CSI: NY

Keep It Real

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Sep 30, 2011 on CBS

7.6
  • 8x02

A very strong episode, first of all, I want to say that at the beginning I thought this episode was going to be boring by the synopsis, I mean, if you read "The team investigates if the efforts of a young man to get close to a rock star brought about his death" you obviously think that the episode is going to boring as hell because it did not say anything interesting in the synopsis, however, after I started watching the episode, I chance of mind instantly, I really loved how the tragic events in this episode were developed, refreshing music, interesting characters and of course a very sad but also strong story, make this episode a very solid one in my opinion even better than the season opener

P.D: I´m from Venezuela, I´m not an expert writing in English, please forgive my mistakes

• A young man is found shot surrounded by fake bills in his apartment. And also, Mac is back at the lab!!

I LOVED this chapter!! It was just great! The case was really good, the actors were all amazing!! Some times you can tell from the begining who the killer is gonna be but with this one, until Flack and Jo go back to the guitar shop and we got the close up to the guy's nails I didn't know... for a good while I thought it had something to do with the tattoo artist, who was extremely hot, btw! Nice way to get fake bills! Really smart!
    We got really nice personal moments. Adam and Hawkes betting on when Mac was gonna come back, Jo meeting her son's new roomate, that I knew from the begining it was going to be a pretty girl, Mac going back to the lab, Sid being less creepy than usually... Maybe the one less around was Flack but he looked good in every shot so I enjoyed the little moments! And the DL... I think we could make a competition about how many pet names have they called the other in that little scene at the lab: honey, babe, sweetheart... Really cute. And I loved that at the end since Lindsay couldn't leave, Danny stayed at the lab helping her to spend time together... sweet! But my favorite scenes were at the crime scene. First when Lindsay fakes that he doesn't know Danny and he very sad replyes 'Are you trying to break my heart?' For me that was him saying that he misses spending time with her an awfully lot and he's sorry about it. And another funny when they argued about who said first that Mac was coming back!
    All in all a great chapter with funny moments and touchy ones (Ally singing that really beautiful song at the end) and of course Mac is back!!