CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

What do YOU want to see in Season 9?

Dewbak75

[1]May 15, 2012
    • level: 18

Now that we know CSI:NY is coming back in the fall, what would you folks like to see next season, either with the stories or the characters? This thread isn't about spoilers for what they ARE doing, just about what you WANT them to do.

- I would very much like to see the Mac/Christine relationship continue to grow. I was a fan of his previous two romances(watching the very beginning of Mac & Aubrey was especially fun), and was bummed when they didn't continue past one season. It's been 10 years since Mac's wife died, he deserves to be happy. Considering that the show is nearing its end, I'd really like this relationship to work out.

- More Jo/Flack semi-flirty fun! Those two practically sizzled onscreen from the moment they met, I wish the show would let them play off each other more.

- A couple of recurring faces among the lab rats. They had some techs appearing multiple times in the first two seasons, but this is one area where CSI:NY always lagged behind the other two shows in the franchise. I don't want 4 new names added to the opening credits or anything, I just want a sense of continuity, and an acknowledgment that the work in the lab isn't all done by the actual CSI's

- A full-on crossover with the Vegas crew. This might've been a bit better when Fishburne was still in Vegas, he & Gary Sinise worked very well together. But watching Mac the ex-Marine(I know, I know, there's no such thing) interacting with the slightly-hippie DB could be a lot of fun. Plus, according to the bio on Wikipedia, Jim Brass served in the Marines. I want it more like the NY/Miami crossover in Season 2, where NY came to Miami, and then Miami went to NY, than like the Trilogy where it was just Langston visiting the other two cities. I also want SOMEONE from the NY team to walk into the Vegas lab and comment on how freaking dark it is in there!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[2]May 16, 2012
    • level: 75
    -I agree on your points about Mac/Christine and the sense of continuity when it comes to lab rats, although I'm not too bothered about the later. I like a lot how Mac/Christine have been written so far so I hope there's a continuation on that (and it isn't randomly dropped like the story with Aubrey was!). If season 9 starts where 8 ended time-wise (with the 6 months time jump and all), Mac and Christine would have been dating for quite a while already so I hope their relationship is consolidated by then.

-As I ask every hiatus, I'd love to see more of the team's private lives outside of the lab.

-And I want to know if Mac's visions while on the surgery table are the real deal or just what his imagination led him to assume.

Dewbak75

[3]May 16, 2012
    • level: 18

boom-moo wrote:
    -I agree on your points about Mac/Christine and the sense of continuity when it comes to lab rats, although I'm not too bothered about the later. I like a lot how Mac/Christine have been written so far so I hope there's a continuation on that (and it isn't randomly dropped like the story with Aubrey was!). If season 9 starts where 8 ended time-wise (with the 6 months time jump and all), Mac and Christine would have been dating for quite a while already so I hope their relationship is consolidated by then. -As I ask every hiatus, I'd love to see more of the team's private lives outside of the lab. -And I want to know if Mac's visions while on the surgery table are the real deal or just what his imagination led him to assume.

Another point with the Mac/Christine relationship, I'd like to make sure she gets the occasional interaction with others from the lab. Sometimes on a show like this it seems the boyfriend/girlfriend exists in a whole separate universe from the main cast. It doesn't have to be anything big. Just things like the scene with the group as they were headed to Lucy's birthday party, or the scenes with Jo & Christine at the hospital in the finale. It stands to reason she would get to know Mac's co-workers at least a little bit, I'd just like to see some acknowledgement of that

tonyandzivafan

[4]Jun 20, 2012
    • level: 41
    *I'd love to have Adam's dad on. And they'd have to cast him well. Anyone who watches NCIS I believe they casted Tony's (MW) dad reallly well.

*Finally know did Danny's brother die or not.

*More personal stuff about the characters too.

*I'd really love Stella to return for an episode or 2. Maybe a connection with a case to where she ended up (which sadly I have forgotten already).

*Something shocking but yet believable. Which can be hard but can be done. Exmple: I forget the episode but its the one where the investigation of Mac and his actions that led to Clay Dobson's death. A father of possible victim pulls a gun on Mac. Maybe the girl being found alive. Maybe she was never Clay's victim and has been held all this time (I know a bit crazy but not impossible).

*And some really great guest stars. Someone that be a cool reunion b/c one of the actors has stared with said guest actor (mentioned this elsewhere but Tom Hanks and have scenes with Gary/ Ma).

* Also going on the previous suggestion having a spouse of one of the cast guest star (minus a certain someone which I think can be easily guessed).

boom-moo

[5]Jun 20, 2012
    tonyandzivafan wrote:
    And some really great guest stars. Someone that be a cool reunion b/c one of the actors has stared with said guest actor (mentioned this elsewhere but Tom Hanks and have scenes with Gary/ Ma).
    I'd like this as well, it's always nice watching

tonyandzivafan wrote:
    Also going on the previous suggestion having a spouse of one of the cast guest star (minus a certain someone which I think can be easily guessed).
    Lmao!

tonyandzivafan

[6]Jun 20, 2012
    • level: 41
    boom-moo wrote:
    tonyandzivafan wrote:
    And some really great guest stars. Someone that be a cool reunion b/c one of the actors has stared with said guest actor (mentioned this elsewhere but Tom Hanks and have scenes with Gary/ Ma).
    I'd like this as well, it's always nice watching

tonyandzivafan wrote:
    Also going on the previous suggestion having a spouse of one of the cast guest star (minus a certain someone which I think can be easily guessed).
    Lmao!

Some of my favorite guest stars are ones out of their elements.

I'm surprised there has been talk of pitchforks and what not b/c of her.

And I thought of another one.... what ever happened to the doctor Mac was dating? I think part of my dislike against Christine is just when fans seem to like whomever he is seeing they disappear with no explination. Well except for Peyton but that took a while.

Also Adam getting some loving. And no omg one night stand with any current or previous know characters. He deserves more. *squishy huggles Adam*

boom-moo

[7]Jun 20, 2012
    tonyandzivafan wrote:
    [Also Adam getting some loving. And no omg one night stand with any current or previous know characters. He deserves more. *squishy huggles Adam*
    I'd love for Kendall to be back, they were hot together and had a lot of chemistry. And Adam was soo besoted it was way too cute

I gave up on TPTB giving any closure to some storylines like Mac's previous love interest *sigh* I really hope that whereves Mac&Christine go, ending together or not, there's closure.