CSI: NY Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Where are you?

suzpsycho

[101]Nov 27, 2006
    • level: 14

Okay. Got that it is baseball for kiddies.  What size ball?  Like our Softball (6-8in. diameter)? How is the field laid out?  Sounds interesting.

See, I am senile!  What size is the bat? Shorter or longer than our baseball?

Edited on 11/27/2006 1:03pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CSI_Fiona

[102]Nov 27, 2006
    • level: 12
    suzpsycho wrote:

Okay. Got that it is baseball for kiddies.  What size ball?  Like our Softball (6-8in. diameter)? How is the field laid out?  Sounds interesting.

Fi has no idea.

suzpsycho

[103]Nov 27, 2006
    CSI_Fiona wrote:
    suzpsycho wrote:

Fi has no idea.

That's because Fi-Danny is nibbling your ear.

CSI_Fiona

[104]Nov 27, 2006
    suzpsycho wrote:
    CSI_Fiona wrote:
    suzpsycho wrote:

Fi has no idea.

I like that idea! No, it's because Fi HATES sport. Danny likes sport doen't he? Maybe he knows. 

Edited on 11/27/2006 1:10pm

piratepixie-vix

[105]Nov 27, 2006
    • level: 10
    suzpsycho wrote:
    CSI_Fiona wrote:
    suzpsycho wrote:

Fi has no idea.

Fi, Fi, Fi, u really need to train Fi-Danny to stop being so distracting, hes almost as bad as S-Greg

And Suz is talking bout baseball vs. rounders!!

And its basically the same bt the ball is only like 7cm, with a shrt wooden bat, and u have to keep hold of the bat whilst ur runing or else ur out, and im guessing same kinda field, bt im nt sure, 4 posts, bowler, backstop etc. 

suzpsycho

[106]Nov 27, 2006
    :
    piratepixie-vix

And Suz is talking bout baseball vs. rounders!!

And its basically the same bt the ball is only like 7cm, with a shrt wooden bat, and u have to keep hold of the bat whilst ur runing or else ur out, and im guessing same kinda field, bt im nt sure, 4 posts, bowler, backstop etc. 

Baseball has about the same size ball (we aren't metric here) 3in diameter.  With four bases set up like a diamond: Home, 1st, 2nd, & 3rd.  You bat from home with a 22" to 30" bat (aluminium or wood).  Usually the field positions are INFIELD: Catcher (at home plate), 1st 2nd & 3rd basemen, shortstop (between 2nd & 3rd) and the pitcher (on the mound in the middle of the diamond).  OUTFIELD: 3 men Rt. field (behind and between 1st & 2nd), Center Field (behind 2nd) and Lt. Field (behind and between 2nd & 3rd).  You score by running the bases and making it back to home without getting out. 

Now, how do you play rounders?  How long is the bat?  Why do you have to run with it? What is a bowler?  Come on Pirate, give me more info.

Edited on 11/27/2006 2:11pm

i_lv_chocolate

[107]Nov 28, 2006
    • level: 6
    a bowler is the person that is throwing the ball to the person batting.

suzpsycho

[108]Nov 28, 2006
    i_lv_chocolate wrote:
    So he is like our pitcher?

piratepixie-vix

[109]Nov 28, 2006

suzpsycho wrote:
    i_lv_chocolate wrote:

Yeah, bowler/pitcher same thing!!! we have 4 bases/posts too, and and 2 more where the 'pitcher' and the batter stand, the bat sounds the same, but wooden, and there are basically the same field positions too!! so not that different, but you keep the bat, and try to stump the person out before they get to the post they're running to!! that help suz?

suzpsycho

[110]Nov 28, 2006
    piratepixie-vix wrote:

suzpsycho wrote:
    i_lv_chocolate wrote:

Yeah, bowler/pitcher same thing!!! we have 4 bases/posts too, and and 2 more where the 'pitcher' and the batter stand, the bat sounds the same, but wooden, and there are basically the same field positions too!! so not that different, but you keep the bat, and try to stump the person out before they get to the post they're running to!! that help suz?

What is 'stumping'? Is that like tagging the runner out? Can you get the runner out by tagging the base before he gets there? Are they real posts or bags (ours are bags anchored in place)? Thanks for helping me learn something new.

piratepixie-vix

[111]Nov 28, 2006
    suzpsycho wrote:
    piratepixie-vix wrote:

suzpsycho wrote:
    i_lv_chocolate wrote:

What is 'stumping'? Is that like tagging the runner out? Can you get the runner out by tagging the base before he gets there? Are they real posts or bags (ours are bags anchored in place)? Thanks for helping me learn something new.

Stumping is hitting the post/base (basically a post bout 1m high weighted down) with the ball, you, as a fielder, have to touch the ball to the post before the runner touches it with the bat! But you have to touch it, not throw the ball at it, and you have to run when your hitting, you dont get 3 chances, unless its a no-ball, like wide or too low/high etc. And as for scoring, if you hit the ball and get to 2nd post then you get 1/2, if you get all the way round then you get a rounder, and if you dont hit it but get all the way round its 1/2!! also if the pitcher bowls 3 no-balls then you get 1/2! anything else you wana know?  im happy to help

suzpsycho

[112]Nov 28, 2006
    :
    piratepixie-vix

Stumping is hitting the post/base (basically a post bout 1m high weighted down) with the ball, you, as a fielder, have to touch the ball to the post before the runner touches it with the bat! But you have to touch it, not throw the ball at it, and you have to run when your hitting, you dont get 3 chances, unless its a no-ball, like wide or too low/high etc. And as for scoring, if you hit the ball and get to 2nd post then you get 1/2, if you get all the way round then you get a rounder, and if you dont hit it but get all the way round its 1/2!! also if the pitcher bowls 3 no-balls then you get 1/2! anything else you wana know?  im happy to help

So a no-ball is like our strike? Or like our ball? Thanks for you help.

piratepixie-vix

[113]Nov 28, 2006
    suzpsycho wrote:
    :
    piratepixie-vix

So a no-ball is like our strike? Or like our ball? Thanks for you help.

Our no-ball is like your strike, i think, you dont have to run cos its the pitchers fault that they didnt throw proply, but if it is a no-ball and you do hit it, i.e. even if it is low/high, then you can still run if you want, and get the points!! In baseball is it a strike when the pitcher bowls bad, or when the hitter misses? coz in rounders if it is a good ball and the hitter misses then they still have to run.

suzpsycho

[114]Nov 29, 2006
    Gotcha PPV!  As I understand, your no-ball is like our 'ball' call.  A 'ball' is a bad pitch.  It was either too high/low or didn't pass over the plate (home base).  A strike is a ball that passes over the plate and is not hit or the batter swings at a ball (any kind) and misses.  In baseball, you can not run to a base unless you hit the ball.  If you get 3 strikes, you have struck out and your turn at bat is over.  When your team has 3 players strike out in an inning, the team's turn at bat is over for that inning.  An inning is a turn at bat for each team and there are 9 innings in a game. Tell me more about rounders.  It sounds interesting.  You get to run even if you don't hit the ball?  Why must you carry the bat?
    Edited on 11/29/2006 3:37pm

pop_star1988

[115]Nov 30, 2006
    im from the Philippines

suzpsycho

[116]Nov 30, 2006
    pop_star1988 wrote:
    im from the Philippines
    Hi Popstar! You haven't been here in a while. Nice to have you back. There are other members here from the Phillipines too. Come back soon.

HunterJ8

[117]Nov 30, 2006
    • level: 29
    I didn't notice anyone else here from Georgia/South Carolina. Thats where I am... both. Ooh, aren't I impressive.

suzpsycho

[118]Nov 30, 2006
    HunterJ8 wrote:
    I didn't notice anyone else here from Georgia/South Carolina. Thats where I am... both. Ooh, aren't I impressive.
    How do you manage that? I was just in Newnan for Thanksgiving. Welcome fellow Southerner!

suzpsycho

[119]Dec 5, 2006

CandzOct, Silverlaine, Keipots, Pop_Star 1998! 

How are you doing since the typhoon?  Is everyone alright?  Homes okay? Friends?

SuzanneBOBO

[120]Dec 5, 2006
    • level: 16
    I'm from Doetinchem. That's in The Netherlands..