CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Where are you?

  • Avatar of Cherish4

    Cherish4

    [61]Nov 22, 2006
    • member since: 08/19/06
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,283

    Hey another brit here!

    I live in England in a place called Stourbridge, in the West Midlands. It's not that far away from where Charlie lives in Staffordshire.

    Edited on 11/22/2006 11:25am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of candzOct

    candzOct

    [62]Nov 23, 2006
    • member since: 09/11/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 187

    KayteeLern wrote:
    I'm revealing my age: 15 O.O Almost 16, though. So I could really call you my mother, suzpsycho!! I was born and raised in Bergen county, New Jersey, and a year and a half ago my mom and I moved to Beijing, China, where I will continue to stay until I graduate from high school. I'm Chinese on my mother's side. Anyone else here from the oldest still living civilization to date? And yes, i do go back to the States often, but only until my older brother graduates from HIS high school (still in the US), which he will this year. Hello everyone! = Dajia hao!

    kaytee, i am also descended from the ancient civilization of Cathay i like china's old name, just like i like Persia and Mesopotamia i am chinese on both sides and some other blood thrown in, too

    BTW, i come from Cebu, Philippines (the host city and country of the coming ASEAN Summit).

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KayteeLern

    KayteeLern

    [63]Nov 23, 2006
    • member since: 05/01/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 201
    candzOct wrote:

    KayteeLern wrote:
    I'm revealing my age: 15 O.O Almost 16, though. So I could really call you my mother, suzpsycho!! I was born and raised in Bergen county, New Jersey, and a year and a half ago my mom and I moved to Beijing, China, where I will continue to stay until I graduate from high school. I'm Chinese on my mother's side. Anyone else here from the oldest still living civilization to date? And yes, i do go back to the States often, but only until my older brother graduates from HIS high school (still in the US), which he will this year. Hello everyone! = Dajia hao!

    kaytee, i am also descended from the ancient civilization of Cathay i like china's old name, just like i like Persia and Mesopotamia i am chinese on both sides and some other blood thrown in, too

    BTW, i come from Cebu, Philippines (the host city and country of the coming ASEAN Summit).



    Nice! nice to meet another zhongguoren on the boards! (be they able to speak the language or not)

    Earlier this November, Beijing hosted the "Beijing Summit", with our African neighbors.

    Philippines! We're probably in the same time zone!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of winche

    winche

    [64]Nov 23, 2006
    • member since: 04/26/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 192
    KayteeLern wrote:
    candzOct wrote:

    KayteeLern wrote:
    I'm revealing my age: 15 O.O Almost 16, though. So I could really call you my mother, suzpsycho!! I was born and raised in Bergen county, New Jersey, and a year and a half ago my mom and I moved to Beijing, China, where I will continue to stay until I graduate from high school. I'm Chinese on my mother's side. Anyone else here from the oldest still living civilization to date? And yes, i do go back to the States often, but only until my older brother graduates from HIS high school (still in the US), which he will this year. Hello everyone! = Dajia hao!

    kaytee, i am also descended from the ancient civilization of Cathay i like china's old name, just like i like Persia and Mesopotamia i am chinese on both sides and some other blood thrown in, too

    BTW, i come from Cebu, Philippines (the host city and country of the coming ASEAN Summit).

    Nice! nice to meet another zhongguoren on the boards! (be they able to speak the language or not) Earlier this November, Beijing hosted the "Beijing Summit", with our African neighbors. Philippines! We're probably in the same time zone!
    I'm chinese too; I was born in Hong Kong, but I've lived in Melbourne, Australia most of my life! Doesn't seem to be other Aussies on the board currently.... Maybe everyone's watching the Ashes with the English (the Brits will know what I'm talking about!)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of silverlaine

    silverlaine

    [65]Nov 23, 2006
    • member since: 06/17/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 245

    Well meh, I'm from Manila, Philippines. Yup, another Filipino.....and proud of it!  Hehe..

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of csi_cse

    csi_cse

    [66]Nov 23, 2006
    • member since: 09/05/06
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 25

    I'm a Chinese too!

