LIST! I couldn't get enough of Mac/Jane in season 1. They had some great chemistry-more that Mac ever had with Peyton. Don't get me wrong, I liked Peyton and she really did remind me of Jane, but I don't think Mac was very serious about her. I thought Peyton had more class than to break up with Mac via Dear John letter.
    Edited on 01/10/2008 5:08pm
    Edited 2 total times.

boom-moo

[99]Jan 10, 2008

Dakota, you are welcome

Mane Members wrote:
    1. Blu(co-founder)
    2. Sugah (co-founder)
    3. PiratePixieVix
    4. Moggers
    5. DLRgirl213
    6. Jenn
    7. Kewlz
    8. Randomlykeira
    9. Boom-moo
    10. MacsLady
    11. Lisaraph
    12. Dakotagirl823

Edited on 01/10/2008 5:29pm

MacsLady

[100]Jan 11, 2008
    Welcome, dakotagirl! I can't get enough of Mac/Jane either. They're so good together. Hey, have you read any of the CSI NY books by Stuart M Kaminsky? The second one, Blood on the Sun has a couple of sweet, shipper-y Mac/Jane scenes.
    I liked Peyton too, but I prefer the chemistry Mac had with Jane to the chemistry he had with Peyton. The M/J chemistry was more intersting because you could see it building up to romantic involvement, whereas the M/P chemistry was a result of an already very clearly established romantic involvement - we already saw Mac and Peyton in bed together.