CSI: NY

It Happened to Me

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Nov 04, 2009 on CBS

• The economy gets the best of us...?

First; What's up with the whole Ghost Whisperer,"You could have saved me", bit?
    It seemed a little weird to me.
    Plus, It was unexpected and catches you off guard, but it doesn't really make a huge amount of sense.

Now, am I the only one to notice the whole amount of specific particulates found on bodies?
    Ant chalk?
    That's been discontinued for two years?
    CSI:NY isn't the only show guilty of making connections from the ridiculous.
    I know it's away to connect the dots and implicate suspects, but it really gets a little far fetched.

Lastly, might someone tell me where the writers get these crazy party ideas?
    Because the idea of them doing research in the places scares me, lol.
  • A man dies a grusome death on the street. Sheldon recognizes the man as someone he had helped in Central Park while volunteering as a medic. He soon comes to believe he may have some responsibility in the man's death.

5.5
    This episode just did not work for me. There are just too many problems with it in my opinion. The biggest problem is the scenes of the sploshing parties. I turned away from the screen numerous times. They are gross to the Nth degree. I agree completely with the posted bit of trivia saying that it's hard to believe the victim did not notice a piece of spagetti stuck to his leg. As for the storyline that focuses on Sheldon. That has been done better in previous episodes ("And Here's to You, Mrs. Azreal."). My advice is skip this episode.
  • Fun case, fun episode.

CSI: NY has been a critical and ratings success because it does not solely tackle cases of murder and deceit; it hooks the viewer in by creating compelling characters as well and does not hesitate to go into their troubled past when need be.

Such was the case tonight as we saw Sheldon Hawkes of the crime lab having difficulty in his life. But the show was careful not to have this overweigh the actual murder at hand, a problem many cop dramas often make.

It all was capped off with a brilliant scene with a man wanting to fall from a fire escape only to be saved by the troubled Sheldon and Mac Taylor.

Good episode, good artistic approach as well.
  • Lots of team work... Hawkes centered

Finally our beloved Dr. Hawkes gets a storyline. He lost all his money a month ago and had to sell everything he had, even his condo. That made him work too much and change... That comes to light when a patient of his ends up dead and he blames himself for not taking it serious. When a 2nd body is found he gets even more worried and shatters more... He finally is forced to confess what happens when we discover that the murderer had the same problem than Hawkes and he is threatenning to kill himself... At the end we see how Mac 'orders' HAwkes to stay with him.
    There is lots of scenes when 2 or more members of the team are working together and in exception of Hawkes all of the them have more or less the same screentime. Sid helping Danny in the lab with an experiment. The girls working together and Adam being around too... Good chapter. Some cute moments between Adam and Stella including some funny ones like when he explains her what is a splashing party!:)

All in all good chapter! For the spoilers I read I expected maybe a more dramatic one but I liked it that way!:)