    KayteeLern, can you speak Mandarin?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KayteeLern

    KayteeLern

    [67]Nov 23, 2006
    • member since: 05/01/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 201
    Keyi~~ Ni ye keyi ma? (my comps. character thing isn't working. Bah)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of candzOct

    candzOct

    [68]Nov 23, 2006
    • member since: 09/11/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 187

    kaytee, i understand that=) i speak mainly Fookien (most of the chinese in the philippines speak that) but there are some mandarin terms which i can still recall and i can still write some chinese characters=D

    hi winche (you must speak cantonese then) and csi_cse=) this is very interesting...this forum is such an international mix...^_^

    silver:  thank you for the PM^_^ it's never too late....=)

    edit:  to say that i think kaytee and i sent our message at the same time=) and we might have the same time zone. it's 10:40p.m. here. and yes, ke-yi=)

    Edited on 11/23/2006 6:10am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KayteeLern

    KayteeLern

    [69]Nov 23, 2006
    • member since: 05/01/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 201
    candzOct wrote:

    kaytee, i understand that=) i speak mainly Fookien (most of the chinese in the philippines speak that) but there are some mandarin terms which i can still recall and i can still write some chinese characters=D

    hi winche (you must speak cantonese then) and csi_cse=) this is very interesting...this forum is such an international mix...^_^

    silver:  thank you for the PM^_^ it's never too late....=)

    edit:  to say that i think kaytee and i sent our message at the same time=) and we might have the same time zone. it's 10:40p.m. here. and yes, ke-yi=)



    Then I am...half an hour earlier than you? Right now it's 10:40, and that "doublepost" (heehee) was at 9:08....... hmmm.......

    But, it's still pretty awesome!! Wo kaixin le!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of csi_cse

    csi_cse

    [70]Nov 23, 2006
    • member since: 09/05/06
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 25

    Ni shi hua ren ma?

    I can speak Cantonese fluently. However I can only understand but can't speak Mandarin fluently. You guys can read Chinese characters?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of candzOct

    candzOct

    [71]Nov 23, 2006
    • member since: 09/11/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 187

    kaytee, well you must be half an hour earlier.  funny how we both posted at the same time...lol!! this is kind of fun and amusing....=)

    csi_cse--yes, wo sheh hua ren=) but i am a filipino by citizenship.  no, i don't speak cantonese and i can understand and speak a little mandarin--and yes, i can remember how to write some of the chinese characters=)

    EDIT:  i gave the wrong answer.  yes, i can read some of the chinese characters--chinese language was part of our school curriculum.

    we're not going OT here, are we?o_0 hehehehehe...=)

    EDIT 2:  good night!=)

    Edited on 11/23/2006 7:20am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KayteeLern

    KayteeLern

    [72]Nov 23, 2006
    • member since: 05/01/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 201
    csi_cse, wo ye shi hua ren. ^^

    Seeing as I am currently studying here in Beijing, I hope I do understand Mandarin.....(which I semi-do).. I started learning the language sept of '05(when I moved here), though, suo yi wo de hanyu hen cha.. I can understand it when someone speaks, but if you ask me to repeat it.....nope. And I only know school stuff, not basic things. Birushuo, yan suan is hydrochloric acid, but I don't know, say, doorknob. *shrug*

    and candz, I don't quite think this is going OT...TECHNICALLY, we're talking about our roots, language, yadda, which has to deal with where we currently are.

    'Night Candz! Oh shoot, I'd better be going to bed, too...*sheepish grin*
    Edited on 11/23/2006 8:16am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CSI_Fiona

    CSI_Fiona

    [73]Nov 23, 2006
    • member since: 09/12/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 2,784
    winche wrote:
    KayteeLern wrote:
    candzOct wrote:

    KayteeLern wrote:
    I'm revealing my age: 15 O.O Almost 16, though. So I could really call you my mother, suzpsycho!! I was born and raised in Bergen county, New Jersey, and a year and a half ago my mom and I moved to Beijing, China, where I will continue to stay until I graduate from high school. I'm Chinese on my mother's side. Anyone else here from the oldest still living civilization to date? And yes, i do go back to the States often, but only until my older brother graduates from HIS high school (still in the US), which he will this year. Hello everyone! = Dajia hao!

    kaytee, i am also descended from the ancient civilization of Cathay i like china's old name, just like i like Persia and Mesopotamia i am chinese on both sides and some other blood thrown in, too

    BTW, i come from Cebu, Philippines (the host city and country of the coming ASEAN Summit).

    Nice! nice to meet another zhongguoren on the boards! (be they able to speak the language or not) Earlier this November, Beijing hosted the "Beijing Summit", with our African neighbors. Philippines! We're probably in the same time zone!
    I'm chinese too; I was born in Hong Kong, but I've lived in Melbourne, Australia most of my life! Doesn't seem to be other Aussies on the board currently.... Maybe everyone's watching the Ashes with the English (the Brits will know what I'm talking about!)

    I'm English and I understand only a little of the ashes, it's tennis or something and we won it last year? I am terrible at sports.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of piratepixie-vix

    piratepixie-vix

    [74]Nov 23, 2006
    • member since: 09/30/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 803

    CSI_Fiona wrote:
    I'm English and I understand only a little of the ashes, it's tennis or something and we won it last year? I am terrible at sports.

    ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!?!?!?!

    CRICKET, the ashes are cricket, and last summer we, the brits, won, beating the aussies, now we are in australia, playing them at home!!!  

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CSI_Fiona

    CSI_Fiona

    [75]Nov 23, 2006
    • member since: 09/12/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 2,784
    piratepixie-vix wrote:

    CSI_Fiona wrote:
    I'm English and I understand only a little of the ashes, it's tennis or something and we won it last year? I am terrible at sports.

    ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!?!?!?!

    CRICKET, the ashes are cricket, and last summer we, the brits, won, beating the aussies, now we are in australia, playing them at home!!!  

    OK, so I really suck at sports.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of piratepixie-vix

    piratepixie-vix

    [76]Nov 23, 2006
    • member since: 09/30/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 803
    we now happen to be losing to them, well...its the first day of the first test, there are five!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CSI_Fiona

    CSI_Fiona

    [77]Nov 23, 2006
    • member since: 09/12/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 2,784

    piratepixie-vix wrote:
    we now happen to be losing to them, well...its the first day of the first test, there are five!!

    Greek to me.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of winche

    winche

    [78]Nov 23, 2006
    • member since: 04/26/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 192
    CSI_Fiona wrote:

    piratepixie-vix wrote:
    we now happen to be losing to them, well...its the first day of the first test, there are five!!

    Greek to me.

    pixie - you seem quite into the cricket! It's a HUGE thing in Australia at the moment. No offence but I'd love to see the Aussies win it back! Although Freddy Flintoff is doing his best to stop that!! 

    Fiona - My dad and brother loves it and I grew up not paying much attention so it's usually blah blah, blah blah blah whenever it's on! Only since last year (I was very pregnant and can't be bothered doing anything) did I start watching during the last ashes - it was a very exciting series!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kewlz

    kewlz

    [79]Nov 23, 2006
    • member since: 10/22/06
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 2,634
    winche wrote:
    CSI_Fiona wrote:

    piratepixie-vix wrote:
    we now happen to be losing to them, well...its the first day of the first test, there are five!!

    Greek to me.

    pixie - you seem quite into the cricket! It's a HUGE thing in Australia at the moment. No offence but I'd love to see the Aussies win it back! Although Freddy Flintoff is doing his best to stop that!! 

    Fiona - My dad and brother loves it and I grew up not paying much attention so it's usually blah blah, blah blah blah whenever it's on! Only since last year (I was very pregnant and can't be bothered doing anything) did I start watching during the last ashes - it was a very exciting series!

    Hey, I thought Australia's into Aussie Rules Footie?  I tried to watch a cricket game once when I was in Perth, but just couldn't bring myself to understand the game.  I very much preferred the fast-paced footie!   

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of winche

    winche

    [80]Nov 23, 2006
    • member since: 04/26/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 192
    kewlz wrote:
    winche wrote:
    CSI_Fiona wrote:

    piratepixie-vix wrote:
    we now happen to be losing to them, well...its the first day of the first test, there are five!!

    Greek to me.

    pixie - you seem quite into the cricket! It's a HUGE thing in Australia at the moment. No offence but I'd love to see the Aussies win it back! Although Freddy Flintoff is doing his best to stop that!! 

    Fiona - My dad and brother loves it and I grew up not paying much attention so it's usually blah blah, blah blah blah whenever it's on! Only since last year (I was very pregnant and can't be bothered doing anything) did I start watching during the last ashes - it was a very exciting series!

    Hey, I thought Australia's into Aussie Rules Footie?  I tried to watch a cricket game once when I was in Perth, but just couldn't bring myself to understand the game.  I very much preferred the fast-paced footie!   



    Footy in Winter, Cricket in Summer!

    I have to say I prefer cricket. Especially in the test matches - they can last around 3-5 days - you can always walk away, do something else and you can still watch the best bits on replay a million times, haahahaa Footy is a bit too "bunch of blokes bashing each other up" for me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